• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Complete Lightning Repulsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferinine

Verified Member
I haven't seen any suggestions for this yet which very much surprises me. The ability I am suggesting is the Lightning redirection from the original avatar series.

Above is an image of Zuko using this move in the scene where he faces his father during the eclipse.

-HOW IT WOULD WORK. I Suggest that it is an ability that is held by right click not held by shift. The move would be equipped as normal and then when it is to be used the bender would hold rightclick while facing their opponent (facing may or may not be possible.) then when struck with the lightning attack it would cause a link (like it currently does between creatures.) that would run from the lightning caster to the reflect caster and back at the lightning caster. I would propose that if the reflect caster is on the ground. (not jumping or using glide moves.) then damage is only done to the opponent. (the one doing the casting of lightning.) If he is not grounded it does normal damage to both.

WHY IS THIS USEFUL? I suggest that you make reflected lightning when grounded deal about 1.25 damage. Also this would be useful for a defense if you don't have time to charge your own attack.

IS THIS ACTUALLY POSSIBLE? I admit i don't know java or what the programmers can do, however i do use many plugins on my server and know this move is possible. In the config file you can edit attack power and defence. their are also moves that change power depending on circumstances. Another plugin (the magicspells plugin) has a reflect move that works against some spells. Finally is the fact that unlike normal minecraft lightning that doesn't have a warning the lightning bending attack has very obvious blue redstone particles, meaning it would be very possible to predict the attack and switch to the reflect move.

If you like this idea or have suggestions to improve it, feel free to comment and spread the word. More information on the move in the show can be seen at the following.

http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Lightning_redirection

Sorin

Verified Member
There is no way to check if a player is holding right click, or right-clicking at all, unless they have an item in their hand, or they are looking at a block, I like the idea though.

NinjaK

Verified Member
This is already in the plugin. Just hold shift with lightning when someone hits you with lightning, and your lightning will be automatically charged up for you to fire back at them.

ferinine

Verified Member
I admit that i didn't know that this ability existed. but even so. You still take quite a bit of damage no? and it doesn't have an ability to increase damage ither. however i do thank you for telling me, And you are right that it is not as necesairy then.

NinjaK

Verified Member
I admit that i didn't know that this ability existed. but even so. You still take quite a bit of damage no? and it doesn't have an ability to increase damage ither. however i do thank you for telling me, And you are right that it is not as necesairy then.
While redirecting it, I believe you do not take any damage. Or at least a reduced amount. I may be wrong there though.

NinjaK

Verified Member
You take no damage while redirecting and are able to send it back for the same damage and values it originally has.
Just as I thought. So, yeah, this suggestion is already existent. Yay you don't have to wait for it to be implemented!

ferinine

Verified Member
aight i tried it out. thanks for tellin me. I do think that they need a more in depth help section in the plugin. i didn't know about combos this or some other things because it's not in /b help.

Status
Not open for further replies.