• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied [FIREBENDING] [NEWMOVE] Flare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Verified Member
Ok Im so done with people saying 'You're post has no value', or anything like that. My post does have value, since I'm a member of the forums. I'm just saying this is already doable, and it is basicly already in the plugin.
The reason why people say your posts dont have value is because a majority of the time you are just flamming.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
The reason why people say your posts dont have value is because a majority of the time you are just flamming.
I am not. I'm just done seeing people get mad when someone doesn't like their idea.

I personaly don't like this idea because it is unneeded.

When someone says that, you can also talk to them, seeing if anything could be changed, instead of Saying 'your post had no value'

Hero

Verified Member
I am not. I'm just done seeing people get mad when someone doesn't like their idea.

When someone says that, you can also talk to them, seeing if anything could be changed, instead of Saying 'your post had no value'
Trust me, I really couldnt care if someone didn't like my post. The only care about good feedback, or a good reason on why it's not needed. You haven't given me a good reason why it's not needed. Unless you supply a good reason, its no value.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Trust me, I really couldnt care if someone didn't like my post. The only care about good feedback, or a good reason on why it's not needed. You haven't given me a good reason why it's not needed. Unless you supply a good reason, its no value.
My reason:
What this move does is already possible. Therefor it is not needed.

Janny

Verified Member

When I look at a suggestion, I don't judge it by rather or not it is needed or not. I judge by these things: Good Suggestion Setup, Creative Move, and Moves that would look so badass during a fight. If you judge a move just because it is "not needed", then most of the suggestions would be marked: DENIED. What I think "not needed" means: You are too lazy to make a move that you think would be either too easy or too hard to do and would be dumb during battle. Which is COMPLETELY opinion-based.

Hero

Verified Member
When I look at a suggestion, I don't judge it by rather or not it is needed or not. I judge by these things: Good Suggestion Setup, Creative Move, and Moves that would look so badass during a fight. If you judge a move just because it is "not needed", then most of the suggestions would be marked: DENIED. What I think "not needed" means: You are too lazy to make a move that you think would be either too easy or too hard to do and would be dumb during battle. Which is COMPLETELY opinion-based.
YAS, thats how I look at suggestion too!

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
See, @Janny and @Hero, the point of a move is not to recreate something that is doable, it is to do something different than that of the moves that exist. You can argue that a lot of moves do the same thing, but that's not true. Every move in the plugin has variation. And it would be excellent if people fully explored these variations before suggesting things. As @finnbon is correct, it can already be done. Not in the means you would like, but it can be done. If something can already be done, what is the point of creating another move to server that purpose? Well, there isn't a point. But I will tell you, that no concept designer will look at a thread in the same way you guys do. You want things for the plugin that may be cool, but they will more than less not accept something when it's already able to be done. Sorry.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
You know the Devs aren't lazy. They just aren't going to spend time working on something that isn't needed. If you want it, make it yourself.

Hero

Verified Member
See, @Janny and @Hero, the point of a move is not to recreate something that is doable, it is to do something different than that of the moves that exist. You can argue that a lot of moves do the same thing, but that's not true. Every move in the plugin has variation. And it would be excellent if people fully explored these variations before suggesting things. As @finnbon is correct, it can already be done. Not in the means you would like, but it can be done. If something can already be done, what is the point of creating another move to server that purpose? Well, there isn't a point. But I will tell you, that no concept designer will look at a thread in the same way you guys do. You want things for the plugin that may be cool, but they will more than less not accept something when it's already able to be done. Sorry.
With that logic, all moves in this forums would be denied. This is different than any other move for fire.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
With that logic, all moves in this forums would be denied. This is different than any other move for fire.
Yes, but it is still able to be done. And there are plenty of moves on the forum that are nothing like any public or default move.

Hero

Verified Member
Yes, but it is still able to be done. And there are plenty of moves on the forum that are nothing like any public or default move.
Ok, this move is not fire burst and blaze.

Blaze is just a move that sets fire blocks in a wave or circle

Fire Burst is a firemove with a large radius. If you click, its more focused, but still a big ball of flames

Flare is a fire move that doesn't burn, but is more concentrated on damage and knockback.

Fire doesn't have any move that does knockback other than firespin and its radius is too small and its all around.
Flare is completely different from those moves. I dont care if it can be done with other fire moves because it isn't Flare.

Joeri

Verified Member
People need to stop overusing the term "flaming". Finnbon gave his opinion and if you like it or not, an opinion isn't flaming. And giving critic isn't flaming either. If anything you were flaming for directly saying his post had no value, simply because he gave his opinion on your idea.

Hero

Verified Member
People need to stop overusing the term "flaming". Finnbon gave his opinion and if you like it or not, an opinion isn't flaming. And giving critic isn't flaming either. If anything you were flaming for directly saying his post had no value, simply because he gave his opinion on your idea.
Flamming is relative, what someone finds offensive is different from another. He didn't really give an opinion, he just said it's unneeded without reasons. He stated his reason for why its unneeded and I replied. I'm not going to argue who's right or wrong.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Flamming is relative, what someone finds offensive is different from another. He didn't really give an opinion, he just said it's unneeded without reasons. He stated his reason for why its unneeded and I replied. I'm not going to argue who's right or wrong.
He gave an opinion.
Ok, this move is not fire burst and blaze.

Blaze is just a move that sets fire blocks in a wave or circle

Fire Burst is a firemove with a large radius. If you click, its more focused, but still a big ball of flames

Flare is a fire move that doesn't burn, but is more concentrated on damage and knockback.

Fire doesn't have any move that does knockback other than firespin and its radius is too small and its all around.
Flare is completely different from those moves. I dont care if it can be done with other fire moves because it isn't Flare.
I would like to point out, that the radius for firespin is most likely configurable.

I like the more knockback. But I don't think we need a whole new move just for knockback.

Status
Not open for further replies.