• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Fixed IceSpike Nullpointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedk1

Pluign: ProjectKorra Core
Version: v1.3.0
Bug found in: Logs
Bug:
Hey, I swapped to this plugin yesterday as I was in need of an update, and I log on this morning, to find a log file the size of 620MB.
I finally managed to open the file, to find about 6-7 million lines of
Code:
[12:40:37] [Server thread/WARN]: [ProjectKorra] Task #23 for ProjectKorra v1.3.0 generated an exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.waterbending.IceSpike.progress(IceSpike.java:190) ~[?:?]
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.waterbending.WaterbendingManager.run(WaterbendingManager.java:40) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:58) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:635) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:283) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:583) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:489) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
For the mean time ive disabled icespike, but i just thought i would bring this to your attention.
(I would add the whole file as an attachment but its 620mb so i cant.)

EDIT: ok so looking at my logs even more ive encountered another error:
Code:
[15:05:38] [Server thread/WARN]: [ProjectKorra] Task #23 for ProjectKorra v1.3.0 generated an exception
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot measure distance between BA and Survival
    at org.bukkit.Location.distanceSquared(Location.java:448) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at org.bukkit.Location.distance(Location.java:431) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.firebending.Combustion.removeAroundPoint(Combustion.java:203) ~[?:?]
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.waterbending.WaterManipulation.progress(WaterManipulation.java:313) ~[?:?]
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.waterbending.WaterManipulation.progress(WaterManipulation.java:606) ~[?:?]
    at com.projectkorra.ProjectKorra.waterbending.WaterbendingManager.run(WaterbendingManager.java:28) ~[?:?]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftTask.run(CraftTask.java:58) ~[spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.scheduler.CraftScheduler.mainThreadHeartbeat(CraftScheduler.java:345) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:635) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:283) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:583) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:489) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
    at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [spigot.jar:git-Spigot-1501]
Is having multiple worlds gonna be an issue?

Last edited:

jedk1

i have no idea, i just logged on one morning, my server was lagging extremely hard (which it hadnt done with the old plugin), so i read the logs and boom. a 620mb crash report of nullpointer exceptions caused by icespike

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
i have no idea, i just logged on one morning, my server was lagging extremely hard (which it hadnt done with the old plugin), so i read the logs and boom. a 620mb crash report of nullpointer exceptions caused by icespike
Has this happened again lately?

Edit: Oh I just realized is BA and Survival 2 different worlds?

jedk1

well ive had a theory, cos i have multiple worlds, is it a possibility a player is say, using ice spike or combustion in lets say, my survival world, and then they switch to the world that has the bending arena, could this be an issue? if so, maybe then do a check for if player switches worlds, cancel any current active moves?

jacklin213

Staff member
Plugin Developer
Verified Member
Yes this theoricly would cause errors, but currently I don't think so unless the skill requires an target who switched to another world, or an explosion

Would you mind turning IceSpike on and see if you recreate that error

EDIT: Nvm I have found out the problem within the code, I am fixing this now should be fixed in next beta. BETA 7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.