• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied ShadowBending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
I know that ShadowBending isn't very related to AirBending but it'd be a great addition to this plugin because AirBenders need more sub-skills.

I also know some people would want it... A dark form of AirBending...

I know shadows are harmless in real life but maybe they could be offensive in this plugin. I have many ideas of this one.

You know in Legend of Korra how her negative attitude turned spirits dark?

Maybe this shadowbending technique could bring a shadow to an area turning those in it dark, for example pigs into zombie pigmen, etc. Also maybe the hostile mobs wont attack you.

Then when the shadow disappears, the mobs return to their first form.

Just an idea!

Tip: Google ShadowBending!

NOTE: I did not claim this being canon or anything, in fact I thought back in the days that this suggestions place was for ALL developers not just the ones working on the plugin.

Last edited:

NotchItUp

Verified Member
It would probably fit more in the spirits plugin for PK, and part of this is already planned to be in it, I think.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I know that ShadowBending isn't very related to AirBending but it'd be a great addition to this plugin because AirBenders need more sub-skills.

I also know some people would want it... A dark form of AirBending...

I know shadows are harmless in real life but maybe they could be offensive in this plugin. I have many ideas of this one.

You know in Legend of Korra how her negative attitude turned spirits dark?

Maybe this shadowbending technique could bring a shadow to an area turning those in it dark, for example pigs into zombie pigmen, etc. Also maybe the hostile mobs wont attack you.

Then when the shadow disappears, the mobs return to their first form.

Just an idea!

Tip: Google ShadowBending!
1. Shadowbending is not canoon
2. Only Korra could do by name you call it "shadowbending" because she is avatar ,which it shouldnt apply to airbending
3. Why do you want this to be an air subelement? It doesnt make sense
4. ...
It would probably fit more in the spirits plugin for PK, and part of this is already planned to be in it, I think.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
Well does it have to make sense? No? Shadowbending is a subelement to airbending like spiritual projection. Spiritual projection has nothing to do with air so what is the weird thing about it?

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Well does it have to make sense? No? Shadowbending is a subelement to airbending like spiritual projection. Spiritual projection has nothing to do with air so what is the weird thing about it?
Air nomads have the best connection to spirits because they meditate a lot. A shadow is caused by an object blocking light. It's not even a physical thing.

Adamskii6

Verified Member
Lol, air does not need more sub-elements. Fire has 2 subs too.
Okay it's time for you to understand before I get seriously worried for your well being. I never said it is a must that they get more sub bendings, but SUB BENDINGS ARE FUN. I want more sub bendings for them, okay? Comprendes???? Hablas español??? Pratar du svenska? Do you need to read in another language?

Joeri

Verified Member
Okay it's time for you to understand before I get seriously worried for your well being. I never said it is a must that they get more sub bendings, but SUB BENDINGS ARE FUN. I want more sub bendings for them, okay? Comprendes???? Hablas español??? Pratar du svenska? Do you need to read in another language?
If we are gonna have a sub element, then atleast one that makes sense

Air can't even create shadows due the fact that air doesn't block light, Soundbending is more cannon then this is ._.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
If we are gonna have a sub element, then atleast one that makes sense

Air can't even create shadows due the fact that air doesn't block light, Soundbending is more cannon then this is ._.
To bad soundbending will not be added. Airs subs are well .... limited. Flight is a move all ready and that's all it's going to be. When they will make astral projection they will be done with airs subs for .... who knows (next season of Avatar). The other elements have a bigger potential regarding this .... Don't forget poor chi :/ (maybe a medical sub => healing others something along the lines)

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
To bad soundbending will not be added. Airs subs are well .... limited. Flight is a move all ready and that's all it's going to be. When they will make astral projection they will be done with airs subs for .... who knows (next season of Avatar). The other elements have a bigger potential regarding this .... Don't forget poor chi :/ (maybe a medical sub => healing others something along the lines)
I was thinking about something like
- Can use items
(Smokescreen for example)

Joeri

Verified Member
I didnt say anything about it needing to be added? ..

Status
Not open for further replies.