• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Suggestion Spirit Energy Cannon

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
So I thought about this, and I realized there may be a practical way to do it. So it would have this configuration:

This would be used as the weapon itself:

The weapon would require, by default, 1 vine (configurable) to use, which must be in your inventory, and is consumed after use. It would also have a default amount of uses before being destroyed (configurable), and would take 5 seconds (configurable) to charge, during which time you cannot move. While charging, you would be surrounded by ender particles, and then the machine would fire a beam of ender particles, lasting 3 seconds (configurable), with the beam being able to sweep around, following your cursor, causing explosions wherever and whoever it hits. a direct hit would kill you, but you could survive an indirect hit. Bending shields and walls can protect you (perhaps not from the explosion though, but certainly the beam). The beam would be fired by selecting the item, then holding shift to charge it, and then firing when it is done charging (you'd know because ender particles would appear around you) by releasing shift. The weapon would have a 2 minute cooldown (configurable), and the Avatar can use energybending to stop it by using an energybending ability which would allow them to absorb it by holding shift for the duration of the weapon's firing. When it finishes firing (if the avatar releases shift before it finishes firing, the beam continues to destroy), the Avatar can release shift, releasing all the energy, with a 10% chance of creating a spirit portal (the portal would be a beacon). The weapon, when used, after being charged and the beam released, has a 10% chance of exploding instead of releasing a beam, damaging the user severely if not killing them.

I will gladly take suggestions.

Tenket

Verified Member
i feel like it would be more balanced if this block was activated when firing from a dispenser.

Having pre charged one of these whifffs a bit of OP to me

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
i feel like it would be more balanced if this block was activated when firing from a dispenser.

Having pre charged one of these whifffs a bit of OP to me
Pre charged? it isn't pre charged, you have to charge it yourself at the time that you intend to use it.

Orion_Solus

Verified Member
It is not possible to make this with the current PK Item plugin. It is and probably always be a way to enchant the current bending (with the exception of some little features such as the current gliding effect but nothing more) that is all ready in the plugin not a way to create new types of abilities.

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
It is not possible to make this with the current PK Item plugin. It is and probably always be a way to enchant the current bending (with the exception of some little features such as the current gliding effect but nothing more) that is all ready in the plugin not a way to create new types of abilities.
How would it not work?

Venusaur0817

Verified Member
You can't summon particles for a star. Then you can't make the charge feature nor slow the user down.
What do you mean you cannot summon particles for a star? what star? And I never said slow the user down. What I meant was, if they move, the charging cancels.

Tenket

Verified Member
What do you mean you cannot summon particles for a star? what star? And I never said slow the user down. What I meant was, if they move, the charging cancels.
Farm must calm. Your farm. Calm it.
Technical restrictions of current system. Thats all he is saying.

I actually agree that making those features possible sounds bad. Mainly because it would cause the mod to become sprawling and unfocused. It's current advantage is how it focuses on core features and is developed in rapid iterating cycles.

TL;DR
Less features to work on = faster development time

Jackson

Staff member
Digital Team
Verified Member
I would love to do this with the custom move Spirit Beam but I can't until there is a stat for it