• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Which particle?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I'm suggesting that when an Avatar enters the Avatar State a spiral of either...

A) 4 Elements Particles (Water Fire Air Earth)
B) Enderman Particles
C) Glowstone Particles
D) Air Particles (Different sound to represent light energy)
(Or any particle the owner chooses)

... would burst out in a 5 block radius and have a small knock back on any user/entity/mob it hits. edit - just to clarify the burst with the particles disappears once it reaches the 5 block point. & Maybe turn the 5 blocks into 10 and have a configurable distance....?

When Korra Entered the Avatar State in Book 3 while being poisoned we all saw that a burst of air spiraled around her.
image.jpg
I feel this small effect could have a great impact on how people look at the plugin or play with the plugin.

There isn't much to say besides what I just said, but suggestions for particles and enter/leaving the avatar state effects would be greatly appreciated!

sorry getting gifs on an iPhone is close to impossible

Last edited:

Gold

Verified Member
Should be editable in config for which element you want to be shown. Like Aang for example wouldn't it be odd for fire particles to be shown around him even if he doesn't have the capability to fire-bend? I also think this is a neat idea too

Moonelight

Verified Member
Should be editable in config for which element you want to be shown. Like Aang for example wouldn't it be odd for fire particles to be shown around him even if he doesn't have the capability to fire-bend? I also think this is a neat idea too
That's what I meant by "Or any particle owner chooses". But the little burst would disappear after it reaches 5 blocks!

Gold

Verified Member
; _ ; Did you just edit it a while back cuz I swear it looked different when I made my post

Zephyrus_Arrow

Verified Member
This would be really cool. I also think it would let the surrounding benders prepare themselves for ultimate domination XD

Helios

Verified Member
This could also be helpful to players who are fighting the avatar, because right now, you can't tell if someone is in AvatarState. If you see this on someone, you can prepare.

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
Is there anyway to replpicate the way that enderdragon glows right before it explodes? If so, that'd be an amazing affect to the avatar state. If that cant work, maybe the block directly underneath the user temporarily turns into a beacon and the beam of ligh shoos up similar to the light aang would emit when he entered the avatarstate.

Taiko the Waterbender

Verified Member
Is there anyway to replpicate the way that enderdragon glows right before it explodes? If so, that'd be an amazing affect to the avatar state. If that cant work, maybe the block directly underneath the user temporarily turns into a beacon and the beam of ligh shoos up similar to the light aang would emit when he entered the avatarstate.
Love it! :D

Moonelight

Verified Member
Hmm that is actually a really good idea! I'll do my research later :p
This could also be helpful to players who are fighting the avatar, because right now, you can't tell if someone is in AvatarState. If you see this on someone, you can prepare.
Mhm that's kind of the idea..

Kwesi

Verified Member
what about glowing eyes it may should be good am i right
As much as that would be fantastic, players' skins vary greatly and therefore so do the position of their eyes. It would be impossible to determine where the eyes are on every skin design (if they even have eyes) to make them glow - which sucks. :/

TheSkyKing

Verified Member
I think I may have thought of an idea to make up for the lack of glowing eyes things. So lets say your server has an avatar cycle and you just got selected to become avatar. When are selected, your player name, id, and skin are recorded in a PK database or a server database(idk something like that). Ive seen and played on servers that have a plugin that modifies the players skin to appear differently to all other players. Lets say that once your skin is entered into thid database, the admin can then see your skin and simply change the color of the eyes (and airbender tatoos if you have them) on the skin and set it so that whenever you enter the avatar state your skin changes to the white eyed version(to everyone else it will appear as if your skin changed but it will be the same on your screen) and stays that way up until you return to normal. I think what im saying is doable but idk if it would be really complicated or nahhhhhh.

Moonelight

Verified Member
I think I may have thought of an idea to make up for the lack of glowing eyes things. So lets say your server has an avatar cycle and you just got selected to become avatar. When are selected, your player name, id, and skin are recorded in a PK database or a server database(idk something like that). Ive seen and played on servers that have a plugin that modifies the players skin to appear differently to all other players. Lets say that once your skin is entered into thid database, the admin can then see your skin and simply change the color of the eyes (and airbender tatoos if you have them) on the skin and set it so that whenever you enter the avatar state your skin changes to the white eyed version(to everyone else it will appear as if your skin changed but it will be the same on your screen) and stays that way up until you return to normal. I think what im saying is doable but idk if it would be really complicated or nahhhhhh.
Hmm the servers that do this would have to have dedicated admins for sure. The idea overall is probably the best you could get for now for "glow eyes".
I have another idea I thought of. We all saw when Korra was in the Avatar state and her eyes left a trail of light energy:
image.jpg

... What if there was a trail of white/glow/yellow/something particles that followed your head as a "particle effect"? That'd be cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.