• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New metal move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So I don't have a great name for this. Actually I don't have one at all, but here is the suggestion -

Name: something
Element: metal
How used: hold shift
Description: so this idea came to me when I was thinking about how Lyn used the armor she had and bent it off of her and wrapped it around pi li's head in turn making her combust herself. So I was thinking we could take this idea one step further and make it so a metalbender can hold shift > then the armor they are wearing (yes, move requires armor) would go towards where they shifted at and then if it came into contact with a player it would continue to carry them backwards depending on how many pieces of armor were sent out. Here's the configurable distances;
1 piece: 5 blocks
2 piece: 8 blocks
3 piece: 11 blocks
4 piece: 14 blocks

Thanks for reading, post suggestions!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Do you even know the plugin? You can do this with metal clips.
Do you even read posts? I said this would require you to wear armor, and you wouldn't control them like MetalClips does. It just sends them backwards which MetalClips cannot do.

owlcool

Verified Member
Yes, in a way. It would provide metalbender with an aspect it does not possess. And um, just for your sarcasm; FIREDAGGERS, SO NEEDED!!!
So, basically create a new move for something that hasn't really been seen that much before, and is somewhat implemented, and isn't very needed, where does that equate to, Iconic Bending move of a single element shown by many benders, both masters and average benders? If you actually want to push somebody back using earthbending, use shockwave. You can spam it if you want by default. It is kinda more overpowered then anything that needs iron ingots or a chestplate. This really isn't needed.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You can use MetalClips to push people backwards. With 1 clip they are pulled towards you, 2 clips they are pulled to whatever you look at. So you can push them away. This is just a shortcut to using MetalClips with skill.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So, basically create a new move for something that hasn't really been seen that much before, and is somewhat implemented, and isn't very needed, where does that equate to, Iconic Bending move of a single element shown by many benders, both masters and average benders? If you actually want to push somebody back using earthbending, use shockwave. You can spam it if you want by default. It is kinda more overpowered then anything that needs iron ingots or a chestplate. This really isn't needed.
Did you really just call a move that pushes a player back several blocks op? And you can't spam Shockwave.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
use shockwave. You can spam it if you want by default
Code:
Shockwave:
      Enabled: true
      Description: 'This is one of the most powerful moves in the earthbender''s arsenal.
        To use, you must first charge it by holding sneak (default: shift). Once charged,
        you can release sneak to create an enormous shockwave of earth, disturbing
        all earth around you and expanding radially outwards. Anything caught in the
        shockwave will be blasted back and dealt damage. If you instead click while
        charged, the disruption is focused in a cone in front of you. Lastly, if you
        fall from a great enough height with this ability selected, you will automatically
        create a shockwave.'
      ChargeTime: 2500
      FallThreshold: 10
      Damage: 5
      Knockback: 1.1
      Range: 15
Don't really see how you can spam shockwave or any move that has a cooldown for that matter (you can use it allot but technically it isn't spam)

owlcool

Verified Member
Code:
Shockwave:
      Enabled: true
      Description: 'This is one of the most powerful moves in the earthbender''s arsenal.
        To use, you must first charge it by holding sneak (default: shift). Once charged,
        you can release sneak to create an enormous shockwave of earth, disturbing
        all earth around you and expanding radially outwards. Anything caught in the
        shockwave will be blasted back and dealt damage. If you instead click while
        charged, the disruption is focused in a cone in front of you. Lastly, if you
        fall from a great enough height with this ability selected, you will automatically
        create a shockwave.'
      ChargeTime: 2500
      FallThreshold: 10
      Damage: 5
      Knockback: 1.1
      Range: 15
Don't really see how you can spam shockwave or any move that has a cooldown for that matter (you can use it allot but technically it isn't spam)
Oh, I am sorry. The politically correct term to use would be to charge and blast shockwave so much that you can't land a single hit on the earth bender, My bad.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Oh, I am sorry. The politically correct term to use would be to charge and blast shockwave so much that you can't land a single hit on the earth bender, My bad.
You would have a 2.5 second gap between every shockwave. The earthbender also has to shift to charge it up resulting in a serious drop in mobility. How hard is it to hit them ???? Learn to bend and cut the sarcasm it really isn't needed.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
Do you even know the plugin? You can do this with metal clips.
First comment was unneccessary... Stop doing that, it's just wrong.. Was "Do you even know the plugin?" Reaaally that neccessary??? No. You didn't earn ANYTHING from it what so ever.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You can use MetalClips to push people backwards. With 1 clip they are pulled towards you, 2 clips they are pulled to whatever you look at. So you can push them away. This is just a shortcut to using MetalClips with skill.
Nope, no way to do what I suggested with metal clips. You can only move them around at a certain range, with this you would be able to actually push them back.

V

Vidcom

Who the hell thought making a thread where Owlcool and WhiteKnight could argue would be a good idea? Concept denied, thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.