• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [FIREBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
For the fire masters to people who just want to fry some people, here's Flare!

It would start out as the user holding shift for 10 secs. (During the time of holding shift) After 5 secs of holding shift, a circle of fire will start to form around the user. After 10 secs, smoke would appear with the fire indicating its ready to be released. After its released, the flames around the player will form a ball in front of the user and explode in a fire wave. It will cause 4 HP (2 hearts) of damage.

NOTE: This move will not burn, but will cause moderate knockback.
NOTE: Circle of fire will now block projectiles and basic earthmoves. Water/Air will still hit the user.

Last edited:

LeafHD_

Verified Member
I just wanna say that your titles are a little too distracting. The element can be inserted in the thread, also the new move thing is not necessary. Also, caps can be a little annoying.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
Its not in the plugin and its nothing related to firespin.
Yes, firespin is in the plugin. It's a firecombo. Your move is kind of like a mixture of firespin and fireburst, if the gif you used is any indication. This move isn't really needed, and that's what I'm standing by unless you can convince me there's a better reason to add it rather than "For FireMasters who just want to fry people".
I predict that this move will not be added.

Sorin

Verified Member
Yes, firespin is in the plugin. It's a firecombo. Your move is kind of like a mixture of firespin and fireburst, if the gif you used is any indication. This move isn't really needed, and that's what I'm standing by unless you can convince me there's a better reason to add it rather than "For FireMasters who just want to fry people".
So reason 1. This move isn't a clone of another move like most suggestions now days, sure it has some similarity to another but key differences, difference 1, it is arking in one direction similar to blaze but off the ground. Difference 2, it isn't in a full circle like firespin, Difference 3, I'm pretty sure it would have a different particle 'wave',
reason 2. Fire really doesn't have all the many moves being looked at and this is a pretty cool move and you can't tell me that if this was added you or other people wouldn't use this.

Hero

Verified Member
So reason 1. This move isn't a clone of another move like most suggestions now days, sure it has some similarity to another but key differences, difference 1, it is arking in one direction similar to blaze but off the ground. Difference 2, it isn't in a full circle like firespin, Difference 3, I'm pretty sure it would have a different particle 'wave',
reason 2. Fire really doesn't have all the many moves being looked at and this is a pretty cool move and you can't tell me that if this was added you or other people wouldn't use this.
Thank you so much! At least you see the difference. :D

Hero

Verified Member
Don't really see a use of this, since we already have blaze, fireburst, fire kick and indeed firespin.
It looks like you only posted that because those are the only moves you use, so your comment is without value.

Hero

Verified Member
Firespin is not used by everyone. And I dont need your prediction. You aren't staff or a deity. >:p

Janny

Verified Member
I like this move, A LOT. But the only thing I don't like is that you are holding shift for 10 seconds just for doing 2 hearts of damage and some fire tick damage. 10 seconds might not seem like a lot, but in bending combat, its A LOT. What I suggest is either making the damage bigger and keep it 10 seconds, or lower the time. But other than that, I love this move!

Hero

Verified Member
I like this move, A LOT. But the only thing I don't like is that you are holding shift for 10 seconds just for doing 2 hearts of damage and some fire tick damage. 10 seconds might not seem like a lot, but in bending combat, its A LOT. What I suggest is either making the damage bigger and keep it 10 seconds, or lower the time. But other than that, I love this move!
Hows 5 secs?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I just wanna say that your titles are a little too distracting. The element can be inserted in the thread, also the new move thing is not necessary. Also, caps can be a little annoying.
Its his post, he can create it how he would like.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
2 hearts + fire ticks can kill you...

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
It looks like you only posted that because those are the only moves you use, so your comment is without value.
Ok Im so done with people saying 'You're post has no value', or anything like that. My post does have value, since I'm a member of the forums. I'm just saying this is already doable, and it is basicly already in the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.