• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Torrent Redirection (Just read please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhoenixForce9

Verified Member
Yeah, yeah I know there are multiple "Torrent Redirecting" posts but here is just an explanation of why this move should really be implemented... As we all know.. "There is really no need to redirect torrent" But in fact we do need this skill implemented... Firstly all of us just use "Surge Ice form" to block the hurtling water from hitting you, yes it blocks the water from hitting you.. But they can click and turn it into ice, and the ice just goes through the "Surge Ice Form" and we still end up getting trapped in the ice prison.. But if we were to implement this skill in the game! It could help show people who is more skilled. But also it can help very defensively.. If you implement this skill then the torrent let's say about 5 blocks infront of you will immediately swirl change its direction from going at you to beside you just a little, then the water will swirl around you (Showing that you have successfully did it) then the water would "drip" due to its abrupt change in direction causing the damage you have thrown at the new torrent weaker. I think that we should also be able to redirect the torrent when ever we want because, we all know torrent it popular and a fast move to create, so I think we should be able to redirect this multiple times (Like I mean when the first torrent is finished) (Like we cant redirect the first torrent that we were redirecting first.. that would be hell) (I mean once we redirected the weaker version of it, it can no longer be redirected.. meaning we have to make a new torrent and redirect it) This would be fabulous if you could implement this.. I mean it is a day after Christmas.. If you will add this skill in It would be a Christmas miracle!

David

Verified Member
Should have just put this in the other thread.

But, I am against torrent being made redirectable, in this form atleast.

I think there should be absolutely no limit to how long you can redirect a torrent back at each other. I think the constant torrent redirecting would be epic and intense.

Also, the Ice isn't a problem at all if they freeze you. Most of the time it doesn't even hit you, and if it does it didn't hit you well enough to immobilize you, you can simply just walk out of the Ice block. But if it does immobilize you, you could really just melt the ice...

And I don't think this would help reveal the skilled waterbenders at all, it would just make blocking torrent a lot easier. Also, skilled waterbenders can sneak the torrent behind your ice shield and hit you from the side, and when that hits perfectly it's the most amazing feeling ever.

The only way I'd like torrent redirection to be implemented, if it were an extremely long and difficult Water Combo that requires perfect timing and precision. In fact, I'd rather it not be a complete redirect. I think it should be like this:

And when the Torrent Splashes back, I think it should be either a bunch of water particles similar to the cone version of Fire/Air Burst that cause like really small damage - like just one heart - or it should just redirect into a normal surge.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member

I think there should be absolutely no limit to how long you can redirect a torrent back at each other. I think the constant torrent redirecting would be epic and intense.

Also, the Ice isn't a problem at all if they freeze you. Most of the time it doesn't even hit you, and if it does it didn't hit you well enough to immobilize you, you can simply just walk out of the Ice block. But if it does immobilize you, you could really just melt the ice...

And I don't think this would help reveal the skilled waterbenders at all, it would just make blocking torrent a lot easier. Also, skilled waterbenders can sneak the torrent behind your ice shield and hit you from the side, and when that hits perfectly it's the most amazing feeling ever.

The only way I'd like torrent redirection to be implemented, if it were an extremely long and difficult Water Combo that requires perfect timing and precision. In fact, I'd rather it not be a complete redirect. I think it should be like this:

And when the Torrent Splashes back, I think it should be either a bunch of water particles similar to the cone version of Fire/Air Burst that cause like really small damage - like just one heart - or it should just redirect into a normal surge.
I noticed the pictures that you have in your post, and I don't know if this is what you were suggesting, but they could also add an aspect of completely stopping torrent only after it has been redirected at you. This would have to be timed perfectly by left clicking with your torrent slot activated when the torrent is like three or less blocks away from you. This could prevent the torrent from being redirected over and over again, and really shine a light on the talented water benders out there

David

Verified Member
I noticed the pictures that you have in your post, and I don't know if this is what you were suggesting, but they could also add an aspect of completely stopping torrent only after it has been redirected at you. This would have to be timed perfectly by left clicking with your torrent slot activated when the torrent is like three or less blocks away from you. This could prevent the torrent from being redirected over and over again, and really shine a light on the talented water benders out there
That's not what I intended. It shouldn't be so easy with a simple timed left click, it should be a long combo that is extremely hard to use.

It takes hardly any skill to just left click...

I'm also rooting for, if any form of redirection, Torrent Redirection battles where the torrent goes back and forth constantly. I could see it being used in RP too, like in that episode of Avatar where they had a waterbending performance, Master Paku and his disciples gave off an incredibly display of waterbending for the entertainment of the Water Tribe citizens.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member

It's great, but that is not "redirecting" torrent,that's just stopping it. Redirecting means your deflecting someone's attack's against themself. What me and Phoenix said was that when you redirect torrent it will be weaker beacuse of some of the water dripping off when it was being redirected. And everyone is saying that you can just go over and over with the redirection, but common sense, one of the benders gonna give up and just use water manipulation. XD Also think about it, Water is the element of change, using someone's force against themself, and this would just clear thing up of what water really is because water is not like fire, air, or earth.

David

Verified Member
It's great, but that is not "redirecting" torrent,that's just stopping it. Redirecting means your deflecting someone's attack's against themself. What me and Phoenix said was that when you redirect torrent it will be weaker beacuse of some of the water dripping off when it was being redirected. And everyone is saying that you can just go over and over with the redirection, but common sense, one of the benders gonna give up and just use water manipulation. XD Also think about it, Water is the element of change, using someone's force against themself, and this would just clear thing up of what water really is because water is not like fire, air, or earth.
I'm very much aware of what I posted.

I'm against torrent redirection, that's why I brought up the idea of stopping it, and possibly forming it into a new move. THAT there is using the "change" abilities of water to its fullest, not sending back the same darn thing.

Kiam

Verified Member
Like said in this thread already, this is just another torrent redirect, which has already been denied time after time.

Status
Not open for further replies.