• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied MetalSword

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Metalbending
Use: This would create a sharpness 1 iron sword, that uses 3 iron ingots. This could be a move by itself. This has no cooldown, but it can not be dropped and will only last a minute.
Cannon: In a youtube video of Kuvira vs Suyin this. I really hope this was not cut off and is a actual link to the video.

EndersShadows

Verified Member
I like it, it seems a little strong for just three iron ingots. However I can't think of anything that might work better than ingots.

owlcool

Verified Member
I like it, it seems a little strong for just three iron ingots. However I can't think of anything that might work better than ingots.
3 iron ingots? How about using a stick instead of a iron ingot for a less then permanent sword just because it is sharpness 1? I understand that is basically the strength of a diamond sword, but that is still a common if not weak enchantment.
seems cool, but fairly op
Yes, FAIRLY op. Takes up more iron ingots for a average temporary sword.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Seeing as you don't get the ingots back, I don't see why not to have this move, Iron is a pretty common ore thinking about it, so you lose 3 ingots, knowing a metal bender they are likely to be carrying a stack anyway, and you lose metal fast if you are not so great at landing metalclips or you get blocked by a skilled bender.

So yeah as much as it's a common ore, metal still depletes fast, you'll only get 21 swords out of a stack, might sound like a lot but you gotta remember you use at least 3 ingots for clips too and sometimes if you don't kill someone with clips then you can lose the ingots to the foe because they will pick them up.

Kiam

Verified Member
This would work well as an addon. Metalbending in the core of the plugin seems to be pretty strong as it is.

Kiam

Verified Member
Extraction and Metalclips isn't exactly a wide variety though is it?
I realize that metalbending is a very developed sub-element in the show, however we cant develop it THAT much in the plugin. All earthbending currently works with metal blocks, and there are metalbending addons that make the whole "metalbending" experience worthwhile. We do not need to add on more abilities that are only seen once or twice in the show. In this case, this ability was used for about 10 seconds (if that) and If we were to put in more metalbending moves, we would probably choose to do something that has more versatility.

DanStryder

Verified Member
MetalHooks were used more than a lot in the entire series of LOK, the fact that the current hookshot for earth benders and chi is pretty bad in my opinion, I'm sorry if that offends anyone but I've seen some really good hookshot plugins that don't use the the fishing rod machanic, look up LamaGrapple and Attack On Titan plugins, both have a great way of creating hookshots/grapples.

Whilst I'm on the subject of the current grapples in pk, how is it even canon that a earth bender who can't bend metal, can use this? Actually same for chi, where do both of them use this in LOK? At the very least can this not be made so only metal benders can use it, even if it's not that great.

Rant Over.

Status
Not open for further replies.