• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

2 minor changes to AirScooter so it looks like the one on the show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janny

Verified Member
Change 1: You know that sphere that forms around the heads of players when someone is using Suffocation2 on them? That model with a bit more air particles would look great for an AirScooter.
Why its not OP: Really? Oh no! Someone has an air sphere under their feet! OP Alert! OP Alert! --__--
Proof it was like this is the show (Sorry couldn't find a GIF): Whenever Aang used AirScooter, he formed a sphere of air under his feet.

Change 2: In the show, the episode where the Fire Nation used a drill to drill through the walls of Ba Sing Se, during Aang's fight with Azula ontop of the drill showed Aang using his AirScooter and he used it to climb up the Ba Sing Se walls. So if AirScooter were to be more realistic towards the show, AirScooter should be able to climb wall for a short amount of blocks. Only a short amount of blocks because when Aang climbed the wall, the AirScooter disappeared after going a certain height. The amount of blocks the AirScooter can travel along side a wall should be configurable by the Owner.
Why its not OP: It's default blocks wouldn't be to high to the point where you can climb walls faster than Spiderman.
Proof it was like this in the show (Sorry couldn't find a GIF): Like I said, "In the show, the episode where the Fire Nation used a drill to drill through the walls of Ba Sing Se, during Aang's fight with Azula ontop of the drill showed Aang using his AirScooter and he used it to climb up the Ba Sing Se walls."
How the developers can code this in: As owlcool said in a reply, "Yeah, invisible spiders climbing up a wall being directed by a player that is riding it, and with air particles beneath the player. Seems pretty easy to code to you, but it doesn't really work out that well some of the time."

Last edited:

paliate

Verified Member
I love this, I believe that airscooter has needed a rework for a long period of time, I'm not trying to OP my element or anything.
It's just that it doesn't even resemble the show's airscooter aside from being able to go faster on land.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. Not too bad, but might cause some lag.
2,I am nol entirely fond of the going up blocks idea, I mean, just use airspout or airblast if you really need to get over a wall.

paliate

Verified Member
1. Not too bad, but might cause some lag.
2,I am nol entirely fond of the going up blocks idea, I mean, just use airspout or airblast if you really need to get over a wall.
Everything causes lag, you get over it xD.
The purpose of this thread is to make airscooter more realistic, and that includes adding the wall feature, sure you can use airblast but some may have trouble with it and think this is easier. (dont know who, but there are some pretty dumb people in the world)

Sketz

Verified Member
I have suggested this, However it was a reply. Thus making it not really a thread. :p
So, I love the idea. ^-^

owlcool

Verified Member
I'm not sure how wall climbing could work, maybe using spiders ability to climb but I'm full support on this
Yeah, invisible spiders climbing up a wall being directed by a player that is riding it, and with air particles beneath the player. Seems pretty easy to code to you, but it doesn't really work out that well some of the time.

Janny

Verified Member
Yeah, invisible spiders climbing up a wall being directed by a player that is riding it, and with air particles beneath the player. Seems pretty easy to code to you, but it doesn't really work out that well some of the time.
Thanks for giving developers an idea on how to code this in! Im gonna add it into the thread but don't worry im gonna quote it because I don't like to plagiarize.

Sketz

Verified Member
If you suffocate, then that would be a bug, which developers would fix
That is an easy fix. If you think it's the effect of the move, that harms the player, you're wrong.
The effect, is what gives the move it's 'look'. They could simply fix this. It's mostly a code, in which when a player shifts onto an entity (player/mob), The damage acts in, as well as the effect. All they would have to do, is re-code it into the move, if can be. Changing the way it cast out. All they really need to do, is simply remove the line if coding, on which deals the damage. If i said that in a correct way. Where you could understand it as well.

I believe i said that correctly. Maybe in my own way, however they may understand what I'm trying to say. :)

owlcool

Verified Member
If you suffocate, then that would be a bug, which developers would fix
It wouldn't really be a bug since it is part of vanilla minecraft for skeletons to suffocate if spiders climbed upsidedown, and it would make sense for the same thing to happen to any mob that is upsidedown.

Janny

Verified Member
It wouldn't really be a bug since it is part of vanilla minecraft for skeletons to suffocate if spiders climbed upsidedown, and it would make sense for the same thing to happen to any mob that is upsidedown.
That is also a glitch for Spider Jockeys which could be fixed by Mojang but they are not going to any time soon.

Janny

Verified Member
Also another thing, Spider Jockeys have different AIs than regular players.

Status
Not open for further replies.