• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Water/Icebending Move - Frost Band

Status
Not open for further replies.

H2Obender

Hey everyone!

So an idea I had in mind for Waterbenders would be an ability called Frost Band. Basically upon activation (and possibly maintained channeling), a simple ring of ice blocks would appear in the ground beneath you (or around a selected source block, depending on how mobile this move should be), serving as an indicator that the ability has been initiated. This move would primarily serve as a method of crowd control. Once an individual enters the ring, they would receive a slow effect, after this occurs and a set duration has passed, individuals still remaining within Frost Band would then find Ice Spikes raising out of the ground beneath them, damaging them and potentially knocking them up in to the air.

Note: I am very clueless when it comes to mechanical limitations through coding, so pardon me should I suggest the literal impossible.

Attachments

Kwesi

Verified Member
I quite like the sound of this idea. It's unique, so it offers something a little fresh. It seems reasonable in terms of effect, where it looks balanced. It also look feasible: a skilled waterbender would definitely be capable of something like this.

I think this could work well as a WaterCombo ability. Perhaps a formula like Phasechange (left-click) > Torrent (tap sneak) > Icespike (hold sneak).

That could pretty much be Phasechange left-click at a waterbendable source for the ice component, then tap sneak Torrent for the circular component, and then finally IceSpike holding sneak for the ice spikes that would shoot out after a little time, also done while being channeled.

I think it would be cool to have flat snow within the area of the band to act as the frost part and make the slowing effect more realistic.

I think this idea would make quite a nice addition, so I would say nice job with suggesting something like this. I hope it can be implemented in some way. :)

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
WOOOO SUPPRESS THE NON-BENDING PEASANTS!!!!! JUST LIKE TARLOCK AND THE METALBENDING POLICE FORCE!!! NON-BENDING IS A DISEASE!!! WE MUST EXTERMINATE THE NONBENDERS!!!!!! WHO'S WITH ME?!? I AM FOR CROWD CONTROL!!! EVERY ELEMENT SHOULD HAVE IT!!! EXTERMINATE THE CHI-BLOCKERS!!!!

X_Eco

Verified Member
I like this idea.This move reminds me of Rukia shikai.(Bleach).How much damage would it do?

Status
Not open for further replies.