• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

WaterAbility: IceWall

Status
Not open for further replies.

paliate

Verified Member
Because i have an opinion i'm acting like a concept designer?
Yes this thread was made before icewall but icewall is out now and it's pretty much just a un-needed version of icewall.
You want a wider icewall? Ask for a config option, Are you lazy? Then just make multiple icewalls and call it wider.

Honestly i'm sick of people getting defensive when their's an opinion they don't like about their move.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Because i have an opinion i'm acting like a concept designer?
Yes this thread was made before icewall but icewall is out now and it's pretty much just a un-needed version of icewall.
You want a wider icewall? Ask for a config option, Are you lazy? Then just make multiple icewalls and call it wider.

Honestly i'm sick of people getting defensive when their's an opinion they don't like about their move.
Not because you have an opinion, but because of the way you say your opinion.

paliate

Verified Member
Earthsmash, suffocate, flight
"Ever DOING a move that is a addon"
I never said they haven't put moves that were addons into Core, I said i've never seem them remake a move and then put it into core, which is basically what this post is wanting them to do.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
"Ever DOING a move that is a addon"
I never said they haven't put moves that were addons into Core, I said i've never seem them remake a move and then put it into core, which is basically what this post is wanting them to do.
They remade all those moves... And this is different from the addon icewall due to appearance and use.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
They remade all those moves... And this is different from the addon icewall due to appearance and use.
Yup. This one knocks back your enemies, can go over land, and provides more protection.

By your logic, airswipe and airsweep are too similar to be added too, so should 1 of those be removed ?

paliate

Verified Member
I don't believe they remade them (I believe a few edits were made and then they added it into PK core, same with suffocate2 they took it from the addon section and edited it then added it to core to my belief), And just because it LOOKS different doesn't mean it is.
Plus this ability spikes out and curves.
Yes, the appearance is different but the move isn't.
Yup. This one knocks back your enemies, can go over land, and provides more protection.

By your logic, airswipe and airsweep are too similar to be added too, so should 1 of those be removed ?
Were either of those addons and already made?

Okay so lets say someone made a move called IceBomb and added it into the addon section and someone requested it but the bomb was a different shape, do you really think projectkorra would remake a addon that is already out there? In my opinion no because it's a waste of time.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't believe they remade them (I believe a few edits were made and then they added it into PK core, same with suffocate2 they took it from the addon section and edited it then added it to core to my belief), And just because it LOOKS different doesn't mean it is.

Okay so lets say someone made a move called IceBomb and added it into the addon section and someone requested it but the bomb was a different shape, do you really think projectkorra would remake a addon that is already out there? In my opinion no because it's a waste of time.
No, because it only has a different shape. This move is different from @Carbogen's IceWall.

Sorin

Verified Member
I don't believe they remade them, And just because it LOOKS different doesn't mean it is.

If it was better looking and had better functionality yeah most likely. But then again what am I to say mr.buzzkill. Why you gotta be so negitive on something that is well thought out and was there before "ice wall" came out. Like this move would add alot more movement to the "ice subelement" and as well look frekin awesome.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If it was better looking and had better functionality yeah most likely. But then again what am I to say mr.buzzkill. Why you gotta be so negitive on something that is well thought out and was there before "ice wall" came out. Like this move would add alot more movement to the "ice subelement" and as well look frekin awesome.
Actually, I've never seen coastyo being nice about anything. He's always negative when someone wants to add something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.