• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New blood move: Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwesi

Verified Member
Remember, we emulate bending in real life via a format expressed through Minecraft, not emulate how things would work in a Minecraft universe. The difference is subtle, but it IS there ;)
I know what you mean. I was just describing how the ability looked in my head if implemented (so far). XD

paliate

Verified Member
I actually had a simular idea but the reason it wasn't gone through with is because it would be unbelievably painful for the bender to do it to themselves, And can you picture a bender going through that pain AND bending themselves?

Seems quite unlikely, I vote no. It's logical but just not a good idea nor do i think the bender could handle it.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Why do people vote yes or no for something? Is it going to change anything really? It just boggles my mind..

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Why do people vote yes or no for something? Is it going to change anything really? It just boggles my mind..
I worded this incorrectly. It isn't the voting itself that boggles me, it is why people do it. It is not like that voting for a move is going to increase or decrease the odds of it getting approved. Opinion in this sort of case takes very little effect into what happens, fact effects the topic the most. I know you guys probably own servers (I know you do coastyo, I've been meaning to visit it), and that probably goes through your mind if you want it or not. But I think voting on something of this sort doesn't and shouldn't have much effect, as it is based on opinion, not fact. And facts matter most in a situation like this. Sorry if this is confusing or irritating at all, but if voting for it really mattered, they would have kept the poll option for these types of threads.

owlcool

Verified Member
I worded this incorrectly. It isn't the voting itself that boggles me, it is why people do it. It is not like that voting for a move is going to increase or decrease the odds of it getting approved. Opinion in this sort of case takes very little effect into what happens, fact effects the topic the most. I know you guys probably own servers (I know you do coastyo, I've been meaning to visit it), and that probably goes through your mind if you want it or not. But I think voting on something of this sort doesn't and shouldn't have much effect, as it is based on opinion, not fact. And facts matter most in a situation like this. Sorry if this is confusing or irritating at all, but if voting for it really mattered, they would have kept the poll option for these types of threads.
(I am sorry, I am going to sound like a total douchbag)
What in your mind makes you think that the public opinion of all benders does not make a bigger difference?
Anyways, I don't get what you mean by facts. We have been giving you facts, and all the facts seem to state this move would be impossible in atla and lok.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
#BlameNature
You realize that bending itself breaks the most important law of nature, right? and that nature barely applies to anything bending as it is fictional, and pretty much impossible.

Also whoever is saying that bloodbending is painful, that is true to a certain degree. In the show it is only ever used on other people so we cannot just assume that it would be painful to do to oneself. But of course we also cannot assume that it wouldn't be painful, see when the show doesn't give us info like this, we get to use our imagination to make it.

owlcool

Verified Member
You realize that bending itself breaks the most important law of nature, right? and that nature barely applies to anything bending as it is fictional, and pretty much impossible.

Also whoever is saying that bloodbending is painful, that is true to a certain degree. In the show it is only ever used on other people so we cannot just assume that it would be painful to do to oneself. But of course we also cannot assume that it wouldn't be painful, see when the show doesn't give us info like this, we get to use our imagination to make it.
(Same situation as before)
So we take something that is THEORETICALLY possible to do, in a THEORETICAL universe, when the THEORETICAL universe makes the very action of trying to learn it ILLEGAL, keep in mind the bender would not even WANT to do this to themselves, as it is most likely VERY painful.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
(I am sorry, I am going to sound like a total douchbag)
What in your mind makes you think that the public opinion of all benders does not make a bigger difference?
Anyways, I don't get what you mean by facts. We have been giving you facts, and all the facts seem to state this move would be impossible in atla and lok.
To your first remark: Well let's see. Probably the fact that people can be influenced very easy. Monkey see, monkey do.
To your second remark: I know that there have been "facts" put out there. But are they really facts? Bloodbending was only ever shown to be painful if the bloodbender wanted it to be painful. Hama bloodbending sakka and aang- they aren't hurt at all from the bloodbending itself. So yea.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
most likely
Key words there.
(Same situation as before)
So we take something that is THEORETICALLY possible to do, in a THEORETICAL universe, when the THEORETICAL universe makes the very action of trying to learn it ILLEGAL, keep in mind the bender would not even WANT to do this to themselves, as it is most likely VERY painful.
It's also taken from something that is FICTIONAL and turned into something for a GAME. Theoretical is better than not being there at all. If you wish to make an argument about something, try to make it somewhat good.

V

Vidcom

To your first remark: Well let's see. Probably the fact that people can be influenced very easy. Monkey see, monkey do.
To your second remark: I know that there have been "facts" put out there. But are they really facts? Bloodbending was only ever shown to be painful if the bloodbender wanted it to be painful. Hama bloodbending sakka and aang- they aren't hurt at all from the bloodbending itself. So yea.
You're arguing about the realism of this plugin? How much more contrived could you get?

paliate

Verified Member
If they were to do it in the series and be able to endure the pain i'd be all for it, But they can't so i think that you should just be open to the idea of it not being completely doable.

And your right, It is stupid of us to assume they can't but what makes you assume they can? theres zero proof of this actually being done.
And i'm going to throw a little something in your direction, Say they were to bloodbend themselves, how would they pull themselves up when their hands are being pointed at their body?

And even if they could even TILT their hands up a bit they wouldn't be able to go forward or backwards, Only up and down. At least to my knowledge, Feel free to prove me wrong sweetcheeks.

owlcool

Verified Member
I never said that the plugin wasn't realistic, it very much is.
This is going to be a short rant.
Are you even freaking reading this. You are the only person that wants this. Nobody else wants this for 3 freaking reasons. 1. IT IS WAY OVERPOWERED!!!! YOU ARE JUST GIVING WATERBENDERS /FLY!!!!! FOR THAT REASON IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ADDED. REASON FREAKING 2. IT DOES NOT EXIST IN LOK OR ATLA!!!! YOU ARE JUST MAKING IMPOSSIBLE STUFF UP!!!! WHY NOT GIVE EARTHBENDERS THE ABILITY TO METALBEND THE IRON IN YOUR BLOOD? BECAUSE IT IS OVERPOWERED AND NOT CANNON!!!! REASON 3. THIS WOULD PROVE THAT NOBODY CARES WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS IT!!!! HOW MUCH WOULD THAT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO MAKE THREADS?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
This is going to be a short rant.
Are you even freaking reading this. You are the only person that wants this. Nobody else wants this for 3 freaking reasons. 1. IT IS WAY OVERPOWERED!!!! YOU ARE JUST GIVING WATERBENDERS /FLY!!!!! FOR THAT REASON IT IS NOT GOING TO BE ADDED. REASON FREAKING 2. IT DOES NOT EXIST IN LOK OR ATLA!!!! YOU ARE JUST MAKING IMPOSSIBLE STUFF UP!!!! WHY NOT GIVE EARTHBENDERS THE ABILITY TO METALBEND THE IRON IN YOUR BLOOD? BECAUSE IT IS OVERPOWERED AND NOT CANNON!!!! REASON 3. THIS WOULD PROVE THAT NOBODY CARES WHAT THE COMMUNITY WANTS BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS IT!!!! HOW MUCH WOULD THAT ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO MAKE THREADS?
It isn't impossible, it is very theoretical.

owlcool

Verified Member
It isn't impossible, it is very theoretical.
So let's rewrap on what I said. NOBODY OTHER THEN YOU WANTS IT!!! It has never been seen, so this is a made up idea that is, if you want to be a fancy pants, very theoretical, literally meaning it is somewhat possible. And finally, it is less realistic then a waterbender just flying on a surge wall, which would be denied because it is over powered. This suggestion is more overpowered then the surge wall because it takes up less less blocks basically giving waterbenders the ability to fly straight up from a desert. I personally think this is becoming more and more of a troll post, so @MistPhizzle pls lock this thread.

owlcool

Verified Member
It may not be added, but I do not give up on anything.
Work smarter not harder. Bedsides, think of how much electricity this pointless argument is taking up. The average google user spends up about the same amount of electricity it takes to drive a mile with gasoline. That is estimated to be 25 google searches. Now compare that to this argument.

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So let's rewrap on what I said. NOBODY OTHER THEN YOU WANTS IT!!! It has never been seen, so this is a made up idea that is, if you want to be a fancy pants, very theoretical, literally meaning it is somewhat possible. And finally, it is less realistic then a waterbender just flying on a surge wall, which would be denied because it is over powered. This suggestion is more overpowered then the surge wall because it takes up less less blocks basically giving waterbenders the ability to fly straight up from a desert. I personally think this is becoming more and more of a troll post, so @MistPhizzle pls lock this thread.
Yep. Theoretical. Not proven unable to be done or able to be done so far. And since when do you speak for everyone on the thread. Some people like the idea, some people don't. And you can already fly pretty much as a waterbender with surge and waterspout. I didn't make this to be a troll post, I actually believe that it could be done. Psychically though. As Vidcom stated.

Status
Not open for further replies.