• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied GentleCurrent (Air)

Would you like to see this ability in Project Korra?

• Total voters

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
If nobody likes this, how did it get looking into? Is it just me or does "Looking Into" actually mean "We saw that this post exists"

Gahshunk

Verified Member
If nobody likes this, how did it get looking into? Is it just me or does "Looking Into" actually mean "We saw that this post exists"
Looking Into is usually given to posts that have potential merit. Even if the general idea isn't quite up to standards, bits and pieces of the idea may be useful in creating other things.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Guys, no. No guys. Just, no.

IF an element were to be able to manipulate the growth of plants, it'd be water, hands down. A gentle current of air does almost nothing to a plant. Water is supposed to be nourishing. Not air. There is a reason why plantbending is limited to waterbenders.

TheOneAndOnlyApple

Verified Member
Just saying, no element at all alone can speed up the growth of a plant, as many have said before this post. Water nor air or even controlling the heat or earth around a plant can nourish it enough from one element alone to speed it's growth to even two times the normal rate. While bits and pieces of this thread might lead to another idea, I do not think that they are focusing on the fact that benders of any type can speed the growth process of nature...
At least I hope.
The concept is mythological in my opinion, and not very related to the reality of the show.
I love the thought put into the post however, and would love to see more ideas.

~Apple<3

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Just saying, no element at all alone can speed up the growth of a plant, as many have said before this post. Water nor air or even controlling the heat or earth around a plant can nourish it enough from one element alone to speed it's growth to even two times the normal rate. While bits and pieces of this thread might lead to another idea, I do not think that they are focusing on the fact that benders of any type can speed the growth process of nature...
At least I hope.
The concept is mythological in my opinion, and not very related to the reality of the show.
I love the thought put into the post however, and would love to see more ideas.

~Apple<3
I agree, though my point was that IF an element would be able to manipulate the growth of plants, it'd be Water. The swampbenders in the show weren't shown to be able to manipulate growth, but manipulating the plants directly is the thing that comes closest to the concept. I haven't seen any Airbenders bending any plants or vines, which is why I was surprised it was brought up as an Air move.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
The only way I can make logic of this move is that the air bender breathes the air from his lungs directly onto the plant for a set amount of time and the plant has to be right beside the water source. My reasoning: plants require CO2 aka carbon dioxide. The human body inhales oxygen, converts it to carbon dixode and then exhales the carbon dioxide. A constant and strong flow of CO2 would influence the growth of the plant. A flow of warm CO2 would also help. As mentioned earlier and on the avatar wiki, air benders can control the temperature of the air the inhale and use it to keep their bodies warm. If an airbender warms the air in his lungs and exhales it directly onto the plant, the CO2 would still retain heat. In real life, the affect of this would be minimal but this is mc. If using bone powder can instantly grow plants, a strong and steady flow of warm CO2 should do the same but to a lesser extent.
Btw, i got my reasoning from knowing some basic botany and the green house effect(how its caused, and possible outcomes of large amounts of CO2 in the atmosphere).
About the debate about air benders warming themselves with air: CO2 is somewhat of an insulator meaning that it doesnt let heat escape quickly. Focusing on the air in your lungs, compacting and pressurizing the CO2 would cause the heat produced by the body to escape at a much slowe rater and thus would warm the bender or atleast stabilize their external temperature. Science rules boys and squirrels.

Last edited:

OmniCypher

Staff member
Lead Developer
Administrator
Plugin Developer
Marked as denied due to Airbenders not being able to manipulate plant growth.