• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New Avatar State Combo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If an airbender can make something so powerful as a tornado, an airbender can make a hurricane
Actually no because a hurricane is usually about the size a a medium sized city, and starts on a coastline. If anything, this would just be a larger version of tornado.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
  1. A hurricane is a huge storm! It can be up to 600 miles across and have strong winds spiraling inward and upward at speeds of 75 to 200 mph. Each hurricane usually lasts for over a week, moving 10-20 miles per hour over the open ocean. Hurricanes gather heat and energy through contact with warm ocean waters.
Yea...Good luck with this anyways!

Janny

Verified Member
Actually no because a hurricane is usually about the size a a medium sized city, and starts on a coastline. If anything, this would just be a larger version of tornado.
The fact that airbenders can make tornadoes, earthbenders can make earthquakes, waterbenders in the avatarstate can make tsunamis with surge, and that firebenders can make flaming comets proves that benders are capable of making natural disasters which means an avatar WITH the added power of the avatarstate would result in the possibility of being able to make a hurricane.

Janny

Verified Member
A tornado isn't a hurricane, similar but not the same and btw that move that aang used against bumi is a vortex, (almost completely different) avatar yangchen used this in her avatar state(all found on the avatar wiki page)
I never said a tornado is a hurricane. And thanks! Look at how powerful Yangchen's airbending was in the avatarstate. With that air power a hurricane is easy to make.

Chickenemerald

Verified Member
The fact that airbenders can make tornadoes, earthbenders can make earthquakes, waterbenders in the avatarstate can make tsunamis with surge, and that firebenders can make flaming comets proves that benders are capable of making natural disasters which means an avatar WITH the added power of the avatarstate would result in the possibility of being able to make a hurricane.
1:firebender can't make natural disasters
2:did you listen to mine or knights post, a tornado isn't a hurricane, read on pages that tell what they are, a hurricane is almost 6 times as big as a tornado I even read the page
And ik you didn't say a tornado is a hurricane

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
  1. A hurricane is a huge storm! It can be up to 600 miles across and have strong winds spiraling inward and upward at speeds of 75 to 200 mph. Each hurricane usually lasts for over a week, moving 10-20 miles per hour over the open ocean. Hurricanes gather heat and energy through contact with warm ocean waters.
Yea...Good luck with this anyways!

Janny

Verified Member
1:firebender can't make natural disasters
2:did you listen to mine or knights post, a tornado isn't a hurricane, read on pages that tell what they are, a hurricane is almost 6 times as big as a tornado I even read the page
And ik you didn't say a tornado is a hurricane
If you knew I didn't say a tornado is a hurricane, then why are you telling me it isn't? I know it isn't!

Janny

Verified Member
Ok this thread is not about lag, its not about rather or not a bender can create natural disasters, and its not about what a hurricane is! Its about an Avatar State Combo!

Janny

Verified Member
Guys! Have you forgot this is done in the AVATAR STATE? The Avatar State gives you the power of all your past lives with the addition of Raava! That alone is powerful enough to create a hurricane! Enough said!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Guys! Have you forgot this is done in the AVATAR STATE? The Avatar State gives you the power of all your past lives with the addition of Raava! That alone is powerful enough to create a hurricane! Enough said!
Nope...not enough power

Janny

Verified Member
Ok, im not going to argue anymore on rather or not an airbender in the Avatar State is capable of creating a hurricane.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Please, rewatch the episode when Yang-Chen was in the Avatar State and airbent
I'm completely aware of what she did. She made a strong breeze go through a wheat field. I just don't think you understand the power of a hurricane.

Janny

Verified Member
I'm completely aware of what she did. She made a strong breeze go through a wheat field. I just don't think you understand the power of a hurricane.
Trust me, I do know the power of of a hurricane as I have experienced the cruelest hurricanes in history. The Avatar State is capable of making winds 14 times stronger than a hurricane.

owlcool

Verified Member
Trust me, I do know the power of of a hurricane as I have experienced the cruelest hurricanes in history. The Avatar State is capable of making winds 14 times stronger than a hurricane.
Buuuut can he create winds that extend to the range of a hurricane?

Status
Not open for further replies.