• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied MetalPlates

owlcool

Verified Member
Element: Metalbending
Name: MetalPlates
Use: This could be a combo with Metalclips and earthblast shifting with metalclips 3 times and then shifting with earthblast once on a iron block or otherwise metalbendable block. This would make a surge like effect made out of iron blocks, and would have a slight spin on it.
Source:

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
This could also have a shield version that wraps a shield around said metalbender, and to wrap around opponent.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Just in case there is some confusion, metalplates is NOT a metalclips copy. Not even close. This is metalbending, and so is metalclips, right? Well in the case, metalclips is a copy of metalthrow, but meh. Anyways, this is taking a source from iron blocks that exist in the ground. It then summons a wall about the size of a surge wall, to move towards the direction shot. If it hits a entity it does knockback and damage. This is somewhat like how the old lavasurge was.

DanStryder

Verified Member
So this is pretty much raiseearth that turns into a shockwave but made out of metal? That sounds sick! (Sick is slang, similar to sweet or awesome but a lot more positive, before all you people who don't know)

DanStryder

Verified Member
:O oh dayum... that's an even better way of looking at it... Either way this would be such a sweet move to use! or even see get used. Maybe it could be a combo though?

Kwesi

Verified Member
I understand the inspiration behind the ability, but this would most likely cause a phenomenon described in three words: death by lag. Its size and movements described are way too excessive to be convenient. A large body of solid, metal blocks moving at great speed and including extra rotative movement is something scary to envision (cool, but scary).

The ability would be quite iconic for metalbending and it's an exciting concept, but it's just too much. I really don't know how well it would go. :/

DanStryder

Verified Member
I'd personally love to see this move implemented (Sorry Asura :p), as you said it would be a signature move of metal benders, also freaking scary! Metal bending is scary as it is when you think about it.

owlcool

Verified Member
I personally thought of it being like a surge wall size. Can't be too huge. And @shony1 I have not coded these moves, this is a suggestion for someone to code it. Although I may code it, learning more about java every day.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I'd personally love to see this move implemented (Sorry Asura :p), as you said it would be a signature move of metal benders, also freaking scary! Metal bending is scary as it is when you think about it.
I understand why this ability would be favoured, I mean, it's pretty darn cool, and I would favour it myself (with a little more detail on how it'll affect entities and not just its visual description), but it all seems rather overwhelming.

A way I can agree to this is if the ability is slightly smaller in size (maybe 3x3/3x4?) to avoid anything excessive. While the concept of this ability is great I am considering the strain it would have on a server. If it has a large surface area like Surge and it rotates then it could very well lag out a lot of players and the server quite easily. Surge moves forward at a constant angle in the same position as liquid blocks. This ability would be solid blocks moving forward and rotating, which is worrying to me. Also, the idea of rotation may be visually gratifying, but it would realistically lower the success rate of its actually hitting the target.

This ability would look amazing, but from my perspective it has more cons than pros (Sorry Dan. :p). I liked the suggestion though. Metalbending should be expanded a bit, possessing abilities than can differ in behaviour from earthbending ones to provide a bit of diversity, and this does just that. I would be all for it if it didn't seem like so much trouble to me to have it implemented.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Does the metal come from ingots? If so then using 3 metalclips as a surge sized ability is not very logical.

owlcool

Verified Member
Does the metal come from ingots? If so then using 3 metalclips as a surge sized ability is not very logical.
The metal comes from a metal block. We don't have half metal slabs, so the closest we are going to get too it is making it have a source from a iron block in a combo like icebullet and have it be the surge sized ability. I would think it is actually quite logical.

owlcool

Verified Member
I am thinking 2 to 5 hearts on this. I mean, it does take a source from a iron block, AND it is a combo.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The metal comes from a metal block. We don't have half metal slabs, so the closest we are going to get too it is making it have a source from a iron block in a combo like icebullet and have it be the surge sized ability. I would think it is actually quite logical.
Ok. It was never mentioned were the metal came from though.

DanStryder

Verified Member
No Asura don't do dis man! I think with how OwlCool is putting it, it should be added, have it so it has a limit to the distance it travels similar to shockwave and have it deal a fair bit of damage, i mean a load of dirt hitting you compared to a sheet of metal is a big difference.

Metal bending seriously needs more moves! There is so much that could be added via Metal!

Kwesi

Verified Member
No Asura don't do dis man! I think with how OwlCool is putting it, it should be added, have it so it has a limit to the distance it travels similar to shockwave and have it deal a fair bit of damage, i mean a load of dirt hitting you compared to a sheet of metal is a big difference.

Metal bending seriously needs more moves! There is so much that could be added via Metal!
I understand that. I want metalbending to be expanded as well. This ability seem really cool, but I still worry. If it can be made in a way that doesn't strain then I'll support it.

owlcool

Verified Member

Basically the limit to surge would be fine, maybe this could have a redirection ability with something. Do you think this should be a move of it's own?

Kiam

Verified Member
This move seems really implausible. When do you have a layer of metal that thick to shoot at someone? Metal blocks can be used for shockwave, and I think that does the same thing as what you want this move to do.