• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Glass Bending

Should Glass Bending be added?

• Yes, it would be a nice addition to earthbending!

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Yes, but maybe a different version?

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • No, Earth already has a whole lot of moves.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Nope

Votes: 8 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

oXSoulX

Verified Member
It would look something like this...

Then when the lava is cooled, you can use it \ (•◡•) /
upload_2014-10-12_16-31-55.jpeg

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
My thoughts (if you care)

1. I understand the reasoning of the move. But I think in order for a move such as this to be added in the plugin, it would need to be displayed in the show to understand the logistics of it.

2. The move is a little OP

3. Avatar The Last Airbender and The Legend Of Korra are Western Anime. They are western cartoons, drawn to resemble anime and are heavily influenced by east Asian culture.

oXSoulX

Verified Member
Its just a suggestion, not really waiting to see if this move will be created anytime soon.
Plus it may be denied due to the fact that it is "OP"
But I tried \ (•◡•) /

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
If Adventure Time were asian themed, would it be an anime? Is Samurai Jack an anime?
No. Samurai jack has a Japanese character. That's about it. Avatar is based off east Asia in animation style, world development, and bending is based on four martial arts. All of that allows it to be called western anime.

Kwesi

Verified Member
No. Samurai jack has a Japanese character. That's about it. Avatar is based off east Asia in animation style, world development, and bending is based on four martial arts. All of that allows it to be called western anime.
Is it Japanese? Something is defined as anime if it is Japanese. Other than that it's not an anime it just has an Eastern style and features.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Is it Japanese? Something is defined as anime if it is Japanese. Other than that it's not an anime it just has an Eastern style and features.
Technically Anime just means animated. Anime most commonly refers to things animated in Japan. Western anime is anime that's made in the west but resembles anime to the point that people believe it is anime until they are told otherwise. I don't get why people are complaining that it's animated so well.

Kwesi

Verified Member
All this could just be seem as subjective at this point. "Anime" is just the shortened form of animēshon, which is a Japanese word, but is essentially derived from a foreign word. Some people refer to all forms of animations as anime, especially people from Japan. However, other people, especially Westerners, only refer to Japanese animations as anime. The definition is so flexible that this debate cannot reach a conclusion. Personally, I feel comfortable using anime to refer to Japanese animations alone, and that's my choice, but I respect other people's use of the word. Anyway, this has gone off subject long enough so I think we should end this here.

Last edited:

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Let's agree to disagree. I respect your ability to argue intelligently.

Anyway, the process of turning sand into glass isn't as simple as super heating it. The sand needs to be a majority silica to begin with. Then you need to super heat it and add materials, heat it, remove a certain part of it and heat it again. This process is too long to ever possibly happen in combat and would require other things in your inventory. Otherwise you would just get hot sand or lava.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Let's agree to disagree. I respect your ability to argue intelligently.

Anyway, the process of turning sand into glass isn't as simple as super heating it. The sand needs to be a majority silica to begin with. Then you need to super heat it and add materials, heat it, remove a certain part of it and heat it again. This process is too long to ever possibly happen in combat and would require other things in your inventory. Otherwise you would just get hot sand or lava.
When I think about something like this I don't think it should be implemented unless there is evidence of its possibility in the series itself. As has been stated, it's not some straightforward process, and that means we can't just assume that earthbenders are capable of this, ultimately, there needs to be some solid evidence.

For that particular reason, I will disagree with this suggestion to be implemented. It doesn't seem logical enough to implement. I like the concept of manipulating glass - it's thinking forward, but there's a good chance it and bending will not correlate.

6tijn

Verified Member
It sounds ok, but glass/glasspane is a block that has to be crafted by players. So there are no natural sources for glass in Minecraft. This means you would have to craft it yourself and bring it with you when in a fight. Then, I thinks it won't really look like bending. Just poeple placing glassblocks and then shoot them at you... :/

Kwesi

Verified Member
It sounds ok, but glass/glasspane is a block that has to be crafted by players. So there are no natural sources for glass in Minecraft. This means you would have to craft it yourself and bring it with you when in a fight. Then, I thinks it won't really look like bending. Just poeple placing glassblocks and then shoot them at you... :/
That's a good point. I was thinking a little bit about that, but I just thought about controlled PvP having buildings that they could use or something like that. Other than that I can't see people using this in a natural situation.

Zolteex

Verified Member
You can add this in your config already. I still don't know why you think this would be a good idea though.o_O

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The reasons I don't like it.
1. Grief potential. Just bending glass whenever. No more windows:(
2. This would be one of those concepts like trying to bend platinum. Glass may be sand, but it is; A. super heated B. very refined
But what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.