• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lava Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
W

water is one of the slowest elements right now xD Uses aged to do an attack compared to a lot of the other elements. To create a shield it takes a full half second longer then say earth bending. Half a second is CRUCIAL in combat.
How is it she slowest? You probably say earth is the fastest because of the earth blast spam, but you don't want to see my iceblasts spam...

owlcool

Verified Member
I have no issue with reducing the damage of lava or making it less OP, but the speed isn't the way to go. If it has reduced speed nobody will bother using it. I also have an issue with you making up facts to support your case.
Damage isn't the way to go either... Lava is going to do more damage then a rock in all cases.
W

water is one of the slowest elements right now xD Uses aged to do an attack compared to a lot of the other elements. To create a shield it takes a full half second longer then say earth bending. Half a second is CRUCIAL in combat.
Earthbending is all about defense. And on the other hand to get rid of the raiseearth is takes a full half second longer then it takes to get rid of surge shield. When you compare earthbending as being faster then the other elements you will lose in almost every case.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
Earthbending is all about defense
Earth is all about striking at the best possible moment and in waiting for that moment it may seem that they are defending themselves when they are just buying time.
Earth uses a basic neutral jing. Waterbenders use it too but they have a much sophisticated version of it being capable of changing their offence into defence and vice versa.
Lava is going to do more damage then a rock in all cases.
True but yet you don't want to get 2 shot now do you ?

Faecous

Verified Member
How is it she slowest? You probably say earth is the fastest because of the earth blast spam, but you don't want to see my iceblasts spam...
Thats one move. Any other water move like Water Wave or torrent or even the surge shield takes longer to do then any of the other equivalents.

owlcool

Verified Member
Earth is all about striking at the best possible moment and in waiting for that moment it may seem that they are defending themselves when they are just buying time.
Earth uses a basic neutral jing. Waterbenders use it too but they have a much sophisticated version of it being capable of changing their offence into defence and vice versa.

True but yet you don't want to get 2 shot now do you ?
Waterbenders use a mixture between positive and negative jing, not neutral jing. That would help explain why waterbending is the second best element in probending, next to firebending in the case of not having to modify from traditional styles. If we honestly had to choose an element that was best at defense, it would be earth in most to all cases, next to air, and then water, and then fire.

owlcool

Verified Member
Thats one move. Any other water move like Water Wave or torrent or even the surge shield takes longer to do then any of the other equivalents.
Watermanipulation, Iceblast, Icebullet. Earthsmash is more comparable to waterwave, and waterwave is faster then earthsmash in the warmup. Swift Swim in another addition on how fast waterbending is, waterbending has waterspout, waterbending is built around speed and earthbending has a few op spamming moves. Catapult is actually way overpowered compared to the show, as bolin was able to only catapult maybe 10 feet high, basically it was a high jump at most in the show. while in the plugin it was earthbending's only mobility move for a long time, and it makes the earthbender powerless for a short while, compared to a waterbender waterwaving and using a bottle to watermanip. So what are earth's fast moves? Shockwave? The laggiest spam move of all the elements, you want to call that fast? Earthsmash would take about the same time as torrent would, longer at long range as earthsmash has a 5 second warmup and torrent has a 2 second warmup. Earthbending has earthgrab for defense, waterbending has octopusform, Which one of those are made to be moved and used offensively? If you honestly think earth is faster then water, then it is time for people to start making complaints to earthbending being too fast.

Faecous

Verified Member
Waterbenders use a mixture between positive and negative jing, not neutral jing. That would help explain why waterbending is the second best element in probending, next to firebending in the case of not having to modify from traditional styles. If we honestly had to choose an element that was best at defense, it would be earth in most to all cases, next to air, and then water, and then fire.
I'd say that air is the best on defense.

owlcool

Verified Member
And airshield.
Compared to? Airshield really isn't that overpowered... Sure you can slowly move while inside it, Sure you can slighly push people away from you... But no airbender in the series had that as their prime defense, they always had either dodged or airswiped things away from them. Airshield vs... Surge Wall=Surge wall Pushes airbender. Airshield vs Raiseearth and Earthgrab= Earth takes the win with solid defense. Airshield vs Fireshield= Airshield wins.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I've been off these forums for such a long time, and look at all the attention that my thread is getting :D idec that it's all an argument over something that seems stupid, and has completely lost all importance to the actual meaning behind this thread. I have four pages on here now. Most of it is arguing. Could we create like an argument section for this site where people can ask questions about bending and then make huge over-exaggerated contradictions to each other? It might help, though it may make things worse. It would help to clean up the suggestion forums though. Anyways, please stop arguing, and continue talking about how amazing and wonderful I am. Thanks :D

Status
Not open for further replies.