• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbending Rework - Sourcing and Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
Would this also include fixing some plant bending issues?

For example, when you select a leave block of a tree, and shoot a water manip at some random direction, the water manip gets blocked by the leave blocks surrounding the block you selected. By this, bending from trees is very hard to do, especially when you're standing on the ground. Katara, Hama and so many others never had problems with this.

-tijn

HydroMan

Verified Member
Would this also include fixing some plant bending issues?

For example, when you select a leave block of a tree, and shoot a water manip at some random direction, the water manip gets blocked by the leave blocks surrounding the block you selected. By this, bending from trees is very hard to do, especially when you're standing on the ground. Katara, Hama and so many others never had problems with this.
...cuz they bended all the chuck pf tree in instant

paliate

Verified Member
Couldn't this be done for earth too? Can't tell you how many times i've seen bolin lift up a rock from behind him.
Sorry if this was already said, I couldn't be bothered to go through all 8 pages.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Couldn't this be done for earth too? Can't tell you how many times i've seen bolin lift up a rock from behind him.
Sorry if this was already said, I couldn't be bothered to go through all 8 pages.
I agree, but this is for water, so let's keepit on topic then :p

orfeas

Verified Member
This is amazing.Waterbending has the huge disadvantage of having to look away every time you need to do a new move,but this would make all the elements more balanced.Also this would make waterbending more realistic and surly more enjoyable to play as a waterbender.

6tijn

Verified Member
Does anyone else think that waterbending should rely more on particles instead of waterblocks? To me waterblocks look too blocky and flood way to fast. Particles look smoother and more dynamic, fluent en water a like.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Does anyone else think that waterbending should rely more on particles instead of waterblocks? To me waterblocks look too blocky and flood way to fast. Particles look smoother and more dynamic, fluent en water a like.
Water doesnt even have a move that consits only particles, so i think wdo need a little particles added to move without blocks ;)

Hero

Verified Member
Water doesnt even have a move that consits only particles, so i think wdo need a little particles added to move without blocks ;)
Theres a move on this one server called water ball thats only water particles.

It looks weird and it doesn't function right at all.

6tijn

Verified Member
There's a server that has one. It's amazing. Imagine, Torrent made out of particles. If it's done corretly, like that server did, it would be perf o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.