• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airshield, and its growing uselessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Minor correction, it blocks vanilla Combustion, and if you can find a server where firebenders aren't constantly complaining they need more defense and the Shield needs to be made better, please send me the IP...
I can send it to you? (2 servers...)

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
I think we've all noticed that AirShield is rather powerful, and shouldn't be blocking everything.. If you still believe that airshield needs to be stronger, you're obviously too stubborn to see valid points. Thank you.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
I've been sitting on a ledge with airshield up for a good ten to twenty seconds, when an earthbender catapults up and kills me with 4 earthblasts. This has happened more than once. Similarly for waterbending.
That happens if you let the earthbender/waterbender get close enough to select a source for watermanipulation or earthblast from inside your airshield m9 it really is your own fault. A click function to airshield (similar to fireshield) would be nice do .... it wouldn't brake the airbenders momentum.

KylarThorne

Verified Member
Okay so I heard about this post but I didn't think it was real.

AirShield has some major disadvantages in a fight on account of it requiring you to stop moving and start crouching, which goes against airbending mobility styles. However, at the same time, the move is extremely powerful, as it blocks nearly all moves, and those it doesn't you can jump over.

I wouldn't use AirShield in a fight since I rely quite a lot on my passives compared to the majority of airbenders, but I would in the event that I was pinned into a corner cause with this one move I can hold off a small army and be totally fine.

It's also one of the only moves that protects against FireBurst and cannons being fired at you, which is quite something
Actually, if you look at the coding (see top) there's only 4 moves blocked, and I would suggest that there is some glitch that stops earthblast and watermanip from being blocked. At the very least, why is airswipe unblockable?

KylarThorne

Verified Member
That happens if you let the earthbender/waterbender get close enough to select a source for watermanipulation or earthblast from inside your airshield m9 it really is your own fault. A click function to airshield (similar to fireshield) would be nice do .... it wouldn't brake the airbenders momentum.
That's part of what I was saying, thanks for picking up on it. Even if airbenders are meant for mobility not defense, then they still need a defensive move that they can use on the fly.
However, I have had attacks also hit me from long range whilst using airshield, so maybe there's something else going on. Thanks for the tip though.

KylarThorne

Verified Member
Haha true. I didn't find much difficulty with Air.

Sounds like it would be a solid choice. It didnt seem like you could make impenetrable walls of air, it just lasted for a burst.
That's what I was thinking, not something like God's gift to camping airbenders, like some people on this thread seem to think, but something that worked in a more airbender-style manner, more dynamic, etc.

KylarThorne

Verified Member
I find it funny that you say that "if any other element had a move that 3 out of 4 elements were totally immune to, we would be hearing rage continually". Do you know what fireshield does? It blocks fireblast. Not firekick. Not blaze. Not charge fireblast. Not lightning. Not any other fire move. Not any other elemental move. Does it still have usefulness in combat? Actually, yes. Do you hear firebenders constantly complaining about the uselessness of fireshield? No. It's just like that with airshield, except airshield blocks lots more moves, and can be used to physically push people away in combat.
I may not know everything about airbending, but this at least seemed fairly logical to me. Leave the actual debating about the mechanics of what you guys want to change to the experts, but I felt I should leave my two cents.
I see what you're saying, but the fact is that Fire has most of its moves devoted to offense. Like in the anime, it is primarily "the best defense is a good offense" and that's fine, and pretty effective. On the other hand, air has two (three if you count airsweep) damaging abilities, and is primarily defensive. So, logically, it stands to reason that its defense should be the best, and the fact is that Earth currently wins hands down with earthwall. Now I'm not suggesting a totally OP version of what it is now, I am suggesting a more dynamic version that cannot be used to camp, but actually works on moves besides fire projectiles.
Also, for MY two cents, i would say that fireshield could do with some improvement too, but that's for another thread.
Thanks anyway for the contribution.

KylarThorne

Verified Member
I COMPLETELY AGREE. Airshield is personally one of the most useless airbending move to this date and I rarely bind it unless I am up against a firebender as it is just a waste of space for a bind. This move should be buffed big time and should AT LEAST keep out the normal moves (airblast, watermanipulation, earthblast, and fireblast). Since this is an AIRshield, air moves should NOT be even able to go through the airshield. Air moves would become part of the airshield if came upon contact on the airshield.
Finally, a fellow airbender who sees what i see. That being said, it shouldn't just be buffed, but fixed to stop camping and make it more dynamic. thanks.

KylarThorne

Verified Member
I think we've all noticed that AirShield is rather powerful, and shouldn't be blocking everything.. If you still believe that airshield needs to be stronger, you're obviously too stubborn to see valid points. Thank you.
Zmeduna. I'm sorry mate, but clearly you haven't looked at the coding. this blocks four moves in the coding. Four. Not everything. And also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't block two of them anyway. Read over what I wrote. It isn't just a buff, it's also a nerf to prevent camping, and makes the shield more in line with what it was in the anime. Thank you.

Sorin

Verified Member
That's hardly a constructive comment to make on this thread. Can you read? Did you think this was a "Banter Thread"? It's called "Suggestions" for a reason m8. Remove your trash talk, take it to the tip, drop it in, and on the way back here, get rekt.
Your mad bruh hamez 3good5you

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Zmeduna. I'm sorry mate, but clearly you haven't looked at the coding. this blocks four moves in the coding. Four. Not everything. And also, as far as I can tell, it doesn't block two of them anyway. Read over what I wrote. It isn't just a buff, it's also a nerf to prevent camping, and makes the shield more in line with what it was in the anime. Thank you.
Hop on a server with any one of the people who are arguing with you and prove your points. You claim airshield is useless, while everyone else disagrees. Either you're complaining to PK about problems on the server you main, or you're making up all these encounters you are having in-game with airshield.

And honestly, it just looks like you're raging at this point. Don't blame PK for your inability to use a move.

SamuraiSnowman

Verified Member
It blocks all the moves it is supposed to, unless something is broken on your server?

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Get off. You're only here to cause trouble. Some people including myself don't appreciate that.

Either contribute to the thread, or don't post at all.
Ok, you take things a tiny bit too seriously. It's just some fun, even if it is unorthodox.

Status
Not open for further replies.