• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Earthbending Move: EarthClutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmyernos

Verified Member
Element: Earth

Name:
EarthClutch

Purpose: To trap your opponent in earth, giving you a chance you gain the upper hand, or to get away and catch your breath.

How it works: Shift and right click at your opponent. This causes him to be encased on all four sides by a block of earth. He is trapped up to his waist (one block high). While he is trapped, he cannot move or bend. The default time is 5 seconds, but it is, of course, configurable. While trapped, he may be attacked freely, but the earth around him acts as a sort of "shield", causing him to take 50% LESS damage on all attacks. Ex. If EarthBlast normally does two hearts damage it would only do one. This move also comes with a long cooldown.

Canon: It is canon. Toph uses this move on Azula during the Solar Eclipse invasion. She also uses it on a Dia Li agent in Ba Sing Se. (I couldn't find any GIFs) The Dai Li agents also used this on Iroh in the Crystal Catacombs beneath Ba Sing Se.

promancer

Verified Member
Theres already a very similar combo to what you are suggesting. Its not in the official plugin tho =P

djmyernos

Verified Member
Theres already a very similar combo to what you are suggesting. Its not in the official plugin tho =P
Lol That's why I'm suggesting this. EarthSink isn't quite the same though.

This sounds like a glorified earthgrab to me.v
I think this is a more accurate picture of EarthGrab. No doubt EarthGrab would've been possible, but you can easily get out of EarthGrab using RaiseEarth or Catapult, whereas here you cannot, as it was in the show.

djmyernos

Verified Member
50% is low considering how much damage input an avatar can do, but let's take it aside. If let's say YOU got trapped by it, all it'd take is a lava flow and you are done.
True, but lots of servers now have a very op LavaFlow. It's basically instant lava, and so you're pretty much done if they use it any other time as well. Granted here you can't use raiseearth.

paliate

Verified Member
Going to deny this.
It's not really needed, And would quite frankly be too overpowered. I feel like It'd cause a unbalance in the plugin, Chi has been the only one to paralyze which is fine since most of them are unable to get near a bender (which is what balances chi in my opinion).

Giving a earthbender paralyze is just as wrong as giving metalclips blindness, Yes it is canon, No it would not balance well with the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.