• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Airbending; flight

Status
Not open for further replies.

owlcool

Verified Member
No, Jinora clearly states it's a high level airbending technique with a little bit of spiritual stuff thrown in.
I thought she said it the other way around, being a high level of spiritualness with some airbending thrown in. (Don't Correct me!!! I Don't remember exactly what it said!!!)

Blockkkster

Verified Member
I thought she said it the other way around, being a high level of spiritualness with some airbending thrown in. (Don't Correct me!!! I Don't remember exactly what it said!!!)
I just rewatched LoK last weekend, she definitely said it was a high level airbending technique with some spiritual stiff mixed in.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
I don't know at this point with this move. I like the idea, but flying in minecraft is much different to how the airbenders in the show flew. Also I don't really think there should be an inventory limit as Zaheer was able to carry Korra while flying, plus I don't like the idea of being hit making you automatically lose your flight, as seen by Zaheer when he was able to still fly while being sucked into a tornado. The health and hunger I agree with, but I think they should fly faster than regular flying, as if someone used /speed on them. It would make it a better aspect of actually flying. Flying slower doesn't make much sense given Zaheer was able to fly quite fast while carrying Korra and being chased by Korra while she was in the avatar state. I really don't think the move would be that op anyways, but there shouldn't be any boost if the avatar uses it while in the avatarstate, as we cannot assume that there would be because no avatar has achieved flight. I like the idea of only being able to use basic moves while flying.

David

Verified Member
I disagree with the drawbacks in this ability. This ability is supposed to be extremely strong. It is the equivalent of water bender's blood bending, something incredibly strong. It's also another equivalent of Sozin's Comet, the incredible power that a fire bender gains.

I see a lot of things being said about airbenders losing their flight after being hit. I disagree. In Zaheer vs Korra, Korra manages to hit Zaheer with some Ice, but although yes he does descend, he does not lose flight entirely. He quickly regains flight and swoops away at incredible speeds.

Zaheer vs Korra, Zaheer is seen flying at incredible speeds, so I think this ability should be incredibly fast. Actually, I think there should be a way for an air bender to change the pace that she/he is going. I think this ability should be activated with left click. The airbender could then tap shift with airbender flight still selected and their flying speed will be increased. Tap shift again, another speed increase. Tap shift again, and another speed increase and so on.

I'm gonna contradict my self a little bit here, but even though I did say there shouldn't be any drawbacks, I think there should be an option in the configuration, similar to blood bending: how it's possible to make it so blood bending only works during night/full moon. I think it should be possible to make it so this ability only works if the user's inventory is empty, to signify that they are literally, not attached to the earthly tether, as they hold onto nothing, no materials, no possessions, no nothing.

Kwesi

Verified Member
I don't know at this point with this move. I like the idea, but flying in minecraft is much different to how the airbenders in the show flew. Also I don't really think there should be an inventory limit as Zaheer was able to carry Korra while flying, plus I don't like the idea of being hit making you automatically lose your flight, as seen by Zaheer when he was able to still fly while being sucked into a tornado. The health and hunger I agree with, but I think they should fly faster than regular flying, as if someone used /speed on them. It would make it a better aspect of actually flying. Flying slower doesn't make much sense given Zaheer was able to fly quite fast while carrying Korra and being chased by Korra while she was in the avatar state. I really don't think the move would be that op anyways, but there shouldn't be any boost if the avatar uses it while in the avatarstate, as we cannot assume that there would be because no avatar has achieved flight. I like the idea of only being able to use basic moves while flying.
I think the flight speed should be configurable - that way: problem solved.

Dr_CrossFire

Verified Member
3 actually (Roku, Bolin, Ghazan) and maybe even a fourth because Toph knew about the skill
Roku was shown bending lava in the avatarstate. Presumably, he doesn't bend lava, but Fire and Earth combined instead, heavily amplified by his avatarstate. Bolin and Ghazan did it without being anywhere near the level of power the avatarstate has. Earthbenders don't bend lava unless proven otherwise; as such, we can only assume that two benders had the ability to bend lava, the Avatar being a peculiar case.

Joeri

Verified Member
Roku was shown bending lava in the avatarstate. Presumably, he doesn't bend lava, but Fire and Earth combined instead, heavily amplified by his avatarstate. Bolin and Ghazan did it without being anywhere near the level of power the avatarstate has. Earthbenders don't bend lava unless proven otherwise; as such, we can only assume that two benders had the ability to bend lava, the Avatar being a peculiar case.
An avatar still is a bender, Also fire has nothing to do with Lava because Roku already bended existing lava, thus he didnt need fire to heat up

Finn_Bueno_

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
An avatar still is a bender, Also fire has nothing to do with Lava because Roku already bended existing lava, thus he didnt need fire to heat up
He could bend the heat?

Also, there was another one. Kyoshi knew how to lavabend too.

Joeri

Verified Member
He could bend the heat?

Also, there was another one. Kyoshi knew how to lavabend too.
Heat he could probably bend but that is only controlling its state - not its movement

He was using Earth to lavabend, But Sozin was using Fire to cool the lava down, by manipulating the heat

Sketz

Verified Member
I can make this move happen, It's easy kinda.
Mine may look Derpy. but who knows.

I've actually tried creating this, but the only issue i had. was the Height for the airbender to go.
I wanted to make this limited in the move, so they wouldn't go all...the way up in the air.

So benders can still try fighting them.
That is why i stopped making it, but if i can figure out how to make a Height limit. That would be better. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.