• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New blood move: Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So this move probably will not be accepted because it is weird, but it is theoretically correct, and quite logical. Here it is:
Name: Levitation
Element: Blood
How used: [Hold Shift] and if possible [L-click] if not possible then movement with [asdw] keys
Description: So this is a bit complicated. Bloodbending is the bending of water molecules inside blood. In the show it was only ever used on another person, but logically thinking, it could be used on one's self too for multiple uses, this just being one of them. The user would bend the blood in their body to levitate themselves off the ground to a certain height. It would be like using the current bloodbending move on somebody else, but applied to the user. And knowing how to use bloodbending effectively this player would lift themselves off the ground without crumpling his/herself. The [l-click] would work by making the player move to the clicked spot, but that most likely wouldn't work without their being a block to select, so the movement keys would be asdw. This would give bloodbenders another move and more mobility when not in water. This would only move for a certain amount of time, as bloodbending oneself would be quite straining, and would require a lot of concentration. Also the move would cancel if the user was hit by another move, as it would break the users concentration.
Newly Added: -.5 health per second when used, Slowness 1 applied when used
Please think about it very carefully before you don't accept the move, it is quite logical. Thanks for reading! Post suggestions!

Last edited:

WaterFan99

Verified Member
its impossible to do so, when someone is being bloodbended they can't bend. Its impossible to resist unless your another bloodbender which has no effect if you are. I do like your idea, but in combat and logic i don't think it makes sense. i know you said high concentration, but it just wouldn't work that way :p. I do like your forum and hope you create more though! xoxo- Waterfan99

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
its impossible to do so, when someone is being bloodbended they can't bend. Its impossible to resist unless your another bloodbender which has no effect if you are. I do like your idea, but in combat and logic i don't think it makes sense. i know you said high concentration, but it just wouldn't work that way :p. I do like your forum and hope you create more though! xoxo- Waterfan99
I see how you are thinking and how White_Knight was thinking, but that isn't the only reason why it's impossible.
For example, someone is standing on a plate attached to a rope. The person on the plate is trying to pull himself up by pulling the rope upwards. Everyone knows that's stupid, and it isn't possible to do so. The same goes for this idea. You can't levitate/pull something up if you are standing on it, and in this case, when it is in your body. That also makes catapult kinda unlogical, but it's cannon, and we can't miss it. That's why I vote no. #BlameNature :p

owlcool

Verified Member
I vote no, this is both op, and seems like just another way to give waterbenders /fly. No, fire is so overpowered, all the elements have to have combos WAY better then all the combos in firecombo, because firecombo is just the first combo set. And fire has dat combustion, that if it hits you directly on your head and the bender does not click on the right slot in a 3 second radius of time it does not work. Makes sense. And how walloffire does not block torrent, that makes more sense, even though in the show walloffire blocked waterbending, firebending, airbending, earthbending AND A FREAKING BOOMERANG!!!! So let me get this straight, walloffire can block a earthblast, airswipe, watermanipulation, and fireblast all at once, but it completely uneffects a small stream of water. Yay, so much sense.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm only going to explain this once, and as simply as I can. When you bloodbend someone else, you are restricting their movement making them unable to bend. With this you would be manipulating your own blood lifting yourself into the air by moving the water molecules up. You wouldn't be able to use other bending, you would only be able to move across land a little faster than normal, as waterbenders have very limited mobility on land. The reason you would be able to do this would be because you can limit movement when bloodbending, and while doing so you could bloodbend yourself and limit yourself to the amount where you could bloodbend and still move. I really hope this makes sense.
I vote no, this is both op, and seems like just another way to give waterbenders /fly. No, fire is so overpowered, all the elements have to have combos WAY better then all the combos in firecombo, because firecombo is just the first combo set. And fire has dat combustion, that if it hits you directly on your head and the bender does not click on the right slot in a 3 second radius of time it does not work. Makes sense. And how walloffire does not block torrent, that makes more sense, even though in the show walloffire blocked waterbending, firebending, airbending, earthbending AND A FREAKING BOOMERANG!!!! So let me get this straight, walloffire can block a earthblast, airswipe, watermanipulation, and fireblast all at once, but it completely uneffects a small stream of water. Yay, so much sense.
Also this makes no sense whatsoever.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I'm only going to explain this once, and as simply as I can. When you bloodbend someone else, you are restricting their movement making them unable to bend. With this you would be manipulating your own blood lifting yourself into the air by moving the water molecules up. You wouldn't be able to use other bending, you would only be able to move across land a little faster than normal, as waterbenders have very limited mobility on land. The reason you would be able to do this would be because you can limit movement when bloodbending, and while doing so you could bloodbend yourself and limit yourself to the amount where you could bloodbend and still move. I really hope this makes sense.
Again:
I see how you are thinking and how White_Knight was thinking, but that isn't the only reason why it's impossible.
For example, someone is standing on a plate attached to a rope. The person on the plate is trying to pull himself up by pulling the rope upwards. Everyone knows that's stupid, and it isn't possible to do so. The same goes for this idea. You can't levitate/pull something up if you are standing on it, and in this case, when it is in your body. That also makes catapult kinda unlogical, but it's cannon, and we can't miss it. That's why I vote no. #BlameNature :p

