• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

New Lava Technique (Addon to Earth Blast)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Demonstrated by Ghazan when he is breaking out of Jail, you would shift on a Earthbendable Block with Earthblast selected until it turns to Lava. The block turning to lava would take 3 seconds.

You would click somewhere random and the block of lava would blast in that direction (With the animation similar to Water Manipulation).

Here's the way the move would work:

Earth Blast Addon: Lava Manipulation
(And just in case you're wondering, the move would be integrated into the original Earth Blast, keeping the original name)

Select Earth blast>Shift on a earth bendable block until it turns to lava (3 seconds)>Shoot the Lava in any direction by clicking anywhere (exactly like Water Manipulation)>Lava goes in the Direction you clicked>Flows like the animation of Water Manipulation

When a lava source is nearby, you can use this technique with NO CHARGE TIME.

(With Lava Source)
Select Earth blast>Shift on a lava source (lava block)>Shoot the Lava in any direction by clicking anywhere (exactly like Water Manipulation)>Lava goes in the Direction you clicked>Flows like the animation of Water Manipulation

image.jpg

Last edited:

6tijn

Verified Member
Can it be rederected like WaterManipulation? If so, I think it might turn out a lil OP. LavaBending, as in the show, wasn't as flexible as waterbending.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Wow I love how everyone is saying this move is to op even though I haven't even stated how much damage it would do.

haters

It would be 3.5 hearts instead of 3 (or whatever the regular damage is)

Can be redirected, because regular Earth Blast can be.

6tijn

Verified Member
Wow I love how everyone is saying this move is to op even though I haven't even stated how much damage it would do.

haters

It would be 3.5 hearts instead of 3 (or whatever the regular damage is)

Can be redirected, because regular Earth Blast can be.
Lava wasn't that easy to redirect in TLK, a really small redirection should be fine, but please not as redirectable as earthblast. That would turn out OP.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
well, in your post, you keep saying "like watermanipulation". Wouldn't this remove the unique part of the water bending style?:/
Maybe not exactly the same. Lavamanipulation could be a little bit slower, and harder to redirect?(just like earthblast)

Moonelight

Verified Member
well, in your post, you keep saying "like watermanipulation". Wouldn't this remove the unique part of the water bending style?:/
Maybe not exactly the same. Lavamanipulation could be a little bit slower, and harder to redirect?(just like earthblast)
dud.

This move IS Earth Blast. I am comparing the animation to Water Manipulation, not saying the move IS Water Manipulation.

Lava wasn't that easy to redirect in TLK, a really small redirection should be fine, but please not as redirectable as earthblast. That would turn out OP.
Lava is redirect-able, it wouldn't be Lava Bending if it couldn't be. Lavabending is faster than regular Earth, and it wouldn't be over powered. The move is .5 more than regular damage. That's nothing XD

owlcool

Verified Member
dud.

This move IS Earth Blast. I am comparing the animation to Water Manipulation, not saying the move IS Water Manipulation.

Lava is redirect-able, it wouldn't be Lava Bending if it couldn't be. Lavabending is faster than regular Earth, and it wouldn't be over powered. The move is .5 more than regular damage. That's nothing XD
Not in mcmmo.
:/

Really?
Then.... let's make it 4 hearts!

What a firebender or waterbender can do with a sitting earthbender imn 3 seconds?A lot, i tell you!
INSTA-KILL!!!

6tijn

Verified Member
Keep in mind, when hit by lava you keep burning a long time sometimes. So the demage could ahve a big variation.

Gold

Verified Member
Seems like a cool idea! But say if you used earthblast on a lava source block will there be no charge time and shoot this lavablast?

Gold

Verified Member
Also, most servers I just hop on they ask for me to not use lava surge because it creates lag :/

Status
Not open for further replies.