• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterAbility: IceWall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorin

Verified Member
Expect you know, this one has different mechanics, knockback, damage when its formed and not shatterd

Just cuz they are walls doesnt mean they are exactly the same
This is a problem with the project korra community, I admit i'm like this too but, if a move shares a similarity people instantly freak out but having different variations of a move is awesome(not saying this is a variation of carbogens icewall) but seriously I thought this plugin was about versatility, but the way things happen now is that f anything "similar" happens it's like the end of the world.

Joeri

Verified Member
I don't believe they remade them (I believe a few edits were made and then they added it into PK core, same with suffocate2 they took it from the addon section and edited it then added it to core to my belief), And just because it LOOKS different doesn't mean it is.

Yes, the appearance is different but the move isn't.

Were either of those addons and already made?

Okay so lets say someone made a move called IceBomb and added it into the addon section and someone requested it but the bomb was a different shape, do you really think projectkorra would remake a addon that is already out there? In my opinion no because it's a waste of time.
This is a problem with the project korra community, I admit i'm like this too but, if a move shares a similarity people instantly freak out but having different variations of a move is awesome(not saying this is a variation of carbogens icewall) but seriously I thought this plugin was about versatility, but the way things happen now is that f anything "similar" happens it's like the end of the world.
Coastyo his logic is pretty much:
AirSweep = AirSwipe
FireBurst = FireBlast but wider
WallOfFire = FireShield left click, but bigger

paliate

Verified Member
This one has a prettier shape.
No, because it only has a different shape. This move is different from @Carbogen's IceWall.
Hmmm, seems bias to think that way.
First two are quoted because they just extend my point more, And I am not always negative I do like alot of the suggestions.
I think you guys are being biased, You are thinking about the shape and not the actual move. It is the same move just a different shape, And the initial post says nothing about knockback nor should it have knockback.

Yes i'm aware that this thread was made before carbogen's icewall came out, but it's out now and you just have to deal with it and accept it's basically the exact same thing minus your shape.
I feel like i'm being ganged up on and we're repeating the same thing over and over and it's ridiculous.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
First two are quoted because they just extend my point more, And I am not always negative I do like alot of the suggestions.
I think you guys are being biased, You are thinking about the shape and not the actual move. It is the same move just a different shape, And the initial post says nothing about knockback nor should it have knockback.

Yes i'm aware that this thread was made before carbogen's icewall came out, but it's out now and you just have to deal with it and accept it's basically the exact same thing minus your shape.
I feel like i'm being ganged up on and we're repeating the same thing over and over and it's ridiculous.
My post you quoted there was me being sarcastic. And it also has a different use.

We aren't ganging up on you, we just agree on the same thing. We are defending our viewpoints just like you are, but there are more of us on this thread. On other threads, there are people against other people as well.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Air suggestions.

the initial post says nothing about knockback
Are you blind?
Being hit by it while the wall is being created gives you knockback
nor should it have knockback.
Being hit by ice that's extending right up to you, would either knock you back, or it would stab you. The second one is a bit too...yea you know what I mean, so the second one is better. Knockback does make sense.

it's basically the exact same thing minus your shape.
Nope it's just really not.

it's ridiculous.
Then I suggest you leave this thread ;)

- Finn

Joeri

Verified Member
You are thinking about the shape
That's funny, because we stated other ways it's different

It deals damage when its formed
It has different formation and width and height
It knockbacks
It's a combo
It can be used on land via watersource
Curve mechanics

paliate

Verified Member
Finn, I love this idea but it's already been done essentially, If I only cared about air then I wouldn't be ordering custom moves for every element but air for my server.
Joeri, Icewall deals damage, Yes the shape is different, The knockback factor doesn't make any sense imo, It's a combo but it basically does the exact same thing that icewall does. It creates a wall of ice that blocks opponents.

Oh and my bad, It does say it deals knockback in the initial post, I'll go get my eyes checked :cool:
I would think that you guys would be happier that Carbogen made icewall, Maybe even considered it a victory but clearly that's not the case.

Edit:
this is a thread about a wall of ice.
Carbogen made a move that is a wall of ice.

all im saying o^o/

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Edit:
this is a thread about a wall of ice.
Carbogen made a move that is a wall of ice.

all im saying o^o/
I don't think this is a wall of ice, more of an iceslash... Terrible wording but you get it right?

Joeri

Verified Member
Never said they were exactly the same, but essentially they do have the same idea.
They don't.
Anyway, there are moves that are "essentially" the same, but they still are in core, why? Because when it comes to details and mechanics they are completly different.

Joeri

Verified Member
Even if it wasn't showed in the show, it's still possible for waterbenders to do it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.