• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Water and Earth Implementation: Mudbending sources

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearlessPie121

Verified Member
Ever wanted to mudbend?
Mudbending has always been scarce due to some sourcing issues.
Also, according to http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/water-reutilization.2391/, water should not disappear out of thin air.
Well, I have compromised an idea that will benefit water and earthbenders.

Water has issues battling on plain land due to lack of environment and sources. Now I know that bottlebending could be used as a resort. It would be nice to add some realism into this though. Now I suggest that when a waterbender uses a waterbending move on plain land, there will be a [default] 25% chance of dropping water into the soil causing it to turn into mud.
The size of the mud puddle will depend on the amount of water in the move (Please suggest better looking mud formations if you have ideas and provide usable pictures :))

These puddles will dissipate but can be configured [to be enabled or disabled] and its duration like revert earthbending in the configuration.

Waterbenders can use these puddles as waterbending sources but like plants, 1 mud block can only be used once. After that 1 block is used, it will revert back to grass or dirt.

Not only will that benefit waterbenders. Although it barely exists in projectkorra, this can be used for future mudbending sources.

[Default configurations]
SafeRevert: True
RevertCheckTime: 8000
MudChance: 25%

Attachments

SuperBower118

Verified Member
Ever wanted to mudbend?
Mudbending has always been scarce due to some sourcing issues.
Also, according to http://projectkorra.com/forum/threads/water-reutilization.2391/, water should not disappear out of thin air.
Well, I have compromised an idea that will benefit water and earthbenders.

Water has issues battling on plain land due to lack of environment and sources. Now I know that bottlebending could be used as a resort. It would be nice to add some realism into this though. Now I suggest that when a waterbender uses a waterbending move on plain land, there will be a [default] 25% chance of dropping water into the soil causing it to turn into mud.
The size of the mud puddle will depend on the amount of water in the move (Please suggest better looking mud formations if you have ideas and provide usable pictures :))

These puddles will dissipate but can be configured [to be enabled or disabled] and its duration like revert earthbending in the configuration.

Waterbenders can use these puddles as waterbending sources but like plants, 1 mud block can only be used once. After that 1 block is used, it will revert back to grass or dirt.

Not only will that benefit waterbenders. Although it barely exists in projectkorra, this can be used for future mudbending sources.

[Default configurations]
SafeRevert: True
RevertCheckTime: 8000
MudChance: 25%
I disagree with your statement on waterbending on land- plantbending is a giant part in waterbending on land considering the fact that you can do pretty much any move from a rose or a large tuff of grass. Waterbenders also have the ability to create tons of icespheres, which can create havoc for pretty much anyone who isn't a waterbender or firebender.

I also don't think this is needed- you're basically creating plants for yourself to use for waterbending. Waterbenders are called waterbenders for a reason. I feel this would remove a lot of the effect of using water as your primary source. How would puddles be able to supply enough water for a torrent or a surge? I also think using chances in bending is a bad idea because it can boil down to how much "luck" you have with puddlebending.

Moonelight

Verified Member
Mudbending
^ Is not an official Project Korra Sub Element. As stated above, Plantbending gives a user the full capability to bend on land. One piece of grass can result in a giant surge on a Full Moon. There's no need to buff Waterbending in areas which it already functions well enough, if not too well.

Denied.

Status
Not open for further replies.