• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

ProjectKorra (Spirits) -- First Looks

Mist

Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone, this is a little thank you for the support we received throughout August. As promised, here is the first in depth look into ProjectKorra (Spirits).

The ProjectKorra (Spirits) plugin will open up a plethora of new opportunities for the Minecraft player to take. This will require many changes to the core version of the plugin so we can prepare for this. Below are some of the features that have been thought of, I warn you, this is by no means guarantees and is by no means complete. This is a preview, it is not conclusive, and things may change in between this post and the actual release of the plugin.

Now, this will be all of the information we are revealing about the Spirits plugin at this time, we will NOT answer any questions about it right now. What you see is what you get. Don't get offended when we don't reply to your questions about this plugin.

The Spirit World
We will not be pre designing a Spirit World for the server owner to use. Server Owners will be able to define a world as the Spirit World in their config file, this will be where a majority of this plugin is centered. The Spirit World will function independently of the main worlds, how it looks will be up to the server owner.

Mobs spawning in the spirit world will have varying effects, based on how they interact with the player. All mobs in this world, passive and naturally hostile will be considered Spirits. How these spirits are interacted with will determine whether or not they are light or dark spirits.

Light Spirits will be much friendlier to the player, whereas dark spirits will try to attack and kill the player.

Becoming a Spirit
Incorporated into the main plugin will be the chance to become a Spirit. (/bending choose Spirit). Spirits will not be able to choose whether they are light or dark (they can be changed via admin command), this will be 100% random. How they interact with other spirits will determine which side they may fall on after that. Spirits will unlock special abilities based on which side (light or dark) they fall on. Below are the concepts of a few moves that have been designed, again, nothing is finalized.
  • Light Spirits
    • LightBeam -- Beam of Gold / White particles. Click to use. Heals other Light Spirits, Benders, and Mobs, harms undead and Dark Spirits. Killing Dark Spirits (players) may turn them into a light spirit.
    • Protect - Invisible glowing wall, same size as WallOfFire, no damage if touched, but huge knockback.
    • Contain - Click a player, they are surrounded in an invisible glowing bubble, knockbacks if touched, bubble disappears after 5 seconds.
  • Dark Spirits
    • DarkBeam - Beam of black and purple particles, click to use. Harms light spirits, benders, and mobs, heals undead and Dark Spirits. Killing Light Spirits (players) may turn them into a dark spirit.
    • Corruption - Turns all plants in the area into mushrooms and grass into mycelium, negative buffs in area (does not affect dark spirits, undead, or the user)
    • Possession - (Can only be used on Players), Gods + Invisible dark spirit, paralyzes the Bender for a few seconds. Hold crouch to use (Think of when the spirits would enter another human and could kill them)
    • Feed - Health Siphon, works on all mobs, players, including Light Spirits.
As you can see, the different types of spirits will have their ups and downs. Other than the Avatar, Spirits will be able to go to and from the spirit world much easier than regular players can. (As a passive, holding sneak long enough will send you to the Spirit World).

The Avatar
The Avatar is the bridge between the moral and spirit worlds, that said, Once the RPG plugin is released, the Spirit plugin will likely hook into it to determine and define an Avatar. Past Avatars will be able to go to and from the Spirit World with ease (Passive: Hold Sneak for a long period of time (say, 10 seconds) to go between the worlds.) How you grant Avatars this power is completely up to the server owner, I encourage Creativity and variation.

Avatars will receive a few unique abilities through the RPG plugin, most likely:
  • Energybending - Learned through the Spirit World. I'm not quite sure how they will gain access to Energybending, but doing so will grant them some abilities:
    • RemoveBending - Hold crouch next to a bender, both sides must stay still for a decent amount of time, at the end, a beacon of light goes into the air and permaremoves the bending of a a player. Bending can be restored by an Admin, or through another energybender.
    • RestoreBending - Hold crouch next to a bender, both sides must stay still for a decent amount of time. Restores the bending of another player. This will only work on those who have had their Bending removed with Energybending.
Release Dates:
I will not set official release dates for the Spirit plugin OR the RPG plugin, I will say that RPG will likely come first, as a lot of the Spirit stuff relies on the RPG plugin. We will begin development on the RPG plugin shortly after the official 1.5.0 build of ProjectKorra (Core) is released. ProjectKorra (Core) v1.5.0 will likely be cleaning up the plugin to work toward the secondary plugins.

TehPandaKing

Verified Member
Omg... I want this...
I'd totally meditate all day if that was a thing.
What if you could learn spiritual projection from the spirit world?
There could be a chance that when you sleep as a regular player, you get sent over, and then learn the passive?
Must be rare, but i think it'd be possible, Like how zaheer can access the spirit world. :p

owlcool

Verified Member
I was just looking at that and I noticed somthing. You can only have 3 moves as a spirit. Even chi blockers have more. I am guessing either they are hiding the rest, or they have not made the rest. I want 9 moves to make way for each person to gain their own bending style. Seems legit.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
Looks cool. Kinda interested in how the changing of spirits would work. Would you have to rebind all moves (light to dark moves, or vice versa)? Would there be an option to disable the changing of spirits, and to let players choose their own affinity?

Last edited: