• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Raise earth attack combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loony

Verified Member
Hey,
I've had this idea for a while now, and I would love to see it made as I personally feel it would be useful in battle.

The move:
The move (for now, we will call it 'Earth Pillars'), would be an earth combo. Activated by shifting with shockwave and clicking with raise earth, then releasing shift (editable).

The move would raise pillar's of earth underneath nearby player's/mobs, launching them in the air.
It could either;
  • Do wall damage to player's as it pushes them up.
  • After the pillars have raised, they instantly go back down so that player's take fall damage when they land.
  • All of the above.
You would be able to edit the range of this move (only target player's in a 15 block radius, ect), and also change the maximum number of player's it can target at once.

Why it should be added:
Well, apart from the fact that just the idea of the move alone sounds amazing;
It should be added because it introduces a new style of fighting for earth bending.
The type of earth bending that I have seen to be most popular is, what I call, 'fast move bending'.
Fast move bending is simply, just spamming moves.
Earth benders usually just spam earth blast or shockwave, which doesn't require much skill.
With this move, skilled earth benders can take a new approach when fighting.
They can attack, then if there's too much heat coming on, use the combo, get some breathing room, and ultimately stand their ground a little better. The move is also useful in 2v1's, get aways and to just confuse your opponent.

Why it's balanced:
  • You can make the move editable, so that (if using wall damage) only so much wall damage taken from the move. A set radius for the move to target player's and a maximum number of player's that can be targeted.
  • This move isn't really about the damage but rather the play style. Like I said above, you can use it to confuse your target and stand your ground better.
(I know Toph used this move in the show but I'm on my phone so I can't post any Gifs, if someone could post one for me that would be highly appreciated)

Thanks for reading, I hope you like my idea!
-Loony

Loony

Verified Member
Because earthbending has very few good offensive moves that are stock. I myself only spam earthblast when my opponent gets to close, otherwise I use a multitude of moves.
Ah well, with this move, you can use it to confuse your opponent, get back, and continue attacking from afar meaning you have more skill based battles that are ultimately more enjoyable.
-Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Ah well, with this move, you can use it to confuse your opponent, get back, and continue attacking from afar meaning you have more skill based battles that are ultimately more enjoyable.
This would probably help firebenders with firejet XD, airbenders don't take fall damage unless disoriented or something like that, and this is the bank of waterbenders xD I still like the move tho, very well thought out.

Loony

Verified Member
This would probably help firebenders with firejet XD, airbenders don't take fall damage unless disoriented or something like that, and this is the bank of waterbenders xD I still like the move tho, very well thought out.
Help firebenders with firejet? Because of the boost?
I know they don't take fall damage that's why I introduced the wall damage :p
It would help a lot with camping water benders..
Thanks for the compliment :)
-Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Help firebenders with firejet? Because of the boost?
I know they don't take fall damage that's why I introduced the wall damage :p
It would help a lot with camping water benders..
Thanks for the compliment :)
-Loony
Help wasn't the right word, more like firebenders could easily avoid the fall damage with firejet. I do like the wall damage idea, but if that is included, it should be that if an earthbender has tremorsense, they shouldn't take as much wall damage. And still the bane of water benders XD waterbenders have such little escape when thrown in the air if they have no bottles.

Loony

Verified Member
Help wasn't the right word, more like firebenders could easily avoid the fall damage with firejet. I do like the wall damage idea, but if that is included, it should be that if an earthbender has tremorsense, they shouldn't take as much wall damage. And still the bane of water benders XD waterbenders have such little escape when thrown in the air if they have no bottles.
Well yeah but maybe the FireJet is cooling down or they can't do it fast enough.
I did say it isn't really about the damage but to confuse your opponent, ect.
I'm not so sure about the tremorsense though, I always thought that move was based on Toph's ability to see with the earth. So technically, it's mentally there, not physically.

Water benders usually camp in the water if they don't have bottles so I don't think that would be much of a problem. Besides, it wouldn't be that much damage and it would have a cool down.
-Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well yeah but maybe the FireJet is cooling down or they can't do it fast enough.
I did say it isn't really about the damage but to confuse your opponent, ect.
I'm not so sure about the tremorsense though, I always thought that move was based on Toph's ability to see with the earth. So technically, it's mentally there, not physically.
Yea. Damage is always needed for earth tho. And toph saw with tremorsense by sensing the vibrations in the earth kind of like how echolocation works. So you would be able to sense the earth raising under you before you actually felt it.

Loony

Verified Member
Yea. Damage is always needed for earth tho. And toph saw with tremorsense by sensing the vibrations in the earth kind of like how echolocation works. So you would be able to sense the earth raising under you before you actually felt it.
Yes but that was Toph, the greatest earth bender who ever lived!
I don't recall anyone else other than the avatar being able to do this (correct me if I'm wrong).
-Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes but that was Toph, the greatest earth bender who ever lived!
I don't recall anyone else other than the avatar being able to do this (correct me if I'm wrong).
-Loony
Aang, Toph, and Lin was the sister that did I think. That's why I said if the player has tremorsense.

Loony

Verified Member
Aang, Toph, and Lin was the sister that did I think. That's why I said if the player has tremorsense.
Still, I don't think it should be less damage for earth benders.
We don't get to x-ray iron ingots in caves because of tremorsense, lol.
-Loony

Loony

Verified Member
Lol all I was thinking it would do was turn the iron and gold ores to glowstone for a few seconds. Diamond Ore with a permission node too.
X-Rayers would just be like "uh no it's the earth move psh I'm not hacking"..
Believe me, it would happen.
-Loony

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
X-Rayers would just be like "uh no it's the earth move psh I'm not hacking"..
Believe me, it would happen.
-Loony
It wouldnt be spammable. And x ray hackers could be caught for other reasons too. Or just have hack protection stuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.