• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied LavaCool (name could be changed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

D1am0ndDude98314

Verified Member
Hi, i haven't posted on the forums before although i have been using projectkorra for a long time, i was exploring lavabending recently and i though of an ability that is seen in the show but i dont see anyone having thought of it before, it allows to solidify lava into a block you can walk across (E.G stone, obsidian. etc) this would have a similar affect to heatcontrol but could be very similar to phasechange, only it turns lava to stone/obsidian instead of water to ice, i have attatched a video that shows bolin doing something similar to what im talking about, im not sure if i have even written this correctly but i hope this idea can be considered

owlcool

Verified Member
Hi, i haven't posted on the forums before although i have been using projectkorra for a long time, i was exploring lavabending recently and i though of an ability that is seen in the show but i dont see anyone having thought of it before, it allows to solidify lava into a block you can walk across (E.G stone, obsidian. etc) this would have a similar affect to heatcontrol but could be very similar to phasechange, only it turns lava to stone/obsidian instead of water to ice, i have attatched a video that shows bolin doing something similar to what im talking about, im not sure if i have even written this correctly but i hope this idea can be considered
Nobody thought of it before: Except for the people who added it onto lavaflow already.

D1am0ndDude98314

Verified Member
There's an art to using it with LavaFlow, but it is definitely added. There's little to no point in adding a feature to Lavabending that is most definitely there
if you think about it this way: if firebenders can put out lava better than lavabender can then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the plugin works

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
if you think about it this way: if firebenders can put out lava better than lavabender can then there is something fundamentally wrong with the way the plugin works
Actually firebenders control heat, so them cooling lava faster than a lavabanding makes sense, as lavabenders cannot technically control heat, just the earth.

HydroMan

Verified Member
Actually firebenders control heat, so them cooling lava faster than a lavabanding makes sense, as lavabenders cannot technically control heat, just the earth.
If they can cool lava so fast and decreased the tempeture enourmsly low that they can possible turn into obsidian then they could theoractly create lava(by heating earth with high temperature) with eas on their own (unless am wrong)

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
If they can cool lava so fast and decreased the tempeture enourmsly low that they can possible turn into obsidian then they could theoractly create lava(by heating earth with high temperature) with eas on their own (unless am wrong)
Cooling something is much easier than heating something up.

Simplicitee

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
So explain to me why firebenders can heat up ice faster than waterbenders. (Namely clicking instead of shifting)
Because fire is, more than not, usually is hotter than water. Even if they are just melting the ice that is bending the heat around the ice to make it hotter and melt faster.

Of Light Rain

Verified Member
Because fire is, more than not, usually is hotter than water. Even if they are just melting the ice that is bending the heat around the ice to make it hotter and melt faster.
And somehow that is faster than waterbenders. In terms of what it takes to do so (a click versus a tap of shift). If you have applied heat to ice you would know that it generally takes a while, no matter the temperature. Unless you apply so much heat that it goes straight to evaporation.

Waterbenders are meant to be able to instantly switch water from it's liquid form into it's solid. So I think it's a little weird that fire can do it easier. While there is no real point to this argument, I still want to state my opinion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.