• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Earthbending Rework

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
1. First and formost, shockwave spam should be eliminated. It is cheap, laggy, unfair, and not cannon. If anyone disagrees with that, please show some actual evidence from the tv show, I don't even think Toph did something like that.

2. Shockwave going in all directions should have a decreased range compared to straight forward. In this way, shockwave is defensive, and isn't going to make that much of a difference, and is simply realistic.

3. Shockwave, when you generate it for a certain(configurable) amount of time then if you right click on a raiseearth wall then it will blast forward;

4. Raiseearth's size really needs to be decreased. It just looks gigantic, both width and height. Besides, I believe Chi blockers are usually able to jump over these things in the show.

5. Catapult should have a much shorter warmup time, buuuut it should be a smaller height traveled. Whenever it was shown in the show it was pretty much how far a chiblocker could jump.

6. Catapult really needs another use, maybe you could use it to make a small earthline like thing go towards someone then when it hits them it makes them go upwards. Or maybe just add collapse onto catapult.

7. Shockwave click should be a line of earth instead of a wall of earth, but it could use some increased range, and could/should knock benders up two blocks in the air after it hits them, to replicate the earth coming from the ground pushing the player up.

8. If you have a ore block in your hand and you shift on it with extraction, the ore will be moved to someplace else in your inventory or on the ground, and you will have a cobblestone from that ore too.

Last edited:

Tenket

Verified Member
If i could change one thing i would say there needs to be a way to push and pull earth around

Tenket

Verified Member
6. Catapult really needs another use, maybe you could use it to make a small earthline like thing go towards someone then when it hits them it makes them go upwards. Or maybe just add collapse onto catapult.
When you hold shift on catapult you go a much shorter distance. Also collapse as it is has multiple functions, the click is for smalltime collapsing and the shift is for ruining peoples day.

paliate

Verified Member
Denying, A bit of the main post was just ranting, Aswell as there not being enough reasoning behind changing the moves you mentioned in my opinion.
It is cheap, laggy, unfair
And I don't think that the first post gave enough aesthetic information aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.