• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lava Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
Currently lava has one move, and that is lavaflow.. Lavaflow doesn't show the offensive abilities of lavabending, but something like lavaslap would add a quick moving lava attack that it would make lavabending something worth thinking about.

WeTitans3

Verified Member
I feel that the lava creation mentioned in LavaArc would be a very nice additional way to create Lava for Lavabending moves. Personally, I don't feel that the one move that currently creates lava is enough. If this concept, (of selecting a block like you do for normal Earthbending moves, and then having it turn to lava for certain moves), could be expanded and improved, that could add more overall to Lavabending and improving the 'quality of life' for Lavabenders. This would be especially true for those who would like to more readily focus on Lava as his/her bending of choice. (I also feel that sub-types should be improved to the point where someone could viably focus on his/her sub-element for combat, similar to how Lava/Sand/Plant-Benders did in the show.)

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I swear that the firt two suggestions are already addon moves... You know, share the same name too... @Carbogen anyone?
Well, you're half right. The first one is me asking the staff to add Carbogen's LavaSlap to the plugin. The second one is me asking Carbogen to add a lava kinda thing to one of his own moves.

DanStryder

Verified Member
No no, I meant about the Lava addition to earthshard.

Also I think it's a bit of asking both the staff and Carbogen about adding his move as it's his coding in the end of the day, yeah if I did an addon and I was asking to add it to the core I'd be honoured, but it would still be my code. Ownership of code is a big thing in MC multiplayer nowadays remember?

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Yeah, but it's not like I'm asking him to hand his coding over to me or anything. I'm suggesting that lava slap be added to the core plugin, giving Carbogen an idea for an addition to his move, and making my own suggestion for whoever wants to make it.

EDIT: Also, I'm sure Carbogen would get full credit in the description for the move.

Faecous

Verified Member
*claps loudly* That is a perfect show of what moves should be added for lavabending!
As a lavabender, i'ts kind of annoying that the few moves of lavabending in the plugin (not the custom moves) are ignorable: one does not work, one is pretty much useless is most times of combat, and one is weirdly working (Lavathrow only throws one shot, not six, like it should be).
As for the custom moves, they only focus on the ground level (exept Lavadisk, but it is not that viable).There should be moves like magma blast, and the other three moves would be epic as finishing shots!
Lava throw throws six shots. But the mechanics has changed, now you need to stand infront of the lava pool and look over to the other side for it to work.

Vkumar

Verified Member
Since falling lava blocks broke in 1.8, why can't they just replace it with another block like orange stained clay?

owlcool

Verified Member
Currently lava has one move, and that is lavaflow.. Lavaflow doesn't show the offensive abilities of lavabending, but something like lavaslap would add a quick moving lava attack that it would make lavabending something worth thinking about.
Lavabending is based off of bajiquan, if you just wikipedia it the martial art is a slow, powerful martial art. If you want speed, go with earthbending or metalbending, or even sandbending. If you want power, go with lava or earth.

Faecous

Verified Member
Lavabending is based off of bajiquan, if you just wikipedia it the martial art is a slow, powerful martial art. If you want speed, go with earthbending or metalbending, or even sandbending. If you want power, go with lava or earth.
Will you stop using the martial art as an argument for making lava slow? I mean COME ON. In the show ITS NOT SLOW! In some cases you barelly have any time to react. It is not always like the martial art, Just because the martial art is slow DOES NOT MEAN that the bending is slow. :D

owlcool

Verified Member
Will you stop using the martial art as an argument for making lava slow? I mean COME ON. In the show ITS NOT SLOW! In some cases you barelly have any time to react. It is not always like the martial art, Just because the martial art is slow DOES NOT MEAN that the bending is slow. :D
Name a element where the martial art is slow and the element is fast. I am quite certain I could prove you wrong easily.

Faecous

Verified Member
Name a element where the martial art is slow and the element is fast. I am quite certain I could prove you wrong easily.
It is pretty god damn obvious that I was talking about lava. I was responding to your comment regarding lava after all. Do you need me to name it again? really?
The creation of lava in this clip is certainly fast.

owlcool

Verified Member
It is pretty god damn obvious that I was talking about lava. I was responding to your comment regarding lava after all. Do you need me to name it again? really?
The creation of lava in this clip is certainly fast.
Yeah, because that was not at all equivalent to the speed toph could crack open a arena, or that it took a ton of motion to do that. Lets look at Bolin, since we don't actually know the true extent of how powerful Ghazan was. He could have practiced lavabending for 50 years for all we know. You also don't need to cuss.

Last edited:

owlcool

Verified Member
Yeah, because that was not at all equivalent to the speed toph could crack open a arena, or that it took a ton of motion to do that. Lets look at Bolin, since we don't actually know the true extent of how powerful Ghazan was. He could have practiced lavabending for 50 years for all we know.
Take this, Bolin had lavabending figured out for 3 years. So we can assume 3 years of practice. At 0:40 in this video, it takes bolin 3 giant motions with his hands to make lava and make it go a good distance.

Now at 1:20 in the video he does the equivalent space of that with just plain earthbending, in one motion. Seems like bolin is faster then the average earthbender, but lava is still as slow as normal earthbending.
At the very least, lavabending is as slow as earthbending, if not slightly slower, and doesn't that make sense?

Last edited:

Faecous

Verified Member
Take this, Bolin had lavabending figured out for 3 years. So we can assume 3 years of practice. At 0:40 in this video, it takes bolin 3 giant motions with his hands to make lava and make it go a good distance.

Now at 1:20 in the video he does the equivalent space of that with just plain earthbending, in one motion. Seems like bolin is faster then the average earthbender, but lava is still as slow as normal earthbending.
At the very least, lava bending is as slow as earth bending, if not slightly slower, and doesn't that make sense?
Judging from your previous posts you are trying to make lava bending slow because it's the movements are slow. But it is barely any slower then earth if it is at all. Just because some moves has to use big movements does not make the bending slow. And my point is that lava bending should not be slow.

owlcool

Verified Member
Judging from your previous posts you are trying to make lava bending slow because it's the movements are slow. But it is barely any slower then earth if it is at all. Just because some moves has to use big movements does not make the bending slow. And my point is that lava bending should not be slow.
It should be just as slow as regular earth is, if not slower. If you want a fast earthbending sub element, try metalbending or sand bending.

Faecous

Verified Member
It should be just as slow as regular earth is, if not slower. If you want a fast earthbending sub element, try metalbending or sand bending.
Normal earth is one of the fastest element. Water is the slowest. I'm ok with it being as slow as water.

Status
Not open for further replies.