• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Airbending; flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vidcom

3 actually (Roku, Bolin, Ghazan) and maybe even a fourth because Toph knew about the skill
General rule of thumb when thinking about these things, the Avatar is always an exception to every rule and should be treated as such.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
I've been thinking this for some time now, Airbenders should be granted this new ability for their arsenal. It would be something like..Lavabending, or Bloodbending..depending on the server it could be granted or disabled all together.

But how the move would work is an airbender enters a pure concentration type state (In minecraft terms) whenever said airbender enters this state they are able to fly without use of AirSpout, but if they are hit by any form of whatever, they lose their concentration and fall back to the ground. The cooldown would be huge (editable in config) but this would make airbenders a lot cooler.

I could imagine few airbenders using this and flying around while shooting Airblast down at people while avoiding other attacks from people..arrows, rocks, fire, water, e.t.c

An image of Zaheer using this;
Since everyone is complaining about opness how about only AirElder gets the ability considering it's a rare ability like lavabending and bloodbending

chazpants

Verified Member
3 actually (Roku, Bolin, Ghazan) and maybe even a fourth because Toph knew about the skill
Roku isnt a normal bender... we know the avatars can bend lava and toph knew about the skill like any earthbending master but that doesnt mean they are lavabenders...

Joeri

Verified Member
Roku isnt a normal bender... we know the avatars can bend lava and toph knew about the skill like any earthbending master but that doesnt mean they are lavabenders...
How exactly would toph know when nobody showed her?

Also avatars do count in this, Some can lavabend but did you see them flying? It's even making it more rare

V

Vidcom

so redirecting lightning is rubbish?
No, because that's a style of an element, not the move itself. If I took Lightning, called it SkyStrike, and gave it to Air as a move where they make a huge blast of air come down from the sky, it's just unoriginal. Lightning redirection is unique in itself, it simply uses a water STYLE

V

Vidcom

Also avatars do count in this, Some can lavabend but did you see them flying? It's even making it more rare
Toph could probably see the Book 3 shenanigans go down through the vines, and she probably also heard about the initial attempt when Korra was 4 from other members of the Gaang :p

Sketz

Verified Member
Maybe when you choose airbending, this would be a 1/50,000 or a 1/25,000 chance that the airbender would receice the move Flight. Now, I know you might say a noob would come on and be very lucky, and obtain the move. I was thinking you would not know you have this move until you've killed like 250 people on the server, proving that you are strong and are on a lot. If you were lucky, you're 250 kill would say something like "You let go of your earthly tender and fly away." enabling the Flight move, after that you would have to bind it and click again to use it.

I feel like everyone is gonna start using that Signature for there name...
I've seen that more than once, Is it even yours?
If not, i hope you got permission from the person who has made it. :)

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
No, because that's a style of an element, not the move itself. If I took Lightning, called it SkyStrike, and gave it to Air as a move where they make a huge blast of air come down from the sky, it's just unoriginal. Lightning redirection is unique in itself, it simply uses a water STYLE
dont mean all the moves obv just stuff like firejet could be made into an airjet to make airbender flight, air and water share 1 move so why cant the rest?

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member
in all fairness that would make a blood cool move lmaoo, obv you would have to edit the speed it falls but that would be cool indeed.. but i mean what happens when korra ends.. gota start thinking outside the box a bit :s

xD Cel Dx

Verified Member

toph spent years in the swamp developing her spiritual self lol XD

Mage_x

Verified Member
In the show Zaheer said that he had no earthly desire so maybe you had to have a full hunger bar and full health
to represent that you are no longer conected to the earth.
that should certainly be part of it how bout nothing in your inventory aswell?

DanStryder

Verified Member
I don't think the inventory should matter, I understand about the earthly tether but Zaheer is able to carry Korra away with ease, she's gotta weigh a fair bit due to her build and her muscle mass, yet it doesn't bother Zaheer's flight one bit.

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't think the inventory should matter, I understand about the earthly tether but Zaheer is able to carry Korra away with ease, she's gotta weigh a fair bit due to her build and her muscle mass, yet it doesn't bother Zaheer's flight one bit.
Let's say you can't wear armor, (+you can't equip a bow or sword) too make sure it doesn't get OP.

6tijn

Verified Member
Uh.... Everyone says "the owner of the server decides who can get the move". to me, that means that it would turn out a donator abilty on a lot servers, what could get freaking annoying like bloodbending ranks....

Status
Not open for further replies.