• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Earthbending Adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuzzy

Since the incorporation of all the Sub-Elements into ProjectKorra, I have been thinking more about updates we can add to separate the original elements from the Sub-Elements. Metalbending currently has one move and Lavabending is being developed now, so one of my suggestions is to give them more blocks to actually bend. The difference between Earthbending and Metalbending is the manipulation of metal and the difference between Earthbending and Lavabending is the manipulation of lava. With that being said, why not allow users with these Sub-Elements bend certain blocks based upon their Sub-Element. For instance, allow Metalbenders to be able to manipulate Iron Blocks? The moves for earth would still be the same, but if a user had a Sub-Element of MetalBending they would be able to EarthBlast Iron blocks (If the user had lavabending, they would be able to EarthBlast lava).

If the plugin was coded this way, it would save the use of adding more ability to one element and users would not have to have 3 different binds to do the exact same thing (Earthblast, Metalblast, Lavamanipulation). Plus, the original earth moves (most of them) would be able to work with these new blocks, so It would save all of the developers time of re-creating moves just to add additional blocks.

KoshiKross

good idea! i was thinking that when earth bender are in the nether they can lava bend the netherack faster and a larger amount of lava because netherack is like a rock between lava and a normal rock.

I am not clear as to what you mean, as in metal benders earth blast changes into an iron block, and lava benders earth blast is a lava block? If so I am not too satisfied with the idea because Lin BeiFong bended both metal and earth, and most of the time shot earth blasts. Ghazan also shot earth blasts even though he was a lava bender, This idea seems nice but I think it would look weird if a metal bender pulled an iron block out of dirt, xP
If I am interpreting your idea wrong please comment! It seems like a good idea with a rough sketch.
~Apple<3

AlexTheCoder

Staff member
Plugin Developer
I believe he means that metalbenders can use metal blocks as a source, and lavabenders can use lava as a source. The same way earthblast's block changes depending on what you use as a source.

Fuzzy

I believe he means that metalbenders can use metal blocks as a source, and lavabenders can use lava as a source. The same way earthblast's block changes depending on what you use as a source.
This is exactly what I meant, thank you for the clarification.

Immallama

This is exactly what I meant, thank you for the clarification.
I don't agree with that completely. I think lavabending should just be a toggle. The moves would be basically the same, but with lava instead of earth. (You would still select earth blocks as a source) Some moves would have to be changed a bit but you get the point.

Then maybe when you select it, it turns into gravel as if the rocks are beginning to melt then when you launch the ability it'd turn into lava for a split second and then the ability would execute.

Gahshunk

The thing is, you can add the earthbendable blocks in the config, and generally having a move to manipulate iron blocks only serves to grief considering iron blocks don't typically lay around anywhere.

i have a question. how do you metal bend? do i need to donate or do some servers have it off?
The owners of bending servers can keep it unused, require donations, require a certain power level, etc.
It depends completely on the server and this forum doesn't keep track of which server does what.

Status
Not open for further replies.