Gahshunk

Verified Member
Bloodbending is shown to be excruciatingly painful. I don't think anyone in their right minds would perform it on themselves. Also, it's not just water in the blood. The human bosy is 70-something percent water.

Simonster99

Verified Member
I see what you mean, and I agree that it would probably be possible for a bloodbender to lift themselfs. But I would imagine that it would be quite painful having your blood moved around in your body like that.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
When bloodbending others, you can't exactly guage the pain, as it really has only been shown to put them unconcious. When bloodbending oneself, you know your limits, and you wouldn't be using the full extent of bloodbending, just enough to move your own blood. also this form of bloodbending is different than bloodbending others. Bloodbending others is meant to cause pain, this is meant to just lift oneself.
Bloodbending is shown to be excruciatingly painful. I don't think anyone in their right minds would perform it on themselves. Also, it's not just water in the blood. The human bosy is 70-something percent water.
I see what you mean, and I agree that it would probably be possible for a bloodbender to lift themselfs. But I would imagine that it would be quite painful having your blood moved around in your body like that.
Then why doesn't the current bloodbending do damage huh?

Kwesi

Verified Member
I understand the logic behind this ability however, as others are saying, bloodbending on oneself would be extremely painful. I don't think a waterbender would be able to bend their own blood long enough and strongly enough to move themselves off the ground and in the direction they desire.

owlcool

Verified Member
When bloodbending others, you can't exactly guage the pain, as it really has only been shown to put them unconcious. When bloodbending oneself, you know your limits, and you wouldn't be using the full extent of bloodbending, just enough to move your own blood. also this form of bloodbending is different than bloodbending others. Bloodbending others is meant to cause pain, this is meant to just lift oneself.

Then why doesn't the current bloodbending do damage huh?
Why.Not.make.A.Suggestion.To.Make.Bloodbending.Do.Even.More.Damage.Definitely.Not.Overpowered.
I.Vote.No_On.This.Ability.

V

Vidcom

I get your logic behind this. Catch is, bloodbending halts movement, so you can only do this via psychic bloodbending. No movements can be used to qualify as psychic, since it's thought only. If you can find a way of controlling MC telepathically, THEN we will talk about this ;P

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I get your logic behind this. Catch is, bloodbending halts movement, so you can only do this via psychic bloodbending. No movements can be used to qualify as psychic, since it's thought only. If you can find a way of controlling MC telepathically, THEN we will talk about this ;P
Ok. I will do my best to find a way, but if bloodbending limits movement, why can people still move and hit the bloodbender when being bloodbent? Kinda anticlimactic if you know what the word means. In the show they couldn't move at all, in minecraft they are flying all over the place.

Kwesi

Verified Member
The whole thing to me visually equated to the player holding sneak to use it on themselves and just using W,A,S,D,SPACE and SHIFT to manoeuvre, and it would just look by someone sneaking through the air, I suppose. XD

V

Vidcom

The whole thing to me visually equated to the player holding sneak to use it on themselves and just using W,A,S,D,SPACE and SHIFT to manoeuvre, and it would just look by someone sneaking through the air, I suppose. XD
Remember, we emulate bending in real life via a format expressed through Minecraft, not emulate how things would work in a Minecraft universe. The difference is subtle, but it IS there ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.