• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Which particle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Hmm the servers that do this would have to have dedicated admins for sure. The idea overall is probably the best you could get for now for "glow eyes".
I have another idea I thought of. We all saw when Korra was in the Avatar state and her eyes left a trail of light energy:
View attachment 387

... What if there was a trail of white/glow/yellow/something particles that followed your head as a "particle effect"? That'd be cool.
All servers should have staff and admins dedicated to them just like ProjectKorra(notice me MistPhizzle senpai!). But at the same time thats a really good idea. Itd be pretty cool if we put our ideas together. Btw, did someone ever see if they glowing affect of the enderdragon before ir explodes can be replicated onto players?

Moonelight

Verified Member
Btw, did someone ever see if they glowing affect of the enderdragon before ir explodes can be replicated onto players?
I'll look at it on Saturday/tonight. I bet it can but it might be a little difficult. What would we use this for though? Maybe when the avatar dies? :)

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Hmm the servers that do this would have to have dedicated admins for sure. The idea overall is probably the best you could get for now for "glow eyes".
I have another idea I thought of. We all saw when Korra was in the Avatar state and her eyes left a trail of light energy:
View attachment 387

... What if there was a trail of white/glow/yellow/something particles that followed your head as a "particle effect"? That'd be cool.
Yey :33

jemox

Verified Member
View attachment 387

i was thinking of that one
like glow stone being your head lol

jemox

Verified Member
As much as that would be fantastic, players' skins vary greatly and therefore so do the position of their eyes. It would be impossible to determine where the eyes are on every skin design (if they even have eyes) to make them glow - which sucks. :/
make it all like steve lol

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I'll look at it on Saturday/tonight. I bet it can but it might be a little difficult. What would we use this for though? Maybe when the avatar dies? :)
I thought that it could be a constant affect that would show others the power and might that the user has while in avatar state. Heres what i thoughy could happen: The user binds the move. Immediately after activating it, the block dircetly underneath them becomes a beacon and shoots up a beam of light through the user. The beacon and the light dissappears after a couole of seconds or when the user move. When the light dissappears, the user will continue to glow on their own and leave a particle trail that pertains to their base element. When they deactivate it or it wears off, the particle trail swirls around the user from top to bottom and removes the light as it passes over them. The particles dissappear as they touch the ground signafying that they have returned to normal.

To sort of add to this, itd be cooler if the user had to charge avatar state before it activates. Basically everthing I mentioned earlier would happen except: the user would have an 8 sec charge time. While charging the beacon/light would appear underneath them and firework particles would descend from the light. It would take 8sec for the particles to reach the player notifying the user and surrounding players that they can enter the avatar state now. When the particles reach the player, they would explode and the beacon/light beam would dissappear. Everything after this would be the same as what i mentioned earlier.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I thought that it could be a constant affect that would show others the power and might that the user has while in avatar state. Heres what i thoughy could happen: The user binds the move. Immediately after activating it, the block dircetly underneath them becomes a beacon and shoots up a beam of light through the user. The beacon and the light dissappears after a couole of seconds or when the user move. When the light dissappears, the user will continue to glow on their own and leave a particle trail that pertains to their base element. When they deactivate it or it wears off, the particle trail swirls around the user from top to bottom and removes the light as it passes over them. The particles dissappear as they touch the ground signafying that they have returned to normal.

To sort of add to this, itd be cooler if the user had to charge avatar state before it activates. Basically everthing I mentioned earlier would happen except: the user would have an 8 sec charge time. While charging the beacon/light would appear underneath them and firework particles would descend from the light. It would take 8sec for the particles to reach the player notifying the user and surrounding players that they can enter the avatar state now. When the particles reach the player, they would explode and the beacon/light beam would dissappear. Everything after this would be the same as what i mentioned earlier.
I'm not sure how good a particle trail of their base element would look, but I really don't think players should have to charge AvatarState. It all look so intense in my head.

Moonelight

Verified Member
R.I.P my computer
Spiral Particle effects are already used on many servers. The amount of bending used at the same time on many servers is a lot more lag-unfriendly than some Particles bursting into a 10 block radius causing knock back.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I'm not sure how good a particle trail of their base element would look, but I really don't think players should have to charge AvatarState. It all look so intense in my head.
So far from what we've seen in the show, the avatar had to endure either some form a quick concentration/meditation or severe physical, mental, or emotional anguish in order to activate it. Before entering the avatar state at will, the avatars closed their eyes and concentrated and when they opened them, they achieved the power. It was never actually instantaneous like using a fireblast or airswipe. It only makes sense that an ability of this caliber have some sort of charge time with too(not to mention the dramatic affect it would cause).

Kwesi

Verified Member
So far from what we've seen in the show, the avatar had to endure either some form a quick concentration/meditation or severe physical, mental, or emotional anguish in order to activate it. Before entering the avatar state at will, the avatars closed their eyes and concentrated and when they opened them, they achieved the power. It was never actually instantaneous like using a fireblast or airswipe. It only makes sense that an ability of this caliber have some sort of charge time with too(not to mention the dramatic affect it would cause).
Inducing the avatar state is fairly close to instantaneous, despite whatever way it is done; it really doesn't take that long. Although, I do agree with you in terms of balancing it out and making a more dramatic impact.

jemox

Verified Member
if u want make a particle
make the player fly and have a air shield around him
like when aang entered the avatar state in sozen's comet

Kwesi

Verified Member
In that instance Aang entered the Avatar State to immediately fight with overwhelming power, plus I think since his native element was air the airshield would instictively form in times of severe emotional turmoil and distress.

The Avatar State is more general than that. I agree it should have a dynamic effect, but I don't think it should look elemental upon activation, but spiritual. After all, the true essence of the avatar state is not the power of bending, that is a secondary element; it's true essence is connecting the spirits of the past avatars to the current.

Moonelight

Verified Member
In that instance Aang entered the Avatar State to immediately fight with overwhelming power, plus I think since his native element was air the airshield would instictively form in times of severe emotional turmoil and distress.

The Avatar State is more general than that. I agree it should have a dynamic effect, but I don't think it should look elemental upon activation, but spiritual. After all, the true essence of the avatar state is not the power of bending, that is a secondary element; it's true essence is connecting the spirits of the past avatars to the current.
My favorite idea is the spiritual indication that the avatar entered the avatar state!

Moonelight

Verified Member
I know, mine too. :3
The intense moment when the Avatar enters the Avatar State might just be a small detail, but it makes a great change. It would make the Avatar State a lot more awesome, and battles just get more intense and fun! Interesting too.

Status
Not open for further replies.