• Hello Guest! Did you know that ProjectKorra has an official Discord server? A lot of discussion about the official server, development process, and community discussion happens over there. Feel free to join now by clicking the link below.

Join the Discord Server

Denied Iceclaws

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGhost

Verified Member
I know, I know this has been denied several times... Just give it a chance... -.-'

Move: Iceclaws (possibly included in Iceblast)
Element: Water
Sub-element: Ice
Combo: No
Passive: No
Description: Gather water existing in the air around you and use it to create claws of ice that you're able to shoot out. When using the move, water particles will come from mid air towards you in a circular motion, then turn to ice particles and forming 1 "icebullet" (maybe a little bigger them the regular icebullet particles), that you can them send at your target.
How to use: Hold shift for arround 3 seconds, water particles will go towards you, after that time they will be gathered in front of you and turn to ice particles, then you left click and the ice particles will be shoot in the direction your looking at, with the animation of icebullet.
Warm up: 3 secounds.
Cooldown: Around 10 seconds.
Effects: Damage 2 hearts (just a little more than the default watermanipulation) and maybe around 1 seconds of slowness 1 (not sure though)

Why include it in Iceblast: since Iceblast just uses tap shift to select source and left click to shoot it, then if you hold shift you would use Iceclaws instead... meaning you wouldn't need to bind iceclaws and it wouldn't waste a slot.

This move is the only move ever seen to be used out of water existing within air since just Hama is seen doing it (I think katara never actually attempted to use it).

The way it should work is: that it takes some time to actually gather the water around you as what happaned with Hama and it should have a large cooldown so that air can regain its normal humidity since by doing the move you're drying the air (this way it isn't spammable at all). It would deal a considerably low amount of damage and just maybe a short slowness 1 effect, so that its used just as a last resource move, in case there really isn't any other souce or waterbottles.

Last edited:

BlueGhost

Verified Member
What makes this different to all the other denied iceclaw suggestions?
Well, I've been searching old suggestions on Iceclaws and I've found two kinds:
One is a combo and ends being quite rought to do, making it not worth it for what it does (and meaning you'll need a souce to performe it);
The other is a move that needs a source and looks way too much like airswipe instead of an ice move... and steel having a large warm up and just slightly more damage than watermanipulation, making it pretty much a waste of slot;

Mine does as well just a bit more damage than watermanipulation (it could be a bit more though...) and a short slowness effect, has a warm up and a large cooldown, but just to balance it so that "not needing a souce" (you actually have one) doesn't make it overpowered or spammable.
Mine is quite easy to learn and use, as well as it looks more like in the show, gathering the water in the air and freezing it to shot, you just use 1 "iceclaw" intead of the 5 in the show, because in minecraft you don't have fingers so you just shot it like that (as well as earthglove addon).
With my iceclaw you don't waste a slot in a move that is supposed to be used once in a while and makes iceblast another use.
It also bring to minecraft the only way to waterbend that used to be impossible and doesn't make it overpower, just being used as a last resource if no other way to waterbend is available, as it should be.

jedk1

Well, I've been searching old suggestions on Iceclaws and I've found two kinds:
One is a combo and ends being quite rought to do, making it not worth it for what it does (and meaning you'll need a souce to performe it);
The other is a move that needs a source and looks way too much like airswipe instead of an ice move... and steel having a large warm up and just slightly more damage than watermanipulation, making it pretty much a waste of slot;

Mine does as well just a bit more damage than watermanipulation (it could be a bit more though...) and a short slowness effect, has a warm up and a large cooldown, but just to balance it so that "not needing a souce" (you actually have one) doesn't make it overpowered or spammable.
Mine is quite easy to learn and use, as well as it looks more like in the show, gathering the water in the air and freezing it to shot, you just use 1 "iceclaw" intead of the 5 in the show, because in minecraft you don't have fingers so you just shot it like that (as well as earthglove addon).
With my iceclaw you don't waste a slot in a move that is supposed to be used once in a while and makes iceblast another use.
It also bring to minecraft the only way to waterbend that used to be impossible and doesn't make it overpower, just being used as a last resource if no other way to waterbend is available, as it should be.
so the same as the others just a different way of doing it?

paliate

Verified Member
Going to deny this, It's already been suggested and I don't see any difference other then performance like @jedk1 pointed out.
I don't see this fitting into PK, Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.