• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Airshield, and its growing uselessness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Ok, you take things a tiny bit too seriously. It's just some fun, even if it is unorthodox.
I would consider it fun, if I didn't check any of his previous ones. All were very similar to these posts. So I would prefer he actually had some valid arguments along with silly jabs. But no, his only posts are trying to piss of the OP even more.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I would consider it fun, if I didn't check any of his previous ones. All were very similar to these posts. So I would prefer he actually had some valid arguments along with silly jabs. But no, his only posts are trying to piss of the OP even more.
I know, it's his kind of fun. While it is quite unorthodox, he wasn't the only one in the thread who did something, and he didn't do the worst.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Banter is great and all, but if it's all you have to say on a thread looking for feedback and constructive criticism.. It gets annoying. Seeing how he can't take anything seriously. Stirring up trouble even if the person appears to be raging.

paliate

Verified Member
Seems like a mighty idea, I actually made a thread like this awhile ago though.
But i wish the best of luck.

TheBlueSpirit

Verified Member
I see what you're saying, but the fact is that Fire has most of its moves devoted to offense. Like in the anime, it is primarily "the best defense is a good offense" and that's fine, and pretty effective. On the other hand, air has two (three if you count airsweep) damaging abilities, and is primarily defensive. So, logically, it stands to reason that its defense should be the best, and the fact is that Earth currently wins hands down with earthwall. Now I'm not suggesting a totally OP version of what it is now, I am suggesting a more dynamic version that cannot be used to camp, but actually works on moves besides fire projectiles.
Also, for MY two cents, i would say that fireshield could do with some improvement too, but that's for another thread.
Thanks anyway for the contribution.
We'll agree to disagree, I suppose. I like that this has remained civil so far. Threads can go to shit pretty quickly.

Loony

Verified Member
You have CLEARLY never been an earth bender trying to fight an air bender who is using airspout and airshield.

Instead of writing it, I will quote this guy:
"Airbending: Only has one direct damaging move, and if you block that it'd be impossible to have air 1v1s..
Waterbending: Watermanipulation is blocked.
Earthbending: Earthblast is blocked
Firebending: FLYING fire is block (Fireblast and Burst)
If more stuff gets blocked, it'll become extremely OP"

I think Airshield is fine. Maybe the mechanics could be changed to make it more fun, make it possible for it to actually break the shield?
But as for the things that it blocks, it is fine.

Matt

Verified Member
This is one of the most versatile of PK moves and blocks the basic attacks and more INCLUDING projectiles.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
I, for one, do enjoy a good airshield. I use it very often, only deploying the shield briefly to block that one incoming charged fireblast, or those pesky earthshards (which I prefer to block with tornado, as it's waaay more satisfying). With its fairly recent buff, (now it blocks watermanipulation and earthblast) I do think that the move lives up to its acclaimed title of "most defensive move".

Status
Not open for further replies.