• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New fire move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Move: FireDeflect (Name not set, suggestions would be appreciated)
Element: Fire
How Used: Shift
Description: This was used by Pi'li (incorrect spelling, I know) to deflect a fireblast shot from a dragon. How this move would work is when you hold shift, any fireblast, fireburst (click), fireblast (charged) would be blocked in a similar fashion of how AirShield works with the fire spinning in a circle around the player.

Changed:
If possible, the player would have to shift when the moves get a configurable range from them, by default I would say like 4 or 5 blocks, as P'li blocked it from a decent distance away.

Last edited:

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Name not set, suggestions would be appreciated
FireBarrage ?
Pi'li (incorrect spelling, I know)
P'li (actually you were really close and honestly everyone knew who you were talking about so no worries)
you hold shift, any fireblast, fireburst (click), fireblast (charged) would be blocked in a similar fashion of how AirShield works
So fire shield ? Also shouldn't you have to press shift like at the point of impact because P'li didn't just stood there with her hands in the air. (2-3 blocks away from the player I guess)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So fire shield ? Also shouldn't you have to press shift like at the point of impact because P'li didn't just stood there with her hands in the air. (2-3 blocks away from the player I guess)
Yes I know, but that wouldn't be easy to simulate in minecraft as particles aren't physical. If they can do that, then that is best. But if not, then my stated way is best.

Janny

Verified Member
Yes, please add. (I freaking bet one of the concept designers are going to say this will not be needed, but it is.)

paliate

Verified Member
I...I don't understand.
If your wanting more of a shield I would ask for this to be added onto fireshield.
I don't think ProjectKorra needs to make a whole new move for this one use, And I thought that fireshield already blocked fireblast? (Not a firebender)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I...I don't understand.
If your wanting more of a shield I would ask for this to be added onto fireshield.
I don't think ProjectKorra needs to make a whole new move for this one use, And I thought that fireshield already blocked fireblast? (Not a firebender)
It blocks fireblast, but not charged (from what I understand)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I...I don't understand.
This is for blocking the more powerful moves of firebending, as fireshield doesn't do a very good job of that at the moment.

I had thought of suggesting it to be part of fireshield, but I don't see how it would fit well in with fireshield, as clicking creates a sheild, and so does shifting. I decided it best to suggest it as a new move. In my opinion, adding it to fireshield would make the move to complex to use, and this also allows the server owner to limit who can use this move as P'Li was a advanced firebender. If it were added to fireshield, it would need a long permission node to limit it, instead of just an ability permission node.

paliate

Verified Member
Well theres obviously a reason for it not blocking charged ones neither, You can't be immune to everything xD

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well theres obviously a reason for it not blocking charged ones neither, You can't be immune to everything xD
Can't be immune, but you can be prepared. And the gif does prove this can block powerful fire attacks, as P'li blocked fire from a dragon, the original firebender.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
As a compromise, one could make an animation like this or something for when you detonate a charged fireblast by shooting a regular fireblast at it? That's a way to accomplish the type of "blocking" in the plugin based on what's shown in the gif, and then it would look cooler. It would be a lot of unnecessary particles though. Just trying to think of a compromise.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
As a compromise, one could make an animation like this or something for when you detonate a charged fireblast by shooting a regular fireblast at it? That's a way to accomplish the type of "blocking" in the plugin based on what's shown in the gif, and then it would look cooler. It would be a lot of unnecessary particles though. Just trying to think of a compromise.
That isn't shown in the gif at all tho...

paliate

Verified Member
I don't think its necessary to change a move just for aesthetics, Thanks for the realism though.

As for white, You should just change this thread to be an addon to fireshied (it being able to block more) Otherwise I don't really see the need for this whole new move at all.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think its necessary to change a move just for aesthetics, Thanks for the realism though.

As for white, You should just change this thread to be an addon to fireshied (it being able to block more) Otherwise I don't really see the need for this whole new move at all.
I dont see how it would be better to be an addon to fireshield. Clicking makes a shield that stays in a spot, and shifting makes a shield that follows where you look. Not much wiggle room there. The main reason I made this a suggestion for another move is that it isn't really the same as fireshield. And how the move works isn't like a fireshield either. It's more of redirecting or deflecting the fire before it reaches you, instead of blocking it when it does get to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.