• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Tremorsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroMan

Verified Member
[Leaving myself a reminder to suggest this once it appears]

In 1.9, we will be getting the new status effect, called Glowing, which allows an entity to 'glow' with white outline that, making the mob see throught against a non-transparent solid blocks. The Only way this effect can be inflicted is by the hitting with a spectral arrow at the living entity to the living entity you wanna apply glow to.

Imaging inserting this status effect to the tremorsense ability? Sneaking with that ability, would cause entities in certain areas around you to glow, if they are standing on a earthbendable block. The Mob that walks up to on non-bendable block would lose the glow and when the users let go of the sneak key the ability will deactivate (and maybe will have a cooldown), This could even replace my request of changing blocks into barriers, as I find this newer method alot more ideal than that one.

Post your thoughts about this in the comments below (sounded like as if I was on a youtube video lol).

Green

Verified Member
I really don't agree with the whole arrow thing at all, because why would you have to shoot something for a bending move to be triggered, it doesn't make any sense, I think you should hit them. And I do think tremorsense should be able to sneak and see the outline of people around you.

SuperBower118

Verified Member
I really don't agree with the whole arrow thing at all, because why would you have to shoot something for a bending move to be triggered, it doesn't make any sense, I think you should hit them. And I do think tremorsense should be able to sneak and see the outline of people around you.
If you actually read the post you would notice that he said the way how to gain the effect by shooting the arrow. The actual suggestion is for mobs to gain the effect glowing when Tremorsense is activated.

I also suggest that whenever you get blinded, tremorsense activates and nearby players would get the glowing effect.

Moonelight

Verified Member
That is a potion effect, in other words, everyone will see the glow. Not just you.
@Mist can you move this to the Suggestions section?

Moonelight

Verified Member
Denied because as I stated earlier, this effect will not work. Potion effects are not "client side", I think they call it that, so they will be viewable by all users. As much as I wish this idea would work, it won't. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.