• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Waterbending Rework - Sourcing and Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.

6tijn

Verified Member
This needs something to balance the other elements out if it's made.
I think when this gets added, moves like watermanip could get nerfed so water won't turn out OP. Because of that water benders would have to rely more on their tactics and diversity of moves instead of spam watermanip.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I think when this gets added, moves like watermanip could get nerfed so water won't turn out OP. Because of that water benders would have to rely more on their tactics and diversity of moves instead of spam watermanip.
WaterManip could deal less damage and have a cooldown etc.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I can't say I hate it, but I am worried it might make Water Camping more over powered. Unless you end up nerfing the spammable moves.
I've only now read this thread, so excuse me if I mention things other people have already. Reading 7 pages of comments isn't something I want to do.

Kiam

Verified Member
I can't say I hate it, but I am worried it might make Water Camping more over powered. Unless you end up nerfing the spammable moves.
I've only now read this thread, so excuse me if I mention things other people have already. Reading 7 pages of comments isn't something I want to do.
1. Not selecting a source will make an automatic cooldown (It takes a second(or more) for water to fill in after it's been taken, so in order to use the source again, you need to wait for the selected source to replenish.
2. Also, this would make server owners/builders less obligated to include large bodies of water into their arenas.

Moonelight

Verified Member
1. Not selecting a source will make an automatic cooldown (It takes a second(or more) for water to fill in after it's been taken, so in order to use the source again, you need to wait for the selected source to replenish.
2. Also, this would make server owners/builders less obligated to include large bodies of water into their arenas.
Okay, I like it.

Hero

Verified Member
Would the water be connected?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Patience is key. I'm not going to spoil anything for 1.7.0 but this is a large update.
Can you say if things that have had looking into for quite some time are going to have more of a chance to be implemented, or does the time factor have no effect on suggestions?

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Can you say if things that have had looking into for quite some time are going to have more of a chance to be implemented, or does the time factor have no effect on suggestions?
All I'm saying is when mapping out 1.7.0 we played more attention to suggestions than we have in the past, but time usually doesn't factor in. It's when we feel it is best to implement in into the plugin.

I wasn't trying to hijack this thread, sorry.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
All I'm saying is when mapping out 1.7.0 we played more attention to suggestions than we have in the past, but time usually doesn't factor in. It's when we feel it is best to implement in into the plugin.

I wasn't trying to hijack this thread, sorry.
Lol not like this thread is going anywhere else, just people begging for it and some confused newcomers asking questions.

6tijn

Verified Member
My idea is to make it so the active source changes to fit the move selected. So long as the user holds crouch. This will allow the user to change an octopusform to a torrent, a torrent to a watershield, a watershield to an octopusform, and then to a waterwave, and then before landing, use the water in the waterwave to form a shield/torrent/form. As long as they keep holding crouch, the active source adapts to the needs of the user, like how waterbending should be. Another example of this being used in the series is when Katara fought the Dai Li during "The Crossroads of Destiny"

This idea could be taken even further to make things more interesting. A user could charge a torrent, and while holding shift, they switch to watermanipulation and then click, the active source would take priority over the selected source, and allow the user to shoot from the torrent ring (active) source (until the water runs out).
Something I wondered about: When you for example, do a waterwave then when landing switch to octopusform, would it still have this slow build up? I think that when you do it like that octopusform should be built up faster. I think this would give it a bit more use.

example: there's an opponent on the land, let's say an earthbender, there are no sources there. So you make a waterwave and launch yourself to the land. You land in front of your opponent and quickly switch to octopusform. you hit him with your octo and he's launched backwards. then you run back to water like hell.

If the octopusform would have a slow build up like it has when you select a source, this tactic shouldn't work. Maybe it wouldn't at all because the earth bender kinda knew what you were going to do, but still.

this is maybe a small detail, but it are the lil things that matter a lot c;

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
this is freaking amazing. all I use is water and i have been waiting a good year for some good change to happen to it
And, dear Ming-Hua, the change of the Element (OF CHANGE) isn't already done. Far from that. Developers just marked this in order to "Meh. Maybe we will implement this, maybe not..."
I would love to see this in action!

Status
Not open for further replies.