• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed No knockback to Forge Clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
  • Which plugin you are using: PK Core
  • Which version of the plugin you are using (Can be found with /bending version): 1.6.0 Beta 12
  • Where the bug exists (Is it in an ability, a command, etc) Forge users and knockback
  • A detailed description of the bug you found. Players using the Forge Client(Tested with builds 1281 and later) do not get any knockback from air moves. Moreover airblast can't be used to launch yourself up.
  • What should be happening instead: Forge clients shouldn't get any special treatment. Knockback should work no matter what client you use.
People could potentially abuse this in pvp arenas.
Running Spigot 1.8

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
Is it one of your mods? Or a custom move messing it up? Please do /bbending debug and post the contents in here.

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, I have fought in bending arena's on forge clients many times, and still taken the general amount of knockback I would on clients that aren't forge. I don't even think this would actually be possible honestly, even if someone used hacks. Someone is most likely using glitches server side.

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
Actually I tested this myself. I wasn't using any hacks/mods. This could be a serious problem if people abused it in servers. The way I understand this is that forge has different methods to move the player so either spigot or PK(or both) do not synchronize very well.

owlcool

Verified Member
I have pvped using the pixelmon mod, still received the regular amount of knockback. I have played using rei's minimap and optifine, still same amount of knockback. I have played with 1.8 optifine, still same amount of knockback. This doesn't even sound possible. It is most likely server side. I see it all the less likely you aren't using hacks when your name is "Chaotic Hack3r."

EndersShadows

Verified Member
It honestly sounds like an installed mod, or a server side bug/glitch. I too play with 5 mods installed, two of which are disabled because too lazy to remove. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary.

paliate

Verified Member
You don't seem to want to listen Chaotic :l

You stated that forge uses a different method or something, which means it's their problem, i don't think this is really a PK problem at all ._____________.

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
Yeah but PK could modify their code to include that. Compatibility between forge and PK isn't so important, but that knock-back immunity could be abused in servers and break pvping.

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah but PK could modify their code to include that. Compatibility between forge and PK isn't so important, but that knock-back immunity could be abused in servers and break pvping.
You don't seem to be listening to anyone Chaotic. I play only on forge. I take normal knockback. Have you tested it on more then one server?
Is it one of your mods? Or a custom move messing it up? Please do /bbending debug and post the contents in here.
You really should do that command if you want to make yourself useful chaotic.

Joeri

Verified Member
Uhm even though this is closed vaggos, I always played with optifine and forge and still took knockback ;)

-Joe Joe

Chaotic Hack3r

Verified Member
I found the source of the problem... I had tested it in 2 identical servers so I never found out what was wrong until now. Not Pk's fault so feel free to delete this post as its not really a bug(nor a mod if anyone asks.)

Status
Not open for further replies.