• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [FIREBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
He gave an opinion.

I would like to point out, that the radius for firespin is most likely configurable.

I like the more knockback. But I don't think we need a whole new move just for knockback.
OH! Did not know its configurable. Even then though, not everyone uses firespin. I just changed it so it will defend you for the 5 secs you are charging. If anything, it's close to a fire torrent AoE. :p

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
OH! Did not know its configurable. Even then though, not everyone uses firespin. I just changed it so it will defend you for the 5 secs you are charging. If anything, it's close to a fire torrent AoE. :p
A lot of things in the plugin are configurable... pretty much the entire plugin.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
So reason 1. This move isn't a clone of another move like most suggestions now days, sure it has some similarity to another but key differences, difference 1, it is arking in one direction similar to blaze but off the ground. Difference 2, it isn't in a full circle like firespin, Difference 3, I'm pretty sure it would have a different particle 'wave',
reason 2. Fire really doesn't have all the many moves being looked at and this is a pretty cool move and you can't tell me that if this was added you or other people wouldn't use this.
Fire can already accomplish a majority of what this move does, and Devs aren't going to waste time on something they don't need to be working on. I don't think we need very many new moves right now for Firebending, just to polish up what we have. (Work out bugs, configs, etc.) The best way to get this added would be for him to code it himself as an addon.
You're correct, though, in one respect. People do tend to download a bunch of fire addons, like fireball, firedrill, and firewhip. But in general, they're not necessary for fire, overpowered, and just plain weird. I wouldn't use this move if it was added, nor do I use fire addons in general.

Hero

Verified Member
Fire can already accomplish a majority of what this move does, and Devs aren't going to waste time on something they don't need to be working on. I don't think we need very many new moves right now for Firebending, just to polish up what we have. (Work out bugs, configs, etc.) The best way to get this added would be for him to code it himself as an addon.
You're correct, though, in one respect. People do tend to download a bunch of fire addons, like fireball, firedrill, and firewhip. But in general, they're not necessary for fire, overpowered, and just plain weird. I wouldn't use this move if it was added, nor do I use fire addons in general.
Unless you are a dev. you wouldnt know what they are thinking. :p You aren't staff. Dont care if you dont use it, thats your choice.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
IGNORE! Things are much more peaceful now.. :D
You can't just ignore an issue and pretend it's not there. Unless this move does something necessary for Firebending that other moves don't address, is well balanced for combat, and is just an all around solid suggestion, it's not going to get accepted. If you want it to get made, you need to tweak this.

greengabe22

Verified Member
I like this idea a lot! firebending does need more moves but it's very similar to firespin, you should add some really cool feature to it to make it more unique. Just a suggestion!

paliate

Verified Member
I do not think this is needed at this time, It does not add anything new that fire doesn't already have.
Knockback - Firespin, Burst of fire in a direction - Fireburst. You don't really need to make a whole new move just for the aesthetics.

Going to deny, Sorry.

( @White_Knight28 its rude to tag peeps like that >:O )

Status
Not open for further replies.