• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New blood move: Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Have I seen this before? It seems really similar to earth flight post. Same things.
Can't pull yourself up by your shoelaces
Can't pick yourself up

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Have I seen this before? It seems really similar to earth flight post. Same things.
Can't pull yourself up by your shoelaces
Can't pick yourself up
I really wish people will stop using those little facts. Bloodbending doesn't have the effect of pulling something from the outside, it pulls from the inside. If you do anything like that (shoe laces, stand on plate) to anyone else, do they rise? No. Bloodbending cannot be applied to normal physics.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
I really wish people will stop using those little facts. Bloodbending doesn't have the effect of pulling something from the outside, it pulls from the inside. If you do anything like that (shoe laces, stand on plate) to anyone else, do they rise? No. Bloodbending cannot be applied to normal physics.
From what we've seen, physics still apply in their world as they do in our world. You need to learn that when we make a physics point you can't just say "Nope physics don't apply here". You can't bend while under the influence of bloodbending.
Beyond this, this was never seen to be canon. Even Amon, the master and genius bloodbender used a waterspout to escape, if it were possible to bloodbend to fly, he would have found this to be possible and used it.
Not only is this non-canon it's unbalanced. If you want to fly, be an airbender.

You keep making posts trying to give everybody the ability to fly. If you want to fly, be an airbender, or just do /fly

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
From what we've seen, physics still apply in their world as they do in our world. You need to learn that when we make a physics point you can't just say "Nope physics don't apply here". You can't bend while under the influence of bloodbending.
Beyond this, this was never seen to be canon. Even Amon, the master and genius bloodbender used a waterspout to escape, if it were possible to bloodbend to fly, he would have found this to be possible and used it.
Not only is this non-canon it's unbalanced. If you want to fly, be an airbender.

You keep making posts trying to give everybody the ability to fly. If you want to fly, be an airbender, or just do /fly
Also, it would look kinda stupid to bloodbend yourself to fly. Have you seen how people look while they're being bloodbent? They're in serious, agonizing pain, twisting around. Seems like an unnecessary amount of pain to inflict on yourself just to levitate around.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member

Levitate, I said levitate. And physics doesn't apply to bloodbending. You've seen bloodbending, people flying all over the place. Does that look like physics? No.

To the non canon thing, look back at what Vidcom said. Bloodbending oneself.
Also, it would look kinda stupid to bloodbend yourself to fly. Have you seen how people look while they're being bloodbent? They're in serious, agonizing pain, twisting around. Seems like an unnecessary amount of pain to inflict on yourself just to levitate around.
That's because they want to inflict pain. If a bloodbender wanted to not inflict pain, I believe they could do so.

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
Levitate, I said levitate. And physics doesn't apply to bloodbending. You've seen bloodbending, people flying all over the place. Does that look like physics? No.

To the non canon thing, look back at what Vidcom said. Bloodbending oneself.

That's because they want to inflict pain. If a bloodbender wanted to not inflict pain, I believe they could do so.
Do you understand what physics are? When I say understand, I don't mean just knowing that gravity pulls you down. The concept in physics is that energy is neither created nor destroyed. A bloodbender grabbing hold of you using HIS energy to lift you up IS physics. Him using HIS energy to then throw you is physics. Want to test this? Grab the nearest (non valuable object) and toss it up. Did you see what happened?! It went up!! Against gravity! Because you put energy into it! Wow! That's physics for you.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Do you understand what physics are? When I say understand, I don't mean just knowing that gravity pulls you down. The concept in physics is that energy is neither created nor destroyed. A bloodbender grabbing hold of you using HIS energy to lift you up IS physics. Him using HIS energy to then throw you is physics. Want to test this? Grab the nearest (non valuable object) and toss it up. Did you see what happened?! It went up!! Against gravity! Because you put energy into it! Wow! That's physics for you.
You have to think about it as bloodbending being the hand throwing the ball up, it is an external source. If bloodbending can be applied upon another object, what is stopping it from being applied upon the user

Pickle9775

Staff member
Head Moderator
Verified Member
You have to think about it as bloodbending being the hand throwing the ball up, it is an external source. If bloodbending can be applied upon another object, what is stopping it from being applied upon the user
You do have the strength to do so, but you can't achieve the goal. Can I be hit by a car and get killed? Yes. Can I pull a car at myself and kill myself. No. Not to mention you can't bloodbend yourself.

HydroMan

Verified Member
I don't think so. When Tarrlok tried to bloodbend wolves ,he was kinda against it so i don't think he really wanted to inflict pain ,as he probably didn't have control to puppet them gently .He even said he doesn't want to use on his brother ,because of the way he felt it (as i assume that would cause pain agaisnt his will even when he would'nt want to hurt amon). I think even Katara didn't want to induce pain to Hama ,as she was agaisnt it also. That's my theory

Last edited:

jedk1

you cant levitate yourself. Flight being a sort of exception, except you are manipulating the air around you to keep yourself in the air. what you are suggesting is that a blood bender can deny them selves the effects of gravity.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
you cant levitate yourself. Flight being a sort of exception, except you are manipulating the air around you to keep yourself in the air. what you are suggesting is that a blood bender can deny them selves the effects of gravity.
Zaheer wasn't manipulating the air at all. Or else Tenzin and Jinora would be able to fly. And it is possible, but you have to use an external source

Status
Not open for further replies.