• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ShadowBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I know it won't be added, but My argument is to prove that this is not canon, and so people can learn how to tell if something is canon.
It may not be canon fully, but there is some merit to it being canon.

Whenever I see the word canon I still imagine the camera.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
I find my self only coming and reading this guy's posts to see his reaction to everyone else. All his stuff is either a copy or illogical tid-bits :p
Ugh I don't like you. Do I need to explain once again I never stated this idea was canon, I thought you could put suggestions here for other developers so they could make this ability. Stop disrespecting me when you don't even know me. And I am totally ok with you not agreeing with this suggestion but please don't come here and insult me so you can get some likes... That's immature af.

Last edited:

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Ugh I don't like you. Do I need to explain once again I never stated this idea was canon, I thought you could put suggestions here for other developers so they could probably make this ability. Stop disrespecting me you don't even know me. And I am totally ok with you not agreeing with this suggestion but please don't come here, insult me so you can get some likes... That's immature af.
I am not truly disrespecting you. I just find your posts and reactions funny. While the last comment might be borderline disrespect, it is a little true.

I already did state my opinion, albeit a little late. I find the idea to not really make sense. As the "subelement" doesn't really match any known element. Sure it sounds cool, but it seems something more out of an anime, such as Naruto.. Or as mentioned already, Soul Eater. If you can find an element that "bending shadows" would fit, then maybe I'll stand for the idea. It's just none actually do.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
Okay... Just don't give me shit for my own suggestion. I just want it in my game and I didn't know everyone would go hating on me for personally wanting something. I know it doesn't make that much sense and it'd probably be an avatar move or a spirit move but just forget this ok?

I don't want you to take all my posts as a joke just because you find my first 3 ones weird/funny/illogical... OK?

Also, I had another plugin before this one and there I had Objectbending, Meteorbending and Shadowbending and I really miss that about it and since everything looks x10 more amazing with this plugin I thought maybe someone could make those abilities again.

I really didn't expect 80+ replies while 60+ of them are hate/disrespect/non-constructive criticism.

Do you get my points?

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
It may not be canon fully, but there is some merit to it being canon.

Whenever I see the word canon I still imagine the camera.
There is no merit of canon. Canon either is or is not. In this case it is not because of the source it appeared and the fact that it is physically impossible in any and all universes. Shadows have no mass, as we've seen them move around in the dark, and if they have no mass then it can't be bent.

Sorin

Verified Member
1. Shadowbending is not canoon
2. Only Korra could do by name you call it "shadowbending" because she is avatar ,which it shouldnt apply to airbending
3. Why do you want this to be an air subelement? It doesnt make sense
4. ...
If we keep going by cannon abilities then we will run out soon...very very soon

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
If we keep going by cannon abilities then we will run out soon...very very soon
I don't remember seeing "Chain lightning" be a thing in the show. So as long as we stick with logical canon won't matter eventually.

Yes chain lightning is logical, just about every other game does it. Don't question how it is logical though. Don't ever question.

Sorin

Verified Member
I don't remember seeing "Chain lightning" be a thing in the show. So as long as we stick with logical canon won't matter eventually.

Yes chain lightning is logical, just about every other game does it. Don't question how it is logical though. Don't ever question.
Well if we didn't use logic where would we be? We would be brainless monkeys that throw poo at each other but what i'm meaning is the moves don't always have to be on the show, not saying i'm for :shadow bending: tho. cuz if we only did moves from the show we would be out of new moves quick.
Edit: chain lightning was technically in the show due to the point the "redirection" therefore chaining it through your body.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Well if we didn't use logic where would we be? We would be brainless monkeys that throw poo at each other but what i'm meaning is the moves don't always have to be on the show, not saying i'm for :shadow bending: tho. cuz if we only did moves from the show we would be out of new moves quick.
Edit: chain lightning was technically in the show due to the point the "redirection" therefore chaining it through your body.
The chain lightning that is used, and is always referred to when saying "chain lighting" is when the original blast of lightning leaps to a new target within the area. As if the lightning itself has a mind of its own. "Redirecting" lightning is self explanatory, it's not really working the way typical "chain lightning" works. Btw, am I the only one who refers to the WC3 spell used by Thrall when I say chain lightning? C:

If we stuck with moves only from the show, eventually we would have enough content to make everyone happy. I.E. Icedisk, firedaggers, vinewhip, breathbending, metalsword, doublejump, and many more. Problem is, for some reason PK's devs, and people like you and I, find reasons to keep these moves out. Aren't we all just great for the development of ProjectKorra ;D?

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
A shadow is the lack of light. Fire doesn't block light, so it doesn't have a shadow. Earth is solid and opac, so it blocks light. Earth has a shadow. Water is transparent. Sometimes, deppending on the amount, it has shadow or not. Air... No comments.

So, if you could control something, it would be photons. You can't control something that isn't there.

Last edited:

Lucky_Paperclip

Verified Member
Tbh shadowbending sounds kind a kid's fantasy cliche (not that shadowbending wouldn't be epic) but lets be real thats as non-canon as it gets, Sound and Spirit Projection are at most the only sub elements air has ever had and shadow (not that it fits with anything else) certainly doesnt work in with that

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Tbh shadowbending sounds kind a kid's fantasy cliche (not that shadowbending wouldn't be epic) but lets be real thats as non-canon as it gets, Sound and Spirit Projection are at most the only sub elements air has ever had and shadow (not that it fits with anything else) certainly doesnt work in with that
Lucky >.> I know you don't airbend much but PLEASE!!{##!}!#! Sound is not a sub. Air has Flight and spiritual projection

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Okay, did we ever see extraction in the show? No. Is it implied possible? Yes. Because we've seen metal benders manipulate metal in many ways. Have we ever seen anybody from an actual canon source shadowbend? No. If people say "well we're out of things we've seen them do, let's go to the most random ideas ever" then we need to start making moves that are heavily implied.

And even then, the goal of the plugin is to emulate the show. Once we have a lot of canon abilities, isn't that when we intend to stop? Since ProjectKorra started and we've had the ability to suggest, people want more and more and complain. Remember back in the days of Orion's plugin? 9 moves for each and everybody still played it for hours on end? Not once whining and complaining for shadowbending, or soundbending, or a super OP move.

The devs work really hard to give us this, and we thank them by saying "Okay, here's what I want now!". Some people make reasonable suggestions like fixing logical errors, or adding more config options. What was the last suggestion that was actually added out of curiosity?

Edit: I found out. The last ability suggested that got added was the AirStream combo. And the most recent suggestion of all was the bending display command change. Some other things are labeled "complete" because they were added before the post was made, or could be achieved by altering your config, such is the case of glass bending.

Last edited:

Adamskii6

Verified Member
It was only a suggestion and it wasn't directly towards the plugin developers... Is it possible to remove a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.