• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Lava Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Before you read this, please understand that I am not expecting that these moves be liked by everyone. I just had few ideas, and thought I should share them, and maybe help the devs come up with more ideas. I will not say that lava is OP, nor underpowered, but again I just want to share my ideas with people that would appreciate them.

Lava Slap:
A basic move for lavabenders. This move is on quite a few servers, and because it's so commonly used I think that it'd be a great idea to add it to the core plugin. As of right now there is no basic attack for lavabenders, and this would be a great addition.

Visual:

Magma Blast:
A specialized technique of lava bending. This move is an add-on to the move Earth Shard. To use simply raise a block of earth coming from below a lava source, just as you would with normal Earth Shard. The raised block will be covered in lava particles, signifying your success in generating a Magma Blast. Simply left click to fire the ball of magma.

Configurable Stats -
Damage: 2 hearts
Amount of Magma-Balls: 3

Visual:

Lava Arc:
This combo is powerful, but does not take too long to perform, so beware of its long cooldown. To perform this combo, all you have to do is sneak at dirt or stone with your earth blast slot selected and then switch to your lava flow slot and left click. A single source block of lava will appear where you shifted. From there lava particles will arc towards where you clicked, and once they have reached their target, a small pool of lava will appear at where their destination.
{This move does no initial damage, but is simply used to trap your enemy in a small pool of lava}

Configurable Stats -
Cooldown: 18 seconds
Block Regeneration: 10 seconds

Visual:

I hope everyone liked my move ideas! The first two are suggested moves, but the third is a suggested combo. If anyone would like to see these moves in minecraft, I have screenshots. I just didn't want to take up anymore space in this post than I already have. If anyone has questions I'm sure I could answer them, and don't hesitate to tell me your own opinion whether it's good or bad. If you want anything to be changed to your liking I won't mind editing this post. Thanks for reading! :D

Last edited:

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I like them. But we know how this is going to end up-
"Earth has too many moves and these are just too op so I don't think they should be added. Why don't you focus on ____bending"

I think they are good though.

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
I like them. But we know how this is going to end up-
"Earth has too many moves and these are just too op so I don't think they should be added. Why don't you focus on ____bending"

I think they are good though.
Thanks :D I really like the positive feedback, plus the only lava move now is lava flow (thanks 1.8) so I thought lava might need some offensive moves added to the plugin

Adam

Verified Member
*claps loudly* That is a perfect show of what moves should be added for lavabending!
As a lavabender, i'ts kind of annoying that the few moves of lavabending in the plugin (not the custom moves) are ignorable: one does not work, one is pretty much useless is most times of combat, and one is weirdly working (Lavathrow only throws one shot, not six, like it should be).
As for the custom moves, they only focus on the ground level (exept Lavadisk, but it is not that viable).There should be moves like magma blast, and the other three moves would be epic as finishing shots!

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
lava crevice = lavaslap?

and i think the magmablast should be a addon to @Carbogen 's earthshard.
In that case, could we please add one of the two to the plugin? Also I like your idea about adding Magma Blast to EarthShard, but could you explain how it'd work? I might add it to the original post

paliate

Verified Member
Jewfrojustin, What about if when you are near a lava source (lavaflow for example) you shift and it raises the dirt from under the lava creating the "magma blast" (there could be particles around the dirt block signifying that it is covered in lava, or it can just be a lava block)

White, Check the latest earthshard, it's quite pleasingly different.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Coast the move itself isn't any different than before. Now it's just got a particle effect with it. Whoop-dee-flippin-doo.

paliate

Verified Member
I don't see the point in making a whole different move for no reason, it's basically the same thing.
and it'd probably do a configurably more amount of damage then earthshard itself. dont be such a sour puss white ;w;

JewFroJustin

Verified Member
Sorry, I've been off of the forums for a bit today. Thanks for the feedback, all of you. @coastyo I'm not joking when I say that that would be really amazing to see happen! I will diffidently put it in the original post! Also, do you have any ideas for making lava crevice differ from lava slap? I put it in because lava slap isn't in the plugin and I thought this could be added instead.

Last edited:

paliate

Verified Member
It doesn't seem like Lava crevice would make it (do to its simularity), why not change that to suggesting that lavaslap be added to the main plugin? :l

Status
Not open for further replies.