• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Airbenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So in the show, air benders didn't just not get hurt from falling, they had to do a little move to blast themselves up a little. So what I suggest is that when air benders fall (and not disoriented) some air particles form under them, and they bounce a little before hitting the ground. Simple.

paliate

Verified Member
i feel like this is not needed and when you say bounce in my mind its wasting time, what if your being chased and you airblast away and then you stop when you reach your location for this lil' bounce your talking about.

air is about speeeeeeeeeeeeeed, i dont want to wait for a stupid bounce everytime i fall / airblast.
(assuming the bounce would take a second or two)
i could get killed in that time if i am low and decide to airblast.

maybe im just rambling.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Well the more skilled airbenders slowed their decent by safely gliding the last few meters till they reached the ground. Wouldn't this cause issues with airburst ? it would be annoying at least. If this were to be implemented it should be configurable and personally I think it should be an RPG feature.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Name one air bender that didn't use air bending to stop from hitting the ground.

paliate

Verified Member
You didn't answer the questions, I think that your so hard headed on this getting to core that your not looking to fully think it through.
2 people including myself, Both asked fairly needed questions that you blatantly ignored.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
No.
Airbenders are already nimble and can land without bending if they so choose.
They can increase the air resistance around them at the last second so they take no fall damage.

or they can be a bit more obvious and shoot an airblast at the floor (which rarely happens in the show)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i feel like this is not needed and when you say bounce in my mind its wasting time, what if your being chased and you airblast away and then you stop when you reach your location for this lil' bounce your talking about.
In the situation you have given, I don't think having a little bounce would matter much. You would have air blasted far away and not anyone to kill you.
Wouldn't this cause issues with airburst ?
such as?

paliate

Verified Member
So you admit that the bounce would cause a problem with the airblasting?
And he means when you airblast you'd fall, and say you are in the airburst slot and your trying to airburst everyone away, but you'd be slowed down at the end with the bounce.

and what if i just airblasted up to get away from them in a panic? i'd be forced to bounce which would take enough time for them to kill me, by the time the bounce is over and i want to airblast away again properly in a non panic i'd already be dead.

I don't think this is a good idea what so ever, I also would like to state that there would be multiple problems with this as stated above.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Apart from the bounce this would be a pretty nice touch to me. It's similar to the earthbenders' passive effect - it's quite aesthetically pleasing when imagining it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So you admit that the bounce would cause a problem with the airblasting?
And he means when you airblast you'd fall, and say you are in the airburst slot and your trying to airburst everyone away, but you'd be slowed down at the end with the bounce.

and what if i just airblasted up to get away from them in a panic? i'd be forced to bounce which would take enough time for them to kill me, by the time the bounce is over and i want to airblast away again properly in a non panic i'd already be dead.

I don't think this is a good idea what so ever, I also would like to state that there would be multiple problems with this as stated above.
Ok well then to answer the first problem - airburst would override the passive effect and that would act as the slowing down without a bounce. The bounce would be like half a block and on the ground initially. I doubt that people would be able to kill you if you are prepared and don't fail.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
Lel, big bump. I wanna pitch my thoughts in.

I hart this idea. Would shed some light on how airbenders avoid fall damage in-game. Instead of some noobs thinking "Oh they just have extremely tough legs" you can remove any doubt and display some air particles as they are falling. The bounce doesn't seem necessary, you can already do a "bounce" by holding down the space bar before hitting the ground.

Picturing this move makes me feel all giddy inside. Would look so awesome in the arena.

owlcool

Verified Member
Maybe instead of a move, the airbender bounces automatically when falling from a damaging height.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Name one air bender that didn't use air bending to stop from hitting the ground.
There isn't, because they all do. Whether or not the air is invisible or shown, this is the only way a Airbender can fall without taking damage. Right now it is an invisible passive which in my opinion, is super boring. And yes we have seen someone (Roku) use invisible airbending. So my point is, instead of a bounce, why not just a couple particles right before you fall. But when the particles appear you slow down for a split second (literally right before you hit the ground) while falling, without the bounce.

So yes, I support this passive without the bounce part. :)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
There isn't, because they all do. Whether or not the air is invisible or shown, this is the only way a Airbender can fall without taking damage. Right now it is an invisible passive which in my opinion, is super boring. And yes we have seen someone (Roku) use invisible airbending. So my point is, instead of a bounce, why not just a couple particles right before you fall. But when the particles appear you slow down for a split second (literally right before you hit the ground) while falling, without the bounce.

So yes, I support this passive without the bounce part. :)
The bounce part wasn't meant to really be a bounce, just like stopping yourself before you hit the ground and slowing your fall. Sorry if the bounce was misleading to anyone on this thread. Guess bounce wasn't the right word.

Moonelight

Verified Member
The bounce part wasn't meant to really be a bounce, just like stopping yourself before you hit the ground and slowing your fall. Sorry if the bounce was misleading to anyone on this thread. Guess bounce wasn't the right word.
I got the idea you were trying to put into words. No harm done, it was a reasonable idea.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Ok. I was about to say gliding would had been the best option when falling from great height and reaching the last air block on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.