• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied New blood move: Levitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
Main issue I'm seeing with this move is that bloodbending doesn't work well with other chi.

To understand quite what I'm getting at here, basic bending theory needs to be looked at. Bending is, at its heart, chi exiting the body, guided by physical motions, and incorporating itself into an element. Said element depends on the origin of the chi. It enters the substance and this substance can now be controlled by the bender from where the chi came from.

Waterbending, therefore, is chi going into water. Bloodbending manipulates the water in the body, so is putting chi into another persons body. Now, here's an interesting observation to make.

Gif 1, bloodbending animals:

Notice the motions of the wolves is very smooth and consistent. Little resistance is shown, despite them clearly wanting to.

Gif 2, bloodbending humans:

Korra is twitching extensively, and no motion here is smooth.

Why is this happening? What is the difference between humans and animals when being bloodbent? The answer is surprisingly simple; all humans have chi, no animals do (barring sky bison, dragons and badger moles).

When bloodbending is used on a human body, the bloodbenders chi comes into contact with the chi of the victim, and things go funny. The twitching, jerkiness and resistance are signs of this, as the victims body has a method of opposing the bloodbenders chi; with their own. This is why a lot of a bloodbender's motions are far more rigid and brutal than compared to traditional waterbending; they're using additional force to make their victim do what they want. Psychic bloodbending eliminates this, but requires an extreme iron will and mental strength to execute properly.

Now, levitation cannot use normal bloodbending to fly; the chi would resist itself and they wouldn't be able to move their limbs to bloodbend to make themselves fly. If a psychic bloodbender, the issue seems to be gone since the limb problem is no longer a factor; you don't need to move your arms, so their paralysis isn't a big deal. However, chi resistance is the key part here that makes it impossible.

Now, some may be thinking "but why would a bloodbender's chi resist itself? That makes no sense Vidcom! FOOL! FOOL!" and you may be right. We have no way of knowing to be perfectly honest. However, going from what we know, this hypothesis cannot be rendered correct or invalid.

Thanks for reading!

TL;DR bloodbending makes victim body say NO. could make bloodbender body say no too???
Buuuuuut Vidcom, Explain why dragons can breath fire if they have no chi!!!!
Buuuuuut Vidcom, Explain how Badger Moles can have seismic sense If they can't Earthbend!!!

V

Vidcom

Buuuuuut Vidcom, Explain why dragons can breath fire if they have no chi!!!!
Buuuuuut Vidcom, Explain how Badger Moles can have seismic sense If they can't Earthbend!!!
Chill, I did say that no animals except dragons, sky bison and badger moles have chi. The opposite stands true.

V

Vidcom

We've never seen any of those 3 being bloodbent however, which would be the core part of proving the chi resistance theory, so until then, it remains a theory.

owlcool

Verified Member
We've never seen any of those 3 being bloodbent however, which would be the core part of proving the chi resistance theory, so until then, it remains a theory.
Until you can prove your face wasn't stolen by Koh your face remains a theory.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Vidcom I see everything you say seems true. The only thing I have to contradict your theory that the benders chi would resist itself is when Tarloq (however spelled) tried to bloodbend noatok (amon) and noatok stopped for a moment, then continued moving. I believe this is because their chis were similar enough and noatok knew how to resist it. We've seen a weaker bloodbender bend a stronger bloodbender before, that's why I rule out power as a variable. (Katara vs Hama, Katara bloodbent Hama who had been bloodbending for years, whereas Katara had just done it that one time.)

V

Vidcom

Vidcom I see everything you say seems true. The only thing I have to contradict your theory that the benders chi would resist itself is when Tarloq (however spelled) tried to bloodbend noatok (amon) and noatok stopped for a moment, then continued moving. I believe this is because their chis were similar enough and noatok knew how to resist it. We've seen a weaker bloodbender bend a stronger bloodbender before, that's why I rule out power as a variable. (Katara vs Hama, Katara bloodbent Hama who had been bloodbending for years, whereas Katara had just done it that one time.)
Actually, I always thought that was just Amon straight up bloodbending himself to move. Ooh!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Actually, I always thought that was just Amon straight up bloodbending himself to move. Ooh!
It could be either theoretically. Him bloodbending himself probably better helps my cause in this move. I don't think it's right tho because if your theory is correct, then he would've been unable to move his limbs. His chi most likely fought against his brothers chi and won.

V

Vidcom

It could be either theoretically. Him bloodbending himself probably better helps my cause in this move. I don't think it's right tho because if your theory is correct, then he would've been unable to move his limbs. His chi most likely fought against his brothers chi and won.
On the other hand, Amon is probably the most talented bloodbender to have ever lived. I mean, he figured out how to use bloodbending to sever people's bending. I can see him being able to suppress another bloodbender, although it wouldn't have been easy

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
On the other hand, Amon is probably the most talented bloodbender to have ever lived. I mean, he figured out how to use bloodbending to sever people's bending. I can see him being able to suppress another bloodbender, although it wouldn't have been easy
What about his father? He was the only one shown to do psychic bloodbending. That's pretty cool.

V

Vidcom

What about his father? He was the only one shown to do psychic bloodbending. That's pretty cool.
Nah, Amon picked it up too, we were shown him using it. Bryke also confirmed separately that he used it to win all of his fights by very subtly using it to throw the other person off so they'd always miss

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Nah, Amon picked it up too, we were shown him using it. Bryke also confirmed separately that he used it to win all of his fights by very subtly using it to throw the other person off so they'd always miss
Oh. Makes sense.

Joeri

Verified Member
I thought the same, you know how bloodbending bends the water inside? I think Amon stoped the water flow that Tarlokk tried to make inside him by bloodbending himself

Status
Not open for further replies.