• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Heat Control Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faecous

Verified Member
As of right now fire benders can cool lava, extinguish fire, become invulnerable to fire DMG and melt ice using Heat Control. One of these abilities are a little bit weird.

This ability can cool lava from a great distance with just a click. It happens instantaneously, cooling lava faster then any lava bender would be able to. It would be logical that fire benders should be worse at cooling lava then lava benders. But right now, fire benders just cool everything lava benders throw at them, they even cool lava throw mid air, turning it into cobblestone. This is OP in my opinion. Lava benders should be the ones who can control the attributes of lava the best. Right?

My suggestion is that fire benders ability to cool lava would be slowed substantially, enough that is is slower then lava benders ability to do the same.

Kwesi

Verified Member
So would you be happy with the idea of firebenders being able to left-click at fire and instantly extinguish it but to hold shift and left-click at lava to have smoke particles emit over a period of about 5 seconds before it cools?

David

Verified Member
I honestly do find it more logical that fire benders be able to cool lava before a lava bender could. Earthbenders don't bend the temperature itself, they bend the rock. While fire benders bend the temperature specifically, so I think it should be easier for them to do this.

Also, lava throw is an add-on ability so it doesn't really count.

So would you be happy with the idea of firebenders being able to left-click at fire and instantly extinguish it but to hold shift and left-click at lava to have smoke particles emit over a period of about 5 seconds before it cools?
In the show, Fire Lord Sozin cools lava almost instantaneous, so I think 5 seconds is a bit too long.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I honestly do find it more logical that fire benders be able to cool lava before a lava bender could. Earthbenders don't bend the temperature itself, they bend the rock. While fire benders bend the temperature specifically, so I think it should be easier for them to do this.

In the show, Fire Lord Sozin cools lava almost instantaneous, so I think 5 seconds is a bit too long.
Sozia was stronger than normal fire benders tho...

Kwesi

Verified Member

How about a couple of seconds default and just make the cooling time configurable?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If we go by that logic then, lava bending shouldn't be a thing, because only 2 in the world have ever been able to do it, same with blood, lightning, and flying(another idea for an air move on the forums)
I never said that >.> I mean, looking at what Sozin did, isn't a fair thing. He was much stronger than other fire benders

DanStryder

Verified Member
Sozin was a stupidly strong fire bender, we are on about regular fire benders, an average Joe can change the state of EARTH quicker than an EARTH bender.

Lava benders CAN cool lava with LavaFlow, but I agree with Faecous, Fire benders can do it quicker, yet it's earth that's being bent here. Lava benders only change the state of the earth, seeing as it reverts back to earth, not freaking obsidian!

Just to go back onto the Sozin comment, even the great Sozin could cool the lava in under a second, where as Average Joe can cool a mass amount of lava, at a great distance, in probably 1 tick... I think Kwesi's idea of shifting and having it slower than a lava bender should be adequate. For those whinging about lava benders can't do it that quick, look at Bolin's Lava bending during the last book and even in the third book when he discovers he has the ability to lava bend.

David

Verified Member
Sozin was a stupidly strong fire bender, we are on about regular fire benders, an average Joe can change the state of EARTH quicker than an EARTH bender.

Lava benders CAN cool lava with LavaFlow, but I agree with Faecous, Fire benders can do it quicker, yet it's earth that's being bent here. Lava benders only change the state of the earth, seeing as it reverts back to earth, not freaking obsidian!

Just to go back onto the Sozin comment, even the great Sozin could cool the lava in under a second, where as Average Joe can cool a mass amount of lava, at a great distance, in probably 1 tick... I think Kwesi's idea of shifting and having it slower than a lava bender should be adequate. For those whinging about lava benders can't do it that quick, look at Bolin's Lava bending during the last book and even in the third book when he discovers he has the ability to lava bend.
I never said that >.> I mean, looking at what Sozin did, isn't a fair thing. He was much stronger than other fire benders
I disagree entirely with this "Sozin" talk. This is basically what you're saying, I'm going to rearrange the situation.

"Aang is an excellent airbender, he's incredibly above average so he can create a large tornado and move it forward. An average airbender couldn't do this! Twister shouldn't be a move since only incredibly strong airbenders can use it!"

DanStryder

Verified Member
In all fairness, this suggestion is about a bit of realism from the show, Bolin is able to revert his lava quicker than Sozin cooling lava with fire bending, which is what Faecous is trying to get, air bending is nothing to do with this, PK has added twister because it's in t show, if you think an average Joe shouldn't have twister go on a ranked bending server, it's an air combo, it's naturally a complex move to do so it's balanced.

*EDIT* plus you're complaining about a complex move (twister before you say I'm talking about heatcontrol being complex), Heatcontrol towards lava should be more complex if we are looking at the logic from the show which this plugin is based on.

David

Verified Member
In all fairness, this suggestion is about a bit of realism from the show, Bolin is able to revert his lava quicker than Sozin cooling lava with fire bending, which is what Faecous is trying to get, air bending is nothing to do with this, PK has added twister because it's in t show, if you think an average Joe shouldn't have twister go on a ranked bending server, it's an air combo, it's naturally a complex move to do so it's balanced.

*EDIT* plus you're complaining about a complex move (twister before you say I'm talking about heatcontrol being complex), Heatcontrol towards lava should be more complex if we are looking at the logic from the show which this plugin is based on.
I am not complaining about twister, in fact I love twister, it's one of my favorite moves; it was just an example. Orion created heat control because it's in the show. Orion made it that way and PK has kept it that way because Fire Lord Sozin can do it almost instantly. In my opinion, Heat Control is as good as it could be considering the transition from the avatar world to the minecraft world.

DanStryder

Verified Member
Orion created most of the core moves but to be fair, Mist and his team have changed and added moves from the original plugin so I believe that the original moves can still be changed. Orion was very strict with what got added to minecraft:tla, best example is metal bending, he was adamant that it wouldn't be added. PK are a lot more flexible, it's more "can it be done in MC and was it in the show" this suggestion fits both of these, seeing as Sozin still took a lot longer to cool lava than Bolin and Ghazan do to revert lava

Faecous

Verified Member
I am not complaining about twister, in fact I love twister, it's one of my favorite moves; it was just an example. Orion created heat control because it's in the show. Orion made it that way and PK has kept it that way because Fire Lord Sozin can do it almost instantly. In my opinion, Heat Control is as good as it could be considering the transition from the avatar world to the minecraft world.
No, sozin cannot do it almost instantly. Bolin does it like 10 times faster.

David

Verified Member
No, sozin cannot do it almost instantly. Bolin does it like 10 times faster.
He does do it almost instantly. You have to consider that Sozin is bending an entire volcano while Bolin is bending a small flow of lava.

DanStryder

Verified Member
That still doesn't make him do any quicker, Get any clip of sozin doing it and you will see bolin is faster

David

Verified Member
That still doesn't make him do any quicker, Get any clip of sozin doing it and you will see bolin is faster
Yes, it would, actually. For example, it would take Katara a lot less time to bend a single Water Manipulation, then bend a gigantic Tidal Wave.

Faecous

Verified Member
Yes, it would, actually. For example, it would take Katara a lot less time to bend a single Water Manipulation, then bend a gigantic Tidal Wave.
We still stand on a more safe ground when we say that "bolin would cool lava faster than any fire bender" than you the opposite.

David

Verified Member
We still stand on a more safe ground when we say that "bolin would cool lava faster than any fire bender" than you the opposite.
Really? Weird. Wonder why this has been suggested many many times yet never has gone through.

Status
Not open for further replies.