• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Metal Bind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
I got this idea from when Kuvira bound some of her metal plates onto Korra during their fight and used them manipulate her limbs:

So this ability would cost 1 Iron or gold to use, and would work how bloodbending works. After the opponent is released, the metal would return to the earthbender. If this ability were approved by Project Korra staff, I would support adding it to the same configuration that allows server owners to set whether or not bloodbending can be used.

Last edited:

Kwesi

Verified Member
I got this idea from when Kuvira bound some of her metal plates onto Korra during their fight and used them manipulate her limbs:

So this ability would cost 1 Iron or gold to use, and would work how bloodbending works. After the opponent is released, the metal would return to the earthbender.
Could there be some sort of aesthetic effect, like a piece of armour appearing on the victims body? Also, I think only the control should function like Bloodbending and they should still be capable of basic bending abilites (with the logic of one can still bend when bound (especially a minor bind like this), but with great limitation). Either that or this ability should have a set duration.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
Could there be some sort of aesthetic effect, like a piece of armour appearing on the victims body? Also, I think only the control should function like Bloodbending and they should still be capable of basic bending abilites (with the logic of one can still bend when bound (especially a minor bind like this), but with great limitation). Either that or this ability should have a set duration.
It would be subject basically to the same restrictions as bloodbending, except that it would not require nighttime or the full moon, but rather 1 piece of gold or iron. However, I don't agree with being able to bend when being controlled. As shown in the GIF, when this ability is in effect, the victim's movements are quite restricted, so it makes sense that they would not be able to bend when this is being used. As for armor appearing on the opponent, I suppose if the Project Korra staff like the idea of that, it could be done.

Kwesi

Verified Member
It would be subject basically to the same restrictions as bloodbending, except that it would not require nighttime or the full moon, but rather 1 piece of gold or iron. However, I don't agree with being able to bend when being controlled. As shown in the GIF, when this ability is in effect, the victim's movements are quite restricted, so it makes sense that they would not be able to bend when this is being used. As for armor appearing on the opponent, I suppose if the Project Korra staff like the idea of that, it could be done.
A fair point made on the bending restrictions, which I understand and respect, but let me just add that Kuvira is a highly experienced (more than Korra), elite military mind with constantly sharpened skills and has an exceptionally precise form of metalbending, whereas Korra is rusty, mentally and emotionally wounded, and has never has experience facing Kuvira's bending. It's absolutely not surprising that Korra can't defend herself in any way against Kuvira's binding in this fight.

However, that being said, I understand the obvious restrictions one would have being bound, and in the average (common) case they probably wouldn't be able to react sharply and powerfully enough to use bending to resist it, so I'll agree with no bending.

The only thing I'm thinking now is... oh dear, yet another technique that would gain absolute control over the player. If this is implemented it will most likely be spammed by players who can use it and ruin the balance of the elements (again). Don't worry, I'm not being a hater of your suggestion, it makes perfect sense; you even provided a GIF with clear evidence of its logical effectiveness in the series. I'm just not looking forward to how restrictive it would be to opponents. :S

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
A fair point made on the bending restrictions, which I understand and respect, but let me just add that Kuvira is a highly experienced (more than Korra), elite military mind with constantly sharpened skills and has an exceptionally precise form of metalbending, whereas Korra is rusty, mentally and emotionally wounded, and has never has experience facing Kuvira's bending. It's absolutely not surprising that Korra can't defend herself in any way against Kuvira's binding in this fight.

However, that being said, I understand the obvious restrictions one would have being bound, and in the average (common) case they probably wouldn't be able to react sharply and powerfully enough to use bending to resist it, so I'll agree with no bending.

The only thing I'm thinking now is... oh dear, yet another technique that would gain absolute control over the player. If this is implemented it will most likely be spammed by players who can use it and ruin the balance of the elements (again). Don't worry, I'm not being a hater of your suggestion, it makes perfect sense; you even provided a GIF with clear evidence of its logical effectiveness in the series. I'm just not looking forward to how restrictive it would be to opponents. :S
If this ability were approved by Project Korra staff, I would support adding it to the same configuration that allows server owners to set whether or not bloodbending can be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.