• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Healing Waters Realism

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

No one is happy with hot dogs when they could easily have ketchup but are forced not to, how would this be different?
People were happy with lightning, but the particles were apparently something that were needed to be added.
There is a difference between greediness, and ambition. This is simply something that could be easily made much better, so it is ambition.
There is a difference between being made at the world for it being simply chaotic and could be changed to be much better, and hating good change.
So which category does this thread fall into? Is it to greedy to ask for, or is it simple ambition, that could easily be done?
glowing particles are technically impossible without shaders. so its not easily done.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Why not just use the healingwaters+ addon?

Also it's my opinion that you shouldn't be able to bend with potions of healing. Three reasons
1. They never explain what about water allows it to be used for healing aside from chi flow, so we can't be certain that brewing with it wouldn't destroy that aspect. You never see waterbenders healing with soup or some other water based compound
2. If you have a potion of healing, just give them the potion

owlcool

Verified Member
Why not just use the healingwaters+ addon?

Also it's my opinion that you shouldn't be able to bend with potions of healing. Three reasons
1. They never explain what about water allows it to be used for healing aside from chi flow, so we can't be certain that brewing with it wouldn't destroy that aspect. You never see waterbenders healing with soup or some other water based compound
2. If you have a potion of healing, just give them the potion
1. Katara did have swamp water for a long while, so that is unlikely.
2. Water's whole schict is healing. This would make potions heal more hearts.
3. It really feels like you only put two reasons instead of how you said you wanted to do three.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. Katara did have swamp water for a long while, so that is unlikely.
2. Water's whole schict is healing. This would make potions heal more hearts.
3. It really feels like you only put two reasons instead of how you said you wanted to do three.
3. I meant to put a third reason about how there is already an addon about this and adding it to the default plugin would just require time and coding
2. Do you mean schtick? And yea, people can make their own potions, if they are already brewing potions then why not just use the extra gunpowder to make it a splash potion. Also, if you recall a few weeks ago a post about you saying that water's main feature was being offensive and defensive and that if you want to be defensive, you need to be air or earth.
1. You know, because water that naturally exists on earth, and water that has been infused with magical properties via ingredients that don't exist in the avatar world are completely the same thing. The spirit oasis water is not the same thing, it's water that is infused with spiritual energy due to its proximity to the spirit portal. And cannot be mass produced by killing blazes and farming water melons.

owlcool

Verified Member
3. I meant to put a third reason about how there is already an addon about this and adding it to the default plugin would just require time and coding
2. Do you mean schtick? And yea, people can make their own potions, if they are already brewing potions then why not just use the extra gunpowder to make it a splash potion. Also, if you recall a few weeks ago a post about you saying that water's main feature was being offensive and defensive and that if you want to be defensive, you need to be air or earth.
1. You know, because water that naturally exists on earth, and water that has been infused with magical properties via ingredients that don't exist in the avatar world are completely the same thing. The spirit oasis water is not the same thing, it's water that is infused with spiritual energy due to its proximity to the spirit portal. And cannot be mass produced by killing blazes and farming water melons.
1. The point of this plugin is to reliable simulate the avatar world, yes? Then why wouldn't there be spirit water?
2. Yeah, because the equivalent of magic water with properties to heal you wouldn't be magic water with properties to heal you. Not everything in the plugin is the exact same as it is in the show, that is because this is a plugin, not a mod, and you wouldn't be able to easily add spirits or spirit water.
3. The Main point of this thread, is to, believe it or not, improve healingwaters, which seems to be quite different in the plugin then it is in the show, and can be easily changed to look a lot better.

jedk1

1. The point of this plugin is to reliable simulate the avatar world, yes? Then why wouldn't there be spirit water?
2. Yeah, because the equivalent of magic water with properties to heal you wouldn't be magic water with properties to heal you. Not everything in the plugin is the exact same as it is in the show, that is because this is a plugin, not a mod, and you wouldn't be able to easily add spirits or spirit water.
3. The Main point of this thread, is to, believe it or not, improve healingwaters, which seems to be quite different in the plugin then it is in the show, and can be easily changed to look a lot better.
both of you stop arguing. Potion bending has been suggested before many a time and im pretty sure has been denied nearlly every single time.
as i said at the start. just use my HealingWaters+ addon. it does what you want minus the glowyness.

owlcool

Verified Member
both of you stop arguing. Potion bending has been suggested before many a time and im pretty sure has been denied nearlly every single time.

as i said at the start. just use my HealingWaters+ addon. it does what you want minus the glowyness.
The glowyness is the best part...

jedk1

The glowyness is the best part...
glowyness is impossible without shaders. ive told you this.
Particles.
Dont.
Emit.
Light.
(In minecraft* before you go saying anything. I'm watching you >.>)
HealingWaters+ has some pretty particles anyway.

HydroMan

Verified Member
what if instead of water ,the body would glow ,as it was shown by katara when her hands started to glow in water once her ability manifested

owlcool

Verified Member
glowyness is impossible without shaders. ive told you this.
Particles.
Dont.
Emit.
Light.
(In minecraft* before you go saying anything. I'm watching you >.>)
HealingWaters+ has some pretty particles anyway.
Particles, The same, Color, as water, but, look like, they are glowing, like maybe a light blue, or a light yellow, Redstone particles...

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
1. There can be, but it would most likely be part of the ProjectKorra items plugin, and not a vanilla item that can be mass produced
2. It kind of does. Half of the things in suggestions get denied because of being non-canon. The other half is because of impossibility of being added. The Healingwaters addon actually adds raindrop particles when using bottle healing.
3. Okay

jedk1

Particles, The same, Color, as water, but, look like, they are glowing, like maybe a light blue, or a light yellow, Redstone particles...
Okay im going to explain how lighting and what you assume "glowing" particles are in mc.
The brightness of a particle in MC is totally based on the light levels around it. As glowstone and redstone ore "glows", it makes the particles look as if they are lit up. Now, if you remove the lighting, and just have the particles appear, they arent the prettiest. Now, you could have "item break" particles appear which are "full brightness" however even when it comes to that, the particles arent the prettiest. Trust me, ive spent ages on other moves experimenting with these things.

owlcool

Verified Member
Okay im going to explain how lighting and what you assume "glowing" particles are in mc.
The brightness of a particle in MC is totally based on the light levels around it. As glowstone and redstone ore "glows", it makes the particles look as if they are lit up. Now, if you remove the lighting, and just have the particles appear, they arent the prettiest. Now, you could have "item break" particles appear which are "full brightness" however even when it comes to that, the particles arent the prettiest. Trust me, ive spent ages on other moves experimenting with these things.

For example, when healing yourself you could get the lower half of your body turned into glowstone, wouldn't that be a good representation? Might it not be? We honestly need something. When healing another person, the same thing could happen!!! Isn't that cool? It would cast plenty of light, maybe we could make it so that we are carrying something, such as having a glowstone in your hand. You gotta get some creativity, maaaaan.

Jk, jk, don't do marijuana kidos.

paliate

Verified Member
I've personally always wanted Redstone particles that are tinted blue to go around the player's hand and if they shift they heal themselves, and if they click at someone and then shift at them it heals them until they unshift.

I'd make my own post for it but there are so many suggestions about it that i can't be bothered.

Status
Not open for further replies